**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hyperion's Heavy after sp3 [More Info Needed]

NitrocurseNitrocurse Posts: 15
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
This just happened to me in war today. I was fighting a Hyperion miniboss when he got to his 3rd special and once the animation/cutscene was finished he immediately used his heavy and he didn't even charge it. Had no time to evade or anything. I thought the immediate attacking after an sp3 was fixed.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Nitrocurse wrote: »
    This just happened to me in war today. I was fighting a Hyperion miniboss when he got to his 3rd special and once the animation/cutscene was finished he immediately used his heavy and he didn't even charge it. Had no time to evade or anything. I thought the immediate attacking after an sp3 was fixed.

Hyperion releasing a heavy after a sp3 is pretty common for me and I adjusted my gameplay
    Every time I eat a sp3 from him, I go back 2 times to keep a good distance so the heavy misses me
    I don't know if its a bug or not, but I'm able to get around it so Im good with it
    Don't attack or block against Hype after a sp3 and you good
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Nitrocurse. I just tested this for a good bit against the hardest possible Hyperion, and it didn't seem to happen for me. Would you be able to provide a video of this? Also, can you let me know what Champ you were using? Thanks!
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Nitrocurse wrote: »

This has happened to me as well. The only counters I've come up with for this is mash quick strike to get a hit in first or backup to evade the first heavy attack strike and quick strike before Hyperion lands his 2nd heavy attack strike, but they don't work every time.
  • Options
    NitrocurseNitrocurse Posts: 15
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Nitrocurse. I just tested this for a good bit against the hardest possible Hyperion, and it didn't seem to happen for me. Would you be able to provide a video of this? Also, can you let me know what Champ you were using? Thanks!

I was using Gwenpool at the time. After his sp3 animation, I was holding block and trying to swipe back at the same time. Got hit with his heavy before I could move. Unfortunately, I don't have a proper device or setup to record.
  • Options
    WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    Happens against mordo too.
  • Options
    WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    This happens every time. Every time and ppl have complained about it, I use Iceman in tier 1 wars for hyp and mordo and they are immediately on top of u. No recovery time. It's pure ****. They have to know this has been an issue
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Oh because Hyperion will always use a heavy after sp3?
    Do you play this game?
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    That said I've experienced something similar
    After I use a special against colossus and unstoppable colossus they always throw their own specials immediately after
    I tried doing that but when I keep tapping on the special bar it doesn't proc