**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unit offers?

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
Someone contacted me and said they can get me units at a much cheaper price with half off itunes cards. Has anyone done this? I"m assuming they are discounted because they were either gifts that they won't use or won from a raffle or something? I can get about $5000 worth for $1500 which seems like a great deal. That be like 156,565 units for $1500.

Comments

• Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Someone contacted me and said they can get me units at a much cheaper price with half off itunes cards. Has anyone done this? I"m assuming they are discounted because they were either gifts that they won't use or won from a raffle or something? I can get about $5000 worth for $1500 which seems like a great deal. That be like 156,565 units for $1500.

Is it worth the risk of getting banned if they are doing something shady that breaks Kabam TOS?
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Not sure, how you can get banned for spending itunes credit. You are still purchasing the 99 odin right. So Kabam gets their money. Im pretty sure apple may have an issue with it. Although around the holidays, I purchased 100 dollars worth of itunes cards from sam's club for 75$ which was awesome. So if you see a great deal on iTunes cards why would you pass it up?
  • Options
    420sam wrote: »

Is it worth the risk of getting banned if they are doing something shady that breaks Kabam TOS?

You can get banned for using itunes cards? I have many friends that use them and they don't get banned?
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    It sounds shady, as he may just take your money, you’re thinking this is too good to pass up, and he walks away with $1500.

If he does actually give you iTunes card #’s then there is nothing that will get you banned.

However, BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS. As in don’t do it, if they say let me log on to your iTunes, and they add it in. Because then there is something shady going on.
  • Options
    MattScott wrote: »
    It sounds shady, as he may just take your money, you’re thinking this is too good to pass up, and he walks away with $1500.

If he does actually give you iTunes card #’s then there is nothing that will get you banned.

However, BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS. As in don’t do it, if they say let me log on to your iTunes, and they add it in. Because then there is something shady going on.

I would buy using paypal account so it would be protected purchase, I don't think you are allowed to account share in this game. I think you get banned if you do.
  • Options
    I'm just trying to figure out if anyone else uses discount itunes cards as I've never used any mostly just direct purchases with CC. So not sure how it works.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I would buy using paypal account so it would be protected purchase, I don't think you are allowed to account share in this game. I think you get banned if you do.

It would BLOW YOUR MIND if you knew how much account sharing goes on. Especially in top tier alliances. I used to be in a top 10 alliance. And other top 10 alliances actually make members give login credentials to officers.
  • Options

It would BLOW YOUR MIND if you knew how much account sharing goes on. Especially in top tier alliances. I used to be in a top 10 alliance. And other top 10 alliances actually make members give login credentials to officers.

I don't respond to rumors, all I know is that if you account share it's against the TOS and you can be banned. Anyone can type that they account share but if there isn't any proof and it wasn't reported then it's just a rumor.
  • Options
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    They aren't actually using Itunes cards; they are charging the units to random phones that they've copied the sim cards for. All of these units are fraudulent charges for those phone owners.

But apparently all Kabam will do is suspend you for 1 week and let you keep the units so, hey why not?

I'm buying gift card codes from someone, I'm not sure how they can use a random phone for that. To be honest that doesn't make sense. Please keep this on topic on experiences buying discount itunes cards/codes.

Thanks
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 26
    Onde posso usufruir destes descontos? Poderiam passar o link, por favor? Me parece uma boa, pois já vi top players utilizando e não tendo nenhum problema!
  • Options

I'm buying gift card codes from someone, I'm not sure how they can use a random phone for that. To be honest that doesn't make sense. Please keep this on topic on experiences buying discount itunes cards/codes.

Thanks

It’s a complicated process. But they charge the iTunes card to a random spoofed SIM card. So the $5000 gets charged to whomevers sim’s were spoofed.

• Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited January 2018

You can get banned for using itunes cards? I have many friends that use them and they don't get banned?

No, you will not get banned for using discount iTunes gift cards. I have bought them around Christmas at Costco and used them.
    But what @KhanMedina is referring to is more likely correct. My guess is they are advertising discount units and telling you it is coming from iTunes gift cards they cannot use. The truth is they are committing fraud like what @KhanMedina is referring to and you will get banned for being a part of it.
  • Options

Thanks

It’s a complicated process. But they charge the iTunes card to a random spoofed SIM card. So the $5000 gets charged to whomevers sim’s were spoofed.

