**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vision power reserve bug? [Not A Bug]

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
It appears that vision’s l1 and l2 do not do additional damage against a power reserve opponent but his l3 appears to. Is that a bug or intended?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    It appears that vision’s l1 and l2 do not do additional damage against a power reserve opponent but his l3 appears to. Is that a bug or intended?

I've also noticed that his special damage does not scale, but that's probably because his specials depend directly on the amount of power you burn, and don't actually do physical damage. It was probably unintended but for now I would avoid using him on that node
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    It's working as intended: for either version of Vision, their basic SP1 and SP2 cause zero damage. If they connect, then they also inflict a power burn for direct damage. This means:
    You can't get critical hits (at all) with Vision's special attacks.
    If your opponent blocks, then no power burn = zero damage.
    If your opponent has ability accuracy reduction that activates, no power burn = zero damage.
    If your opponent has zero power, no power burn = zero damage.
    If you are suffering under a Power Shield node (Power shield prevents you from doing any damage from regular attacks, but your special attacks do 400% more damage) then your specials still don't deal any normal damage; and your Power Burn damage isn't affected.

Vision's special 3 does deal regular damage (and can't be blocked), so most of the times above don't apply. The SP3 should also inflict a Power Burn, which it does for AoU, but the Original Vision (you know, the one people actually paid money for) has been bugged for months, and doesn't inflict a Power Burn with his SP3 at all.

Don't let this put you off him. Vision AoU is absolutely one of my top champions. You just need to pay attention to your opponent's power meter to make the best use of him.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Run477. Stepping in here to thank @Magrailothos for that awesome breakdown, which is correct. Since there is no Bug here, I'm going to go ahead and close out the thread.
This discussion has been closed.