**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I think only those that are uncollected should have access to this arena. That way we can get better milestones.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    This is the ultimate deterrent for mid level grinders, only elite grinders will be able to achieve this level of grind power.

If we think about it this way, this will dissuade a a lot of people from even competing in the arena. If that happens only the top tier players will go for it. 150 places if we are to rationalize iy, should be enough to reach, keep in mind the competition will be thin because more important that 5*, it will be to have 4*.

If the purpose to grind arena is to save units, it would be foolish to spend like one user mentioned 3 odins to achieve the milestones, if you want to be numero uno yes, but not for the rest.

The milestones unit payoff is poor, getting premiums at this point is borderline abusive lol, but hey. The main prize is that 5*.

Mid-level grinders can stick to the 4* featured arena and 4* basic arena like usual. No rewards are being reduced, this is an additional grind where very few players will get the top rewards - how it should be. If you are spending odins to just get all the milestones in the new 5* arena then you're not playing the game right.

I'm going for just milestones in this arena cause I want the 1-10% 2000 5* shard reward + 6* shards. I'm glad there's going to another decent source of 5* shards cause I can never get enough of those. This is the "more sources of 5* shards available" that everyone has been clamoring about.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Dissapointed with this. It should be at least top 400 for champ. Other rank rewards need an increase and the PHC is pretty much a joke. All milestones after 4 mil should be GMC for Uncollected or Ultimate crystal for those collected guys.
  • AshBobaF37TAshBobaF37T Posts: 4
    Here are my issues with this new arena.

1) The milestones seem really unappealing and lackluster. Most of the players who would attempt these arenas would be Uncollected so I think it's befitting that they get awarded GMC shards in lieu of premium shards. 2* champs are way past outdated now.

2) The pool of 150 is way too small.

3) The summoners in the 1-10% bracket only receive 2000 5* shards which seems inadequate and isn't proportional to the effort put in by those to achieve high scores.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Notsileous wrote: »
    These rewards are garbage, they offer nothing for people who do not have the time to grind 30 million in an arena but likewise gain little from the 4* arenas.
    1 million points for 2% of a 5* and whopping 1 & 3/4 PHC? Gee you shouldent have. Oh wait maybe ill grind out 15 million or so and I can get 1% of a 6* yeeha!
    Enough with PHC, they are not useful rewards anymore, replace with GMC and we can talk. Make the arena uncollected, who cares? no one who is incapable of being uncollected is going to touch this arena to begin with.
    Better yet, replace the PHC with PHC shards and let uncollected people trade them for GMC shards at a ratio of 2:1. That way the noobs who are not touching the arena anyway will still be able to play it and the rest of us can actually get rewarded for our time.
    And more milestones.

People who are not Uncollected will be running it whether they Rank or not. That pool will alleviate the percentages and help others Rank. "Get In The Pool" isn't a cure-all, but it does alleviate pressure. The Arena will also help alleviate the 4* Arena because people will be competing in this Arena. You can't make it Uncollected only because you would be removing an entire outlet of progression from the general population. As for the PHC Shards, anything more would offset the incentive to Grind the other Arenas. There is a larger picture to look at.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Who is the planned first champ?
  • This is a step in the right direction, I just hope you guys have a system in place to detect any cheating or modding going. Was about 3 or 4 weeks ago in the SL basic arena there was clearly 3 or 4 cheaters that had top ten scores.
  • Mixalis wrote: »
    My gosh those milestone rewards are trash. Many players just grind the milestones with no hope/time to get the good rank rewards. Why do you guys put PHC's of all things as milestones in a 5* arena. There is no legitimate/logical reason to do that. how about putting some T1A's? You guys are really out of touch. These milestones are indefensible.

If your goal is just to get the Milestones for Units, etc., then I suggest a different Arena. This Arena is meant of those that are ready to compete for the top rewards.

You just said this arena is meant to compete for the top reward. Who do you think are the people competing, who can actually win the top rank? The top 1% players will get stronger and the rest of us will get phc. This is ridiculous.

If you think this Arena will be too difficult, you might just not be ready for it. This is why we have multiple Arenas that offer Champions of all different Rarities. You can snag a 3-Star Featured, 4-Star Basic, or 4-Star Featured Hero from other Arenas, and build your roster until you can compete in the 5-Star Featured Hero Arena.

Difficulty isn't the issue Miike, it's being able to pay £500 in odins for a champ through the arena.

No part of arena is difficult, it's the money needed to get decent rewards.

That is exactly the point of this Arena. Don't you agree?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    My gosh those milestone rewards are trash. Many players just grind the milestones with no hope/time to get the good rank rewards. Why do you guys put PHC's of all things as milestones in a 5* arena. There is no legitimate/logical reason to do that. how about putting some T1A's? You guys are really out of touch. These milestones are indefensible.

If your goal is just to get the Milestones for Units, etc., then I suggest a different Arena. This Arena is meant of those that are ready to compete for the top rewards.

You just said this arena is meant to compete for the top reward. Who do you think are the people competing, who can actually win the top rank? The top 1% players will get stronger and the rest of us will get phc. This is ridiculous.

If you think this Arena will be too difficult, you might just not be ready for it. This is why we have multiple Arenas that offer Champions of all different Rarities. You can snag a 3-Star Featured, 4-Star Basic, or 4-Star Featured Hero from other Arenas, and build your roster until you can compete in the 5-Star Featured Hero Arena.

