**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anybody think instead of 1 hour timers, Should it be….. [Merged Threads]

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
45min timers? that way 30 is to short but 45 for aq and aw so it can be in the middle, not to short and not to long.
Post edited by Kabam Rose on

Comments

• We’ve been playing with this nightmare routine for 3 years now, its time it stopped !, the logistics of organising 30 people over various time zones is hard enough, never mind over holiday periods. I’m sure I’m flogging a dead horse here, but wtf get a grip, it’s not fun chasing people to move, the 30 timers change absolutely nothing in rankings & keep folks happy. Why isn’t this not the norm ?.?.?

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    They never got enough money this month so this is our punishment. Endure my friend endure.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    AQ timer was designed to be 1h per energy, and that's it.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    It was also designed before map 6.

you can beat map 6 with 1 hour timers
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    They have proved time and time again that they can amend the timers for special occasions, why not permanently?

If they change the maps then they can possibly amend the timers to 30 minutes
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They have proved time and time again that they can amend the timers for special occasions, why not permanently?

If they change the maps then they can possibly amend the timers to 30 minutes
    AQ was designed to be played by people with varying schedules over a 24 hour period.

It’s counter intuitive for many people but 1 hour timers, with the way AQ is designed, are inclusionary while 30 minute timers are exclusionary.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I think they should remove timer period and remove energy cap and let us move freely in all content
    #MakeMcocGreatAgain

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    They did give us a break. Last week. Lol. Break's over.
  • All I’m trying to point out is most end game players have real lives, full time jobs, kids.. etc. The timer changes nothing but quality of life, doesn’t effect results, saying that developers don’t have lives or play there own games lmao
    It also changes the quality of gaming for people who can't log on as often or live in different Time Zones. If the game were more localized I might agree. When people have to log on to missing out on the Map because they're in opposite Time Zones, that's a different story. Not to mention the pressure of being pushed to move more often. Not everyone has the game on 24/7, for exactly the same reasons you're stating. Having to move every half an hour makes it worse.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    All I’m trying to point out is most end game players have real lives, full time jobs, kids.. etc. The timer changes nothing but quality of life, doesn’t effect results, saying that developers don’t have lives or play there own games lmao
    Thats false though, timers are also part of the difficulty relating to coordination and cooperation so it changes that for one.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    If all it was about is making sure people werent pressured to log in more then they could just let us choose our timers like we chose our map, 30/60min whichever suits us best. Then everyone wins. Eitherway, over the holidays it should really be 30 min timers.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    The game runs normally. It isn't because of a holiday that the game will change.
    Asking for the timers to change just because of that reason isn't near enough
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    Notice how there are barely any mods around? Weird, maybe cause its a globally celebrated holiday and they want more time with there family. Asking for short timers for your birthday or sisters graduation is one thing but for the holiday season it makes perfect sense, us like them would like more time with family and less in game over the holidays.
  • MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    It also changes the quality of gaming for people who can't log on as often or live in different Time Zones. If the game were more localized I might agree. When people have to log on to missing out on the Map because they're in opposite Time Zones, that's a different story. Not to mention the pressure of being pushed to move more often. Not everyone has the game on 24/7, for exactly the same reasons you're stating. Having to move every half an hour makes it worse.

Pressure to move more often?
    Moving every half hour makes it worse?

Last week must have been such awful punishment for you.
    I'm not talking about myself. I have all the time in the world to play. Other people work more demanding jobs, have children, loads of responsibilities. We had them briefly. That doesn't mean there weren't effects for others. Just because a good number want to finish faster doesn't mean the effects don't exist. Which is why we have them occasionally and not permanently.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    You could always just not run AQ over the holidays and have your own break.

No ones forcing anyone to play AQ.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    30 mins timers gets my vote
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    1 hour is too much
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    It wouldn't be so bad if they would increase the cap to 8, so you don't have to feel like you are losing out for sleeping a healthy amount, or not logging on during a normal work day....
  • We decided to merge these two thread together. Thank you!
  • I was just about to make my own post suggesting 45 minute timers. Searched and found this thread. So here's my 2 cents.

This game is enjoyed by players around the world. Many alliances, my own included, do not want to turn players away based on their timezone. Currently we have no choice and will only allow a few players from certain areas of the world in our alliance at any given time. I don't like this as it feels almost racist. The reason though, is one hour timers make it impossible for us to coordinate well with one another. This is a limitation that should be addressed as this is a global game and the community gets divided unnecessarily.

30 minute timers are definitely too fast though. Alliances that have members spanning the globe will have some users who appear to be non-contributors because it's over before they get a chance to get in game and help. Then these members would be removed from the alliance for non-participation and the "timezone-ism" perpetuates.

45 minute timers seem like the perfect compromise. If not then consider the extended energy reserve as Jay_Ibero suggested above. People generally sleep 8 hours so 8 hour reserve seems reasonable. As it stands the game makes us recruit members into our alliances from only our area of the world.

Please Kabam, do your part to put an end to timezone prejudice.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    I feel it should be 42 minute timers, not 45.
  • They should get ride of AQ energy and war energy for several reason. First they are pretty much pointless do to the fact these events are time gated to 24 hours for the prizes anyway and it would not matter if there finished in the first hour or the last minute because you still have to wait for the 24 hour event to end before getting the prizes. Second these maps have link barriers keeping movement slowed while waiting for another player to open the link to progress further down a path safely. It would be in kabams benefit this way because the people willing to power through these links without waiting for other player to open said linked path would likely end up spending more money for revives and potion and also give more time for normal questing which requires energy and spending for refill to keep grinding out the story, arena and daily events. That’s my two cents about the subject it would make for a better business model gamers are more likely to spend money if they can keep playing all the content verses logging off because they have to wait so many hours to finish something before they can move on to the next thing.