**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why people are not sharing - AW matching isn’t right and it’s unfair for many of us.

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
AW matching with another alliance is based on Majorly AW ratings, our alliance was close to 1700 AW rating and we were in tier 3 but we matched twice in a row with 10+ million alliance and we are 7 million alliance. We lost both wars and now we are in tier 4 and we lost another war in sequence and now our rating is 1500.

If I post this Complaining about AW matching, people will perceive that I am whining cause I lost in AW , which is true and it hurts when we lose , but why those alliance are not coming up and saying fighting with low Alliance rating isn’t a good fight, it’s not just me , the higher alliance rating alliances should also acknowledge this and should say and come upfront admitting that this isn’t a fair match up.

If we all come up and say this together and loud enough that this AW matching isn’t fair , I just hope kabam will listen before we get into the AW season.

Comments

• Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    There was a lot of shelling in AW previously. I strongly suspect that with the very recent reward changes in AW, shelling will be significantly less common. It will take a couple of weeks to sort out the tiers though.
  • Options
    SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    I see nothing wrong here. As i faced wars where we faced smaller/bigger alliance the skill factor in current point system is more crucial then rating. Your AW rating eventually will be placed where you deserve to be.

Would open a door otherwise to recruit low rating members and let them sit out wars and do 2 BG for wars? Or perhaps even everyone selling most of their champs to get a low rating as possible

Your structure is not a fix but will cause more problems.
  • Options
    VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    that prove filtering is work.
    nothing wrong with it
  • Options
    My point is match alliance based on AW rating and alliance rating, consider both things cause both are important and play a significant role in matching. A balance in between both will be a fair match up.
  • Options
    AW rating 1500 , alliance rating 7 million, why it’s so hard to find a match , if it’s hard then it proves that the point system of AW isn’t correct cause I don’t see any difficulty matching up with an alliance who can have AW rating 1450-1550 and alliance rating 6.5 to 7.5 million.

My only concern is when the AW season is in play ... these match up will play a strong role and losing just because of this is unfair.
  • Options
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    a new **** from kabam now.
    we are 2.5 million and kabam matched us against an ally with 7.5 millon.
    Their members' level is 90% level 60 8% level 58 and 2% level 42.

how is that possible kabam?

And the people from 7.5 million alliance will never say a word in this forum cause they got an easy win , and my intend of this post is to come up together and bring this point for discussion that the matching system isn’t fair for all.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure it's also based on prestige now, if you have a low alliance rating but very high prestige you are likely to get matched with stronger alliances
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Cry me a river, i doubt u d be complaining if it was ur ally who was matching vs weaker allys
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    My point is match alliance based on AW rating and alliance rating, consider both things cause both are important and play a significant role in matching. A balance in between both will be a fair match up.

that results in extremely long matchmaking ... with much higher chance of missing out on 3 wars over the course of a week.

kabam already tried it a month or so ago (incorporating what appeared to be both AW rating and alliance prestige), just didn't announce it. it went horribly for many (you can search the forums for the complaints if you'd like), with normal matchmaking times taking 2-3 hours, sometimes longer.

if you get high in AW war rating and face a stronger alliance, then your alliance isn't strong enough to keep winning. instead of complaining on the forums, focus on growing your account/getting better.
  • Options
    Voluntaris wrote: »

that results in extremely long matchmaking ... with much higher chance of missing out on 3 wars over the course of a week.

kabam already tried it a month or so ago (incorporating what appeared to be both AW rating and alliance prestige), just didn't announce it. it went horribly for many (you can search the forums for the complaints if you'd like), with normal matchmaking times taking 2-3 hours, sometimes longer.

if you get high in AW war rating and face a stronger alliance, then your alliance isn't strong enough to keep winning. instead of complaining on the forums, focus on growing your account/getting better.

First , if you use public forum and comment on any post , make your facts accurate and prove when needed.

Second kabam tried without announcing but they whispered in your ear..... that’s awesome

Third, if you have seen match making still takes minimum 1 hour to get matched.

I don’t see any relevance of your comment with this post.
  • Options
    Ok you’re here complaining about having the same war rating and matching up with a much higher ally rating. So if they matched u with the same ally rating and then a 2k war rating and u got your ass handed to u then u would be here complaining the war rating was so much higher. War rating exists for a reason. Some people sell their 2, 3, and some even their 4* which would make their ally rating lower. It goes both ways man. Take the loss and move on to the next one

Can you please read the post, think and then comment.... what is your point , match making will take long time to get matched with an equivalent alliance..... why , do you have answer for this “WHY”. Does anyone officially announced that long match making is caused by some “x” reason. Either you know how this match making works and can enlighten all of us in this forum so that we understand how this match making works or you just move on commenting other post and just leave this post.
  • Options
    Codornas wrote: »
    Cry me a river, i doubt u d be complaining if it was ur ally who was matching vs weaker allys

Please read the post, that’s what I am asking why those alliances are not coming up and saying we have matched with an low alliance rating alliance and that match isn’t fair.

If the alliance who were in low alliance rating post in the forum, people like you or others will perceive that it’s whining and crying about loss , but if an alliance who were higher in alliance rating comes up with the statement that they got matched with an low level alliance would makes a difference, that’s what we need.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Why do you think the overall alliance rating has anything to do with it? War rating is about how well your ally has done historically (win/loss), but the Alliance Rating is just a measure of how much gold/iso each player has invested in ranking up their WHOLE roster.

We have players in my ally who have a 400k+ rating, and others who are only 250k who have bigger champs. I am at 350k and there are guys who are only 100k who can run circles around me because they sell everything they don't need. All of the guys in my ally with 6* champs actually have lower ratings than me because I've maxed out most of my 1-3* champs.

