**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

7% > 70% , this is kabam logic

tufan_1974tufan_1974 Posts: 952 ★★★
Can someone please explain from kabam family, how GR with 70% change to start reg. when heavy attack fails 4 times out of 9 but , AI with 7% change to evade attack ALWAYS evades in every fight i did today at act 4.4.3 with Electra? Do you need some math lesson? oh sorry RNG isn't it?

Comments

• This is the rng,bro.we are having bad rng,the opponents are having good rng.kabam luck:)
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    It can't go in our favour don't forget this is kabams game that they made which means the fights go how they want it to play out, if we are a winning streak in a hard quest then we will lose that streak not because of our mistake but because we are not allowed to carry on our domination. This is how games always work. If everyone made a game together however we could make the game fair but as long as we play a game we do not own we will never have full control over any outcome simply due to $$$ and power hungry people.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain from kabam family, how GR with 70% change to start reg. when heavy attack fails 4 times out of 9 but , AI with 7% change to evade attack ALWAYS evades in every fight i did today at act 4.4.3 with Electra? Do you need some math lesson? oh sorry RNG isn't it?

That doesn't happen to me, so if the game is rigged it is specifically rigged against you.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    It can't go in our favour don't forget this is kabams game that they made which means the fights go how they want it to play out, if we are a winning streak in a hard quest then we will lose that streak not because of our mistake but because we are not allowed to carry on our domination. This is how games always work. If everyone made a game together however we could make the game fair but as long as we play a game we do not own we will never have full control over any outcome simply due to $$$ and power hungry people.

@SpiritOfVengeance Why do you continue to play this game? You are chalk full conspiracy theories that you try and imply on every post. You have nothing constructive to add, stfu.
    GR activates regen more or less depending on who hes fighting. Non villians have less of a chance and villians have more of a chance.
    That node has a 7% to evade attacks. That isnt 7% for the whole fight, 7% each time his champ tries to make a hit.

OP, you need to use ability reducers or brute force with smart game play. Iceman would be wonderful against that node.
    edited January 2018
    I love the game but making theories also makes it fun. If we all pretended everything was sunshine and rainbows then it would be even more dangerous. Just be glad im not a troll abusing and calling people out for fun. I also actually agree with people most of the time in fact I only agreed with your comment just now only for the advice you gave to the OP. @Demonzfyre

I sometimes just read threads and find advice when possible too if not then youtube it is.
    I have had multiple names on this forum not seperate accounts but I manage to get my name to change but when I started on the forums I was always positive but I do believe I have been thinking negative at random times so sorry about that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    I love the game but making theories also makes it fun. If we all pretended everything was sunshine and rainbows then it would be even more dangerous. Just be glad im not a troll abusing and calling people out for fun. I also actually agree with people most of the time in fact I only agreed with your comment just now only for the advice you gave to the OP. @Demonzfyre

I sometimes just read threads and find advice when possible too if not then youtube it is.
    I have had multiple names on this forum not seperate accounts but I manage to get my name to change but when I started on the forums I was always positive but I do believe I have been thinking negative at random times so sorry about that.

Spouting conspiracy theories with absolutely zero evidence is the definition of a troll.
    edited January 2018
    Oops it takes one to know one then I guess Mr fries.
    Anyway think what you wish maybe me having the same pic as you is the real problem annoying you but oh well. See you next time when you decide to unleash your unholy wrath upon me. 😁
    @Demonzfyre
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Two words: Challenger Rating.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That doesn't happen to me, so if the game is rigged it is specifically rigged against you.

Isn't it possible that *IF* rigged, that they proc randomly to random players?
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Well magik has a 20% chance to proc limbo off of l1 but face a stacked magik and it’s pretty much 100%

Wrong. Magik has a 20% base chance to get Limbo from 1 bar of power. The level of her sig increases it, by up to 100% at sig 99, which means at max sig her chance is 40% at one bar of power... close to half the time
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It can't go in our favour don't forget this is kabams game that they made which means the fights go how they want it to play out, if we are a winning streak in a hard quest then we will lose that streak not because of our mistake but because we are not allowed to carry on our domination. This is how games always work.

This also never seems to happen to me in that way, so if the game is rigged to do that it apparently isn't rigged to do that to everyone. You might consider streaming your gameplay to Youtube, because apparently the game knows when you're doing that and stops the rigged behavior from happening so no one can record proof of it.

It's ironic you bring this up. I spent last night and this morning trying to get video proof of Dr. Voodoo's sp2 being blocked after finishing a 5-hit combo. I didn't want to spent units on an energy refill to do an Age of Sentry 3.2 run on Uncollected Difficulty, so I did a run of the short path on Act 3.4.6. I started recording on my IPhone 7 before starting the fight, and Voodoo's sp2 was blocked after landing a 5-hit combo 2 out of 5 times. However, when I exited the game to the main screen I saw that the content had not been recorded for some reason. After that I ran another 5-6 runs of 3.4.6 with screen recording active each time, and Voodoo's sp2 landed every time with no issues.