Difficulty isn't the issue Miike, it's being able to pay £500 in odins for a champ through the arena.

How is that different from paying $500 worth of feature GMCs to get the feature 5* champion? Now this is a guarentee (almost) way to get the feature champion. You could either gamble with 50 GMCs with a chance of not pulling the new feature 5*, or spend $500 worth of odins + time to just about guarentee your 5* feature champion.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Mhykke wrote: »
    Who is the planned first champ?

To maximize the money, it will be Blade. lol
  • ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    The rewards might seem bad but I really like that they're keeping 5 stars in the 4 star featured. Not everyone is at the same stage in the game and this arena, though it's a long way off for me to grind in yet, will open up the 4 star featured for the more mid-tier players
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    Notsileous wrote: »
    These rewards are garbage, they offer nothing for people who do not have the time to grind 30 million in an arena but likewise gain little from the 4* arenas.
    1 million points for 2% of a 5* and whopping 1 & 3/4 PHC? Gee you shouldent have. Oh wait maybe ill grind out 15 million or so and I can get 1% of a 6* yeeha!
    Enough with PHC, they are not useful rewards anymore, replace with GMC and we can talk. Make the arena uncollected, who cares? no one who is incapable of being uncollected is going to touch this arena to begin with.
    Better yet, replace the PHC with PHC shards and let uncollected people trade them for GMC shards at a ratio of 2:1. That way the noobs who are not touching the arena anyway will still be able to play it and the rest of us can actually get rewarded for our time.
    And more milestones.

People who are not Uncollected will be running it whether they Rank or not. That pool will alleviate the percentages and help others Rank. "Get In The Pool" isn't a cure-all, but it does alleviate pressure. The Arena will also help alleviate the 4* Arena because people will be competing in this Arena. You can't make it Uncollected only because you would e removing an entire outlet of progression from the general population. As for the PHC Shards, anything more would offset the incentive to Grind the other Arenas. There is a larger picture to look at.

You should be a politician.

Not much for lying. Lol
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The 5* prize pool is so small that only guys sharing accounts will be able to compete and I haven’t seen any evidence that Kabam is serious about enforcing that. Basically you will need to refresh 6* champs for 72 straight hours to compete and that’s not a competition it’s just insanity.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    A new feature you could add to the arenas would be up to date leaderboard. That way we can track all the bot fighting for the these winners as they amazingly never sign off for 3 days straight and keep climbing.
  • @Kabam Miike Is there anyway you could talk to the game team about giving us a peak behind the curtain as to how they come up with these types of rewards? I think it would go a long way for the community in understanding the thought process. As it is they are just so out of whack with what your customer base needs that I believe it will anger people. Why PHS? Why no T1A? Why such trash?

Rank up materials are not the usual rewards for Hero Arenas, so Tier 1 Alphas are out of place here. And as we have already mentioned, this Arena is not one where the focus is the Milestones. This is where you will the most competitive will compete for a chance at the Top Prize a regular Arena has every given. A Featured 5-Star Champion.

What about the rank up gems then? There are rank up gems in other arenas. Why not offer 5* rank up gem crystals that offer a random class rank up gem that takes a 5* from rank 1 to 2?

The Rank Up Gem is available to the Top Player in the other Arenas. I don't think we can really use that as an argument as to why Rank Up Materials should be included in this new Arena.

@Kabam Miike Well I don’t mean to be rude but, the argument ‘Rank up gems are a valid reward in the new arena because they are available in current arenas’ is a perfectly reasonable argument. All you said was “rank up materials are not the usual rewards for hero arena” and yet we have 2 out of the 3 current hero arenas that regularly have rank up gems. Which are rank up materials.

If you want to say, ‘Rank up gems aren’t included because we decided not to’ fair enough. But I don’t think that kabam are in a position to say ‘you can’t use this as an argument because rank up gems are only available to top players in other arenas’. That simply isn’t a reason why rank up gems can’t be given as rank rewards to lower players.

‘Rank up gems can’t be given to lower players in the 5* arena because they are given to top players in the 4* arena’ doesn’t make sense. And the reason it doesn’t make sense is because 5* shards are given to the lower players in the 5* arena AND the top players in the 4* arena. Just look at the basic arena rewards.

That's fair, but what I was referring to is the fact that Rank Up Gems can't be used as an argument as to why Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts or other Rank Up Materials aren't included in this Arena.

Currently, the Team just didn't want to add those in to this arena, but I can ask them to take a look into this again for the future.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    All i can say is wow!!!!
    I see so many people were asking for 5* arenas....
    Now they are here, so many people complain about it....

5* is meant to not be for everyone.....
    4* arenas should become easier for people to get......
    Simple....
    All the whales will grind for their 5*....
    While they are doing that thet will no longer be pushing up scores in the other arenas
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    So what will happen when we inevitablely get a champ like Wolverine Doctor Strange Joe Fixit Electro etc as the featured champ. Is that how you will make them available as a 5*?
  • Will the new featured 5* arena run for 3 days as the normal arenas? Or will it be 7 days? Or maybe after the two 3 days featured 5* arena there will be another 5* arena that doesn’t have a featured 5*? Well that wouldn’t be a featured 5*... so it’ll be a two 7 days 5* arena?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Thank you, that's what i was trying to tell Mike.

I think by difficult mike means difficulty to rank highly. Which tbf is true. It will be extremely difficult and costly to rank highly in this for the average player.