That's not what this topic is about though so I'm not sure how that is relevant to the conversation. I'm not asking people how I can steal money through other peoples phone. I'm talking about discounted itunes gift cards. I'm really confused by these responses.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    They aren't actually using Itunes cards; they are charging the units to random phones that they've copied the sim cards for. All of these units are fraudulent charges for those phone owners.

But apparently all Kabam will do is suspend you for 1 week and let you keep the units so, hey why not?

Thanks

Because it doesn't sound like you're buying gift cards. You said they could get you units with gift cards, not gift cards. There's a difference. If you can buy gift cards directly, then do that, and buy whatever you want (units or anything else). There would be no punishment on you other than the risk of the gift cards being fake.

If they are saying they will log into your account and buy units with gift cards, then I'm alerting you to the fact that it's a scam. Carry on if you don't find that information to be informative.
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★

I don't respond to rumors, all I know is that if you account share it's against the TOS and you can be banned. Anyone can type that they account share but if there isn't any proof and it wasn't reported then it's just a rumor.

There's a difference between rumors and facts one would prefer not recognizing as true
  • Options

Mods deleted your other thread. But they will never cut off the money coming in from the huge whales. We’re talking thousands a week.
  • Options
    Does MMXIV have a lot of free time to keep making different accounts to post on forums just so they can be closed soon?

Petty levels over 9000.
  • Options

No, you will not get banned for using discount iTunes gift cards. I have bought them around Christmas at Costco and used them.
    But what I am referring to is what @KhanMedina is referring too. My guess is they are advertising discount units and telling you it is coming from iTunes gift cards they cannot use. The truth is they are committing fraud like what @KhanMedina is referring to and you will get banned for being a part of it.

So if they send you the code to use to load to your account and it loads the $ amount I can get in trouble?
  • Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Gege wrote: »
    Onde posso usufruir destes descontos? Poderiam passar o link, por favor? Me parece uma boa, pois já vi top players utilizando e não tendo nenhum problema!

Don't go that route, I know its not fair, but we cant fuel this more than we have to!!!
  • Options

Mods deleted your other thread. But they will never cut off the money coming in from the huge whales. We’re talking thousands a week.

lol I figured they would but they should at least take away their prizes. If they're hooked on the game then they'll be back to spending after a week off having a hissy fit.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Even if you get banned, its only 7 days
  • Options

But what I am referring to is what @KhanMedina is referring too. My guess is they are advertising discount units and telling you it is coming from iTunes gift cards they cannot use. The truth is they are committing fraud like what @KhanMedina is referring to and you will get banned for being a part of it.

So if they send you the code to use to load to your account and it loads the $ amount I can get in trouble?

Possibly. Unless you actually see physical gift cards, or the emails receiving the gift cards, I would stay far far away.
  • Options

Thanks

Because it doesn't sound like you're buying gift cards. You said they could get you units with gift cards, not gift cards. There's a difference. If you can buy gift cards directly, then do that, and buy whatever you want (units or anything else). There would be no punishment on you other than the risk of the gift cards being fake.

If they are saying they will log into your account and buy units with gift cards, then I'm alerting you to the fact that it's a scam. Carry on if you don't find that information to be informative.

But no one is getting my account info or logging into my account. He is offering to send me the codes to upload to itunes or something like that.
  • Options

Possibly. Unless you actually see physical gift cards, or the emails receiving the gift cards, I would stay far far away.

There's websites that allow people to resell gift cards easily. If they are trying to sell you gift cards at a lower price than they would get from those sites, that should be a clear sign that they are doing something shady.

No stranger is your friend.
  • Options

Thanks

But no one is getting my account info or logging into my account. He is offering to send me the codes to upload to itunes or something like that.

Think of it like this. Someone steals a car, and then sells it to you at a discounted price. You didn’t do anything wrong, right? However, now you’re in possession of a stolen car. Does that make sense?

• Options
    Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    First, why spend $1500 on this game anyway...

Second, this is a shady deal...lots of folks getting banned for silly shiza like this...don't do it!

It would be best to walk away...
  • Options

Thanks

Think of it like this. Someone steals a car, and then sells it to you at a discounted price. You didn’t do anything wrong, right? However, now you’re in possession of a stolen car. Does that make sense?

Yeah but how do you think they could steal an itunes code?
  • Options

Thanks

Yeah but how do you think they could steal an itunes code?

Khan was already referring to one way. Requesting refunds on purchases from Apple is another way, and there are several other ways. It definitely can be done.
This discussion has been closed.