Determined to see if the issue had been fixed, I bought an energy refill to do an Age of Sentry 3.2 run on Uncollected Difficulty. I landed Voodoo's sp2 without issues until I got the 2nd to last fight against Black Panther Civil War. Ironically BPCW blocked Vooodoo's sp2 while in his reflective state, which led to my 4/55 duped Voodoo losing half of his health.

The above details are likely caused by RNG, because that's how RNG works. Given the timing of this situation as well as the timing of this situation I experienced while exploring Act 5.4 I can see why people make claims that "the game is rigged". Kabam Wolf acknowledged this issue stating that he had passed it on to his co-workers, so hopefully this specific issue with Dr. Voodoo will be fixed by the next update.

Watch the 7:12-7:14 mark of the video below to see what I'm referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaOT4NaImZc
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

No. That's not how it works. People are not sharing the RNG.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

It is possible but extremely unlikely. There are many reasons why, but the biggest reason is that this isn't as easy as it sounds. Games like this run on a game engine, like say Unity. The actual game is implemented as data within the engine. Game designers make the data that goes into the engine and becomes the game. Programmers enhance and modify the engine below. It is unlikely you could do what you're describing within the game framework. You'd have to do that or at least add the capability within the underlying engine. And you're more likely to break it than add that kind of functionality. And we know Kabam used outsiders - "vendors" - when they were having engine issues when they did the conversion back around 12.0-13.0. So that means you'd have to involve people outside the company to do this. That would be hard to keep secret, because it is so unusual.

And the truth is, I believe most game developers would consider this to be exceptionally wrong. Even if Kabam could get their developers to do it, I doubt they could keep all of them from talking about it eventually.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    In reference to the thread title, 7% (of 100) is indeed greater than 70% (of a 10% chance of something triggering at a 3% clip every fourth hit sometimes). Inherently if you rely on something happening that by design is meant to happen very infrequently, you're bound to be disappointed. Comparing your champs to the AI champs similarly will frustrate more often than not, but remember, you still take the loss even if it's a draw, and just like in Vegas, the house ALWAYS wins. By all means complain when your video poker machine freezes up, but if you start complaining about never drawing an inside straight, well, you're in for a long night.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Yeah never understood it. Spidey’s % to evade to soooo low & yet he evades like crazy & someone like BW with 70% Chance not to take damage from Thorns & will have no health left at the end of the fight
  • Yeah never understood it. Spidey’s % to evade to soooo low & yet he evades like crazy & someone like BW with 70% Chance not to take damage from Thorns & will have no health left at the end of the fight

Let’s talk about widows 3% chance to evade. I had her evade 4 times in a row on me recently.

More like 3% chance NOT to evade
    edited January 2018
    It's just a common fact. The AI will procure more the higher it goes. It's harder for us to procure against harder opponents. I don't know exactly why. My first thought was CR, but there is nothing specifically about CR that describes it. At least not to my memory. It's just my observations. In any event, procurement is better with Class Advantage, and takes longer with harder opponents. That's what I've noticed. The AI is, well, AI. It's meant to be a challenge.
    @GroundedWisdom, procure... you keep using that word. I do not think it means... what you think it means.

In this context, that's the appropriate use. Procure the Abilities. Generate could also apply.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    The abbreviation used from as long as I can recall was “proc”—short for “process,” as in “A buff or an ability has a 20% chance to proc.” I don’t think I’ve ever heard “procure,” which usually means to obtain or get. The procurement department in a business is generally one that buys supplies—things like pens, coffee, toilet paper, etc. Don’t think that’s what’s happening here, but if people prefer “procurement” to “process” then have at it.

Dr. Zola
    edited January 2018
    To get or to bring about through effort. The words I use are not the point of what I was saying, and they're not the topic of the discussion.
    @GroundedWisdom Feel free to use whatever language you like. I’m just offering a suggestion based on lingo that’s been around many of the chats and communities I’ve been in over the past 3+ years. If your term helps you make your point, then go for it.

Dr. Zola
    I use the word procure because procuring Abilities is what we do, and it makes sense to me. I'm simply pointing out that it's nitpicking. It's happened before, and it just throws the discussion off. I appreciate you trying to clarify. I just think the problem starts when my lingo gets trolled, and it's kind of arbitrary. Not really directed at you or anyone specific. There was a larger point I had that was overlooked. All the best.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Yeah, it's proc. It is its own word,

We've been using this term since the original MUDs, predecessors to MMOs and, ultimately, games like this.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    If a champion have 20% to evade and you you do a 5 hit combo, than you have ~33% chance to not proc his evade anytime. So yeah, the chance is pretty high for Spiderman to evade.
    I use the word procure because procuring Abilities is what we do, and it makes sense to me. I'm simply pointing out that it's nitpicking. It's happened before, and it just throws the discussion off. I appreciate you trying to clarify. I just think the problem starts when my lingo gets trolled, and it's kind of arbitrary. Not really directed at you or anyone specific. There was a larger point I had that was overlooked. All the best.

Programmed Random OCcurrence is what proc stands for. You were wrong and there’s no harm in admitting that. It wasn’t nitpicking it was just a little joke that (I think) was a reference to princess bride, inconceivable.

Nobody was trying to “throw the discussion off”.

That’s it. Couldn’t recall the actual term but you got it.

Carry on...

Dr. Zola