**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade or Stark Spidey rank 5? The big question

DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
edited December 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Blade or Stark Spidey rank 5? The big question 157 votes

Blade
61%
GroundedWisdomDL864CoatHang3rVoluntarisGamerGrubKpatrixWARICK99RagamugginGunnerDr_ARCHerShrimkinsGbSarkarHarcourtmazeShynight00Horror_punkxtremegamerSpity68ZENCapWW2Username819273981 96 votes
Stark Spidey
38%
JimmymyboyNevvBOmniMr_3xcelsiorVavasourNightMaulerDLegendPalanthraxWilljackson16Hulk_77Fireballs5vg2782Tortoigbelli300NguyenDauDanicb94supergokuSuperman69Username819273943weavile 61 votes

Comments

• Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Blade
    Both are great but Blade is just better for more content of the game
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Blade
    I think most would agree starky is most desirable for his damage output and ability to bait/evade specials. But with the right synergies, Blade can match starkys damage immediately, and also has an extremely strong passive regen, which makes him way more sustainable. Also, his danger sense makes him ideal against difficult mystic defenders.

Disclaimer I don't have either of these champs just saying what I kno lol
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Blade
    If there is a question about any champion in the game the answer is Blade, he’s just that powerful; obscenely powerful.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Stark Spidey

Spark spidey has a better range of utilities and better damage output if used properly. You won't go wrong with either of them tbh.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Spark Spidey defense coming in lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Blade
    They're both great, but Blade has the Regen factor.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Blade
    They really are both great, but man...Blade with his Synergies, when Danger Sense is active...woof.

Man, it's hard not to love that guy if you are running him with GR and Spark at a minimum, Dormammu for even more devastation with Danger Sense
    Prestige might be a big factor too in who to rank up
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    Blade
    Both together are sick nice syenergy do both R5
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    Blade
    :)
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Blade
    Blade has significantly higher prestige ... and is one of the most OP champs in the game currently.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Having to pick between them is killing me also, I am following this thread closely to help inform my decision!
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Stark Spidey
    Spark is much better for overall content dont be fooled by people who do not have BOTH at the same level for accurate comparisons.

Power drain, chain 100% stun, taunt, evade, ability reduction sp3 makes spark a lot better for endgame nodes. Not to mention you will have a 100% LOL machine. And for immediate damage capabilities, a 3 poise stark hits like a blade with danger sense increased potency synergy with spark (@10 poise, the hits are approx 1.5x)

Issues I have with blade are you NEED to be fighting with danger sense+bleedable opponents to get comparable damage output. His regen while great can be useless against very aggro AI because in high level content the 1k block hits from holding block essentially nullify your regen and then you have lost power for no reason and also risk getting cornered.

Spark also having low hp would benefit more from having a larger health pool @5/65, mind you, when you get extremely good with spark your intercept game is so strong and while evading specials you will have long fights where you litterally take no damage.

Either way you cannot go wrong with the choice but I think as your skill level increases with spark he is hands down the best champion in the game. The population that says otherwise are generally the ones who do not have both, or are not very capable with spark as he does take time to learn where blade is just so easy to use it is almost boring.

Again both are awesome champs and it really comes down to preference at a certain point. I know spark will no doubt be my first 5/65 over my blade for reasons mentioned.

I have both as 5*r4s and I completely agree with what you wrote. Although, for Act 5.4, since all of the bosses are villians, I'd say Blade is better. If you somehow find this in 10 months and haven't done 5.4 yet, I'd do Blade first and then Spark after finishing it.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Stark Spidey
    Really hoping the final milestones in gifting events are t5bs. Would resolve this dilemma for myself.
    Tempest wrote: »
    Having to pick between them is killing me also, I am following this thread closely to help inform my decision!

Decision killing me too
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Stark Spidey
    Stark Spidey can help you clear more end game content. He would be the better choice right now.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Stark Spidey
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I keep going back and forth, but leaning Spark still.

For reference, of the existing 114 champs currently in the game:
    6 are Dimensional Beings (Dorm, Ghostrider, Hood, Mephisto, Morningstar, Magik)
    15 are Mystic Class, however that only adds 9 new champs for Danger Sense since all of the Dimensional Beings are mystic class
    35 are Villians. However, 8 of those are already Mystic or Dimensional or both.

So, Blade activates Danger Sense against 42 out of 114 champions, or ~37%.

If a new character has another synergy to expand that some more for Blade, I might move him up over Spark, but right now I'm thinking it's gotta be Spark.

Well done for actually running the math, I wasn't aware of the exact numbers. I figured it would be closer to 50%, this reinforces the decision I took this week to rank 5 my Stark Spidey.

To put this in perspective, I can take Red Hulk down - without suicides, I don't run them - in 261 hits. That was my first and only attempt since I ranked him up.

Blade can rival that performance (with class advantage) but only versus 37% of the champs in the game. Put him up against Starlord on the other path and Stark Spidey is the only logical choice for the fight.

I'm happy with my choice. I still have LOL exploration to do, so I think this was the best option for me. If I'd explored LOL and only cared about AQ/AW performance, or I was in a top 5 alliance, I could see Blade and/or prestige being a primary consideration, but I'm not in that particular boat.

Now when it comes down to my NEXT rank 5 ... you can bet your a$$ it will be Blade.
    edited December 2017
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Really hoping the final milestones in gifting events are t5bs. Would resolve this dilemma for myself.

Yes that would be heaven sent, it will take around 8 months(including this month) to rank up next rank 5 if we are to rely on Uncollected monthly quests for rank 5 basic catalysts and that’s if we can also get the 6 tier 2 alphas.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Blade
    Blade 100 times out of 100. I have both and Blade is a game changer.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Stark Spidey
    If you wanna do LoL 100%, Starky or even SL. For all other areas, it's ya boi Blade.
  • Blade
    Screw them both... Luke Cage for the win!!!!!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Spark. Or hold the upgrade until after the Blade crystal reruns.
  • Clear answer is Abomination and his pants lol
    Blade
    I have all 3 and Blade is just a pure beast. Don’t get me wrong stark is pure power and smashes ****, but blade gets me to the promised land every time! Stark will possibly get there also but he won’t have much health left no matter how bad ass of a player anyone is!
    Blade
    Here is a good video to watch

https://youtu.be/pGL8Ch-dHno