**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dexterity Triggers as a Buff

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Anyone else frustrated that necessary dodging backwards is considered a "buff"?

Dexterity Triggers as a Buff 57 votes

Yes, dexterity should be considered passive, not a buff
82%
OmniBigPoppaCBONEJOHNOSA1995tutyimutyiTitan_A97BitterSteelJaffacakedTBJ1118PalanthraxHaji_SaabOGHeRRoCuteshelfWrongswordBosko888670JadedAlphaKratosGAM3RGUYxenu12deadcrimeIrakli 47 votes
No, I think dexterity is a buff
17%
Vdh2008Renegade_DoggyAdamdrt2006NguyenDauPrimmer79AthielWildpantsApacheCupidVulcanM 10 votes

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    There’s always one guy....
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    Ooooops after thinking I realised this poll is not valid. Dexterity gives next attack high crit chance which is definitely a buff lol
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Evading attacks using dexterity is not passive. You have to actually dash back. But this is not a buff either. The buff is what you get for successfully evading an attack: an useless bonus for your attack rating.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    Why shudnt it Count as buff ?
    U evade and attack and ergo also benefiet a increase crit dmg..
    All was good.. and all liked it.. untill MD came.

The true question is.. how MD shud Work against Dexterity or how dexterity shud Work on MD
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    I think a small tweak is all that is required. The easiest solution is just to remove the critical rate bonus for Mastery level one completely. Those who don't want buffs/MD will be happy. The bonus could optionally be increased to give a higher critical rate bonus so that granting extra power to your mystic opponents is actually worth it.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It should be considered a passive buff
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    IMHO, issue isnt that it counts as a buff

It's the way it interacts with MD. MD should only gain power when a buff is removed (IE, when the opponent attacks, expending his buff in doing so)

It's currently triggering on refreshes.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    It is not an issue with MD.

The problem is that kabam “forces you” to get a crit buff hit as you successfully dash back and evade and attack. This should be optional. However, they come as a combo. You can’t have the ability to dash back and evade attacked without activating a buff.

As a result anything that punish you for having buffs (spite, buffet, MD).

This is an old issueand I don’t see Kabam fixing this as it is a big way to force players to spend units or want specific champs. So, bring on your power control champs. This is what kabams wants and it ain’t going anywhere (even tho most of the community disagree)
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    tuposacp wrote: »
    Ooooops after thinking I realised this poll is not valid. Dexterity gives next attack high crit chance which is definitely a buff lol

By that logic, Aura Of Incineration should be a buff to shouldn’t it?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    tuposacp wrote: »

I would gladly have them remove that aspect of dexterity if I could just evade projectiles. That is the only reason dexterity is absolutely necessary. There are so many champs projectile specials and without dexterity you CANNOT dodge back and "evade" them. We shouldn't be punished for getting something necessary in the game.

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It shouldn’t count as expiring on refreshing it, but it should count when you hit someone with it.
    Eg I evade multiple times which means no MD is triggered, but when I hit the mystic opponent the crit expires and the opponent gains power due to Md
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    NguyenDau wrote: »
    Why shudnt it Count as buff ?
    U evade and attack and ergo also benefiet a increase crit dmg..
    All was good.. and all liked it.. untill MD came.

The true question is.. how MD shud Work against Dexterity or how dexterity shud Work on MD

I don't care about the increased crit chance. I just want to be able to evade projectiles without being punished for it. With all these nodes they have out now as others have mentioned you get punished for simply trying to evade a special. That is wrong in my opinion.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Don’t matter now. Kabam has given viable mystic war/MD counters with more to come.

New Luke cage shutting off MD will be fun.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    The complaints about Dexterity crit buff vs MD isn't the actual crit buff. It's the fact that the crit buff REFRESHES with each dodge that triggers Dexterity, even if the previous one wasn't used, which feeds MD each time you dodge.

Combine that with trying to bait specials in AW, and suddenly the defender is hitting you with a SP3.

The other complaint about Dexterity and the crit buff is when dealing with a Spite/Buffet/etc node. The buff is so small and not even guaranteed to make the next attack a crit, that almost everyone would rather not have any buff and just keep the dodge functionality when dealing with this.

That is why everyone that complains about the above wants to make the dodge part baseline, which it should be, and make the Mastery simply a buff, but increase its potency to offset the possible penalties