**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is the lag from hitting Help while in arena getting fixed?

Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
I brought this up before but I just got someone saying they were going to look into it. Is it getting fixed in update 17.1?

I need confirmation. If not Kabam as a game developer should try and fix all the lag across the game as a whole. It's been really bad as of late and not just in arena.

Comments

• Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Major issue, but all I have heard on it is just a bunch of complaints. Would like to know if Kabam is working on this as well since I've never seen them remark on any complaints about it.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    This should be absolute top priority for Kabam to fix, or are they hoping that it makes people spend more potions when they jump into Act5 right after arena just because allies happen to click help in wrong time? Because that would be extremely malicious
  • Options
    This should be absolute top priority for Kabam to fix, or are they hoping that it makes people spend more potions when they jump into Act5 right after arena just because allies happen to click help in wrong time? Because that would be extremely malicious

It would. I doubt that it's the intention but I wouldn't put it past them for all the other stuff they done. Also my friend just deleted the game not too long ago because of the connection issues and lag on his IPhone 6. It's just crazy.
  • Options
    Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    That would be the day
  • Options
    Can a mod comment on this please?
  • Options
    mespadamespada Posts: 59
    that lag is exactly why i usually just let my champs sit for the 2hrs. might request help when they've got like 10-15 mins left to cool down.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    That is why those that understand how packets of information work say that a "Help All" would be quicker overall than the individual Help we have to do now.

Every time you send a packet, there is a header section that is some length of data, and that is basically just overhead. Then there is the actual data.

If you send 10 identical packets, you have 10 headers with largely duplicate data, in addition to the unique data in each packet.

If all of that data was sent as a single contiguous packet, however, the total of the unique data would still be the same, sure, but your overhead would only be 1/10th the size, as it would require only a single header.

In simple math, if X was the Header, and Y was the Data, X+10Y < 10(X+Y), so a single larger, yet contiguous, send will always be more efficient than multiple smaller sends.

And the scenario about the server being flooded with these enormous help requests is a logical fallacy, because even if you burned through all of your champs, and waited to request "Help All" until you nothing left to... you would do it exactly once per 2 hour period. It isn't like you could keep hitting help and resending that request over and over and over.

Which is actually what you are doing right now when you have to hit help for every champ individually! You are creating packets and sending them out, requiring the server to do handshakes and authenticate each data packet as valid, etc.

The only way for the servers to conceivably be more stressed via a Help All versus how they are currently, is if EVERY player somehow managed to coordinate using all of their champs in arenas, and then everyone simultaneously hit the Help All button at the same time. In which case, sure, there would probably be quite a bit of lag for several moments.

But once it got through all of that? There would literally be no one that could send a help request for couple of hours. :p