**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does King Groot needs a buff?

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
King Groot is really an underdog champion. Being the lowest base attack rating in the game, it’s no wonder this champion isn’t in anyone’s mind to be included in their rosters. However, KABAM made a move to ‘compensate’ his lack of attack rating with a powerful regeneration ability. In fact, in my opinion, he has the most powerful regen ability in the game. For some people, it can be an argument that red suit Deadpool excels in that department.

Anywho, despite the low base attack, I think that KABAM still hasn’t done enough justice with this champion. It will be wise to just give his SP1 100% chance to Armor Break instead of just a fixed 90%. I had been in several situations where I did more than 3 times of SP1 with his Fury buffs on and there was no permanent Armor Break as described in his profile. That’s really nonsense. His base attack is already the lowest, his Fury buffs value isn’t even exceed 300 each, and KABAM decides to give his SP1 to inflict Armor Break with a chance? Ridiculous!

Also, in his SP1 profile, it also states “If King Groot has a Fury buff, he consumes it to apply an additional Poison effect.” My question is “What Poison effect are you talking about?” Is it an increase of poison duration and potency? What is it? This is a similar case to Kamala Khan and She-Hulk. Is KABAM just doesn’t want to spend time on their champs? However, this isn’t the case to Taskmaster that’s just being released last week. He undoubtly has the most lengthy profile in the game. If they can spend their time on that, I don’t see any reason for them to not revisit old champs and update their profiles to make it crystal clear to players.

To recap my concern on KG:
1) I really hope that KABAM change his SP1 Armor Break chance from 90% to 100%. Of course, it still can be reduced by any Ability Reduction champions like Crossbones’ Fury buff effect and Civil Warrior’s Armor Up effect.
2) Be thorough with his SP2 profile and to all other old champions. Please spend time to include how does each of their ability works so there will be no confusion to players. For example, She-Hulk has no further description of what his signature ability can do. You can only find it out by using in combat. Doesn't that fun given that she is one of crappiest champions at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    If everyone was useful then everyone would be fine with what they have and not see a reason to constantly give their money away. Im not saying old champs will not be revisted, some might but do not expect too much. Look how long it took to buff punisher, ws and hulk.
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I actually enjoy using King Groot a lot. I will admit, he does need a bit of a buff on his base damage though. His regen is amazing and his damage ramps up over time. The big thing with King Groot is he’s a Suicide mastery god. He regen all the health back from poison/recoil and he’s bleed immune. The damage output with suicides and the armor break ramps up over time, and makes him pretty solid. It just sucks that I need suicides to use him at his full potential. I only have him as a r5 4* but I do hear he does scale up much better as a 5* though...

So I’m not saying he shouldn’t get a small buff, I’m just pointing out the reasons I do like him!
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Yes 1 more fury buff.....lol