**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dormammu Geyser: Not So Old Faithful

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I continue to get skipped animation on Dormmamu's Sp1 where his "geyser" just doesn't erupt from the ground--which is problematic, because that's the cue to rush the bum and start a combo. And because a split second hesitation is usually an invitation to get swiped to death by the big jerk.

A couple of questions:

1) Is this erratic eruption intentionally done to throw off player timing? Or is it a bug?
2) If it is a bug and it doesn't work on my phone (7+ with full bars of high speed WIFI), then what phones does it work on? Do I need the 8+ or the 8++? Maybe the 9?
3) Any timetable on a fix if it is a confirmed bug (sorry if I have missed the confirmation)?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    This happens to me as well. I've never seen his floor animation in AQ. The back ground animations on the map you fight him are lagging everything. Then, adding his SP animations on top of that make it unplayable.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Thank you. I thought I was simply so distracted by his arm waving that I've been missing it. I rarely get to fight him because I play with a bunch of vultures. If it's just to throw off timing, then fine. If not, then it ought to get fixed.

DZ
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Him and dorm are both broke with this. Sometimes nothing happens
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    I meant voodoo as the other
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I think he meant Voodoo.

Not sure I've seen that, but I suspect it all results from the same "tail wagging the dog" issue: more emphasis placed on dense, pretty visuals than reliable coding, resulting in the phone just skipping past it all to avoid crashing the app.

DZ
  • djmindblazerdjmindblazer Posts: 76
    that's big problem with dormamu and + that he's way more faster than usually as a big champ he's way more faster than used to be and thats makes even more problems when whole fight is lagging (usinig galaxy s7 edge)
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    so when the second hit of dorm's sp1 does not come does it mean it deals 0 damage? Then kabam should fix it
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    This happens all the time in AQ for me, but it isn’t distracting for me, because I see him raise his arms or whatever.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    It happens when you evade his special
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    He lifts his hands when he does the "geyser" move. So wait for that instead of the "geyser eruption" animation
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Happens all the time when I evade it. I want to hope that its like that to save processing power on the graphics
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    It happens to me as well at times, I just try to watch his hands instead as a signal to go in.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Holy-year-old-problem Batman!

My attack timing is based on his movements, never the geyser.