Overall rating is merely a guide and has no place in AW matchmaking.

Now if you were to say it's based on prestige of each player's top 5-10 champs, then it's a different story...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    You would never make it to tier 3 or 4 if kabam went off war rating and alliance rating. We are in tier 4 and dont face ally's less than 10 mil. Kabam would then have to make separate brackets for ranged alliance ratings to keep it the way you suggested. Matchmaking would take hours and thats bad for everyone. The higher AW rating the harder competition you face. Thats the point of getting better.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Ok you’re here complaining about having the same war rating and matching up with a much higher ally rating. So if they matched u with the same ally rating and then a 2k war rating and u got your ass handed to u then u would be here complaining the war rating was so much higher. War rating exists for a reason. Some people sell their 2, 3, and some even their 4* which would make their ally rating lower. It goes both ways man. Take the loss and move on to the next one

Can you please read the post, think and then comment.... what is your point , match making will take long time to get matched with an equivalent alliance..... why , do you have answer for this “WHY”. Does anyone officially announced that long match making is caused by some “x” reason. Either you know how this match making works and can enlighten all of us in this forum so that we understand how this match making works or you just move on commenting other post and just leave this post.

Yes I did but all u did was complain it’s not fair instead of giving any ideas what would be fair. My point is someone will complain about any format there is.
  • Options

Yes I did but all u did was complain it’s not fair instead of giving any ideas what would be fair. My point is someone will complain about any format there is.

Lol... seriously, it’s that hard to understand,” instead of giving ideas “.... I can bet if I have mentioned any idea , you have commented how stupid this idea was .... some people don’t understand the meaning of discussion and just jumped over to the conclusion.

No point arguing with you on this topic ....
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    It’s not an argument. It’s a fact. What would be fair? We’ve all had bad matches. Nothing will be 100% fair
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Codornas wrote: »

Please read the post, that’s what I am asking why those alliances are not coming up and saying we have matched with an low alliance rating alliance and that match isn’t fair.

If the alliance who were in low alliance rating post in the forum, people like you or others will perceive that it’s whining and crying about loss , but if an alliance who were higher in alliance rating comes up with the statement that they got matched with an low level alliance would makes a difference, that’s what we need.

Nobody will do that my friend, all ppl care is to win
  • Options
    ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    AW matching with another alliance is based on Majorly AW ratings, our alliance was close to 1700 AW rating and we were in tier 3 but we matched twice in a row with 10+ million alliance and we are 7 million alliance. We lost both wars and now we are in tier 4 and we lost another war in sequence and now our rating is 1500.

If I post this Complaining about AW matching, people will perceive that I am whining cause I lost in AW , which is true and it hurts when we lose , but why those alliance are not coming up and saying fighting with low Alliance rating isn’t a good fight, it’s not just me , the higher alliance rating alliances should also acknowledge this and should say and come upfront admitting that this isn’t a fair match up.

If we all come up and say this together and loud enough that this AW matching isn’t fair , I just hope kabam will listen before we get into the AW season.

You are 7m and you are at 1700? You are too high up, thats why you are losing. Get a grip on reality
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Back when Wars first came out I was in a 2 mil alliance in Tier 1, why? Because it used our alliance rating when finding matches, 90% of Wars we had no defence to beat because our opponents didn’t place one, now is it fair that we scrubs with our 4 3*s were earning the same rewards as the strongest alliances that were also tier 1, with no chance of being matched against them because the ratings were so far apart? No it wasn’t.

If you’re at a high war rating and being matched against stronger alliances it means you’re playing above your rating, so rather than complaining about it, think of it in a positive manner, accept that losses happen.
  • Options
    ctp1223 wrote: »

You are 7m and you are at 1700? You are too high up, thats why you are losing. Get a grip on reality

Why are you upset, did I ever mentioned about how good my rating is , I am amazed how people can react when they read stuff. Our alliance started with Zero rating so what ever we have achieved... it’s based on the system that we all are in , if this system calculate this way and by your methods and means we should loose cause we are too high in rating then I can’t do anything in this .... this is how it is .... that’s why we started this discussion about matching and how system works.

What kind of reality are you referring here .... what is your point.
  • Options

Back when Wars first came out I was in a 2 mil alliance in Tier 1, why? Because it used our alliance rating when finding matches, 90% of Wars we had no defence to beat because our opponents didn’t place one, now is it fair that we scrubs with our 4 3*s were earning the same rewards as the strongest alliances that were also tier 1, with no chance of being matched against them because the ratings were so far apart? No it wasn’t.

If you’re at a high war rating and being matched against stronger alliances it means you’re playing above your rating, so rather than complaining about it, think of it in a positive manner, accept that losses happen.

My friend that’s what I am talking about, we achieved this rating from zero , so if what you are saying is true then the calculation behind this AW rating is wrong .... so how come we can say the AW matching is fair.... I don’t know if you get my point but the discussion is only based on this not that we lost and now we are crying out loud.

• Options
    9cwzyg6ohl4l.jpeg
    65wgrd38ql15.jpeg

We matched with the AW rating, everything else is beyond our reach , I don’t know what calculation system does to find a match but this is not a match , they all have 4/55 5* champs , and they can easily beat our defense and we have to struggle.... even if we manage to explore 100% , we can’t win , diversity and attack bonus will beat us ....
  • Options
    The alliance is older then us , we created in 2017 and they are from 2016 , so I don’t know how they managed to be in this rating, but since we started from zero , and we have achieved this score in a year , I don’t know what went wrong in this process. If I try to lower my AW rating , I have to lose 4-5 wars and I am not sure what tier I will be in then , but this does not guarantee that I will have a match up with a low alliance rating alliance. Something isn’t right here .....