**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Creation of New Arena Tier

MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
edited February 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I recently found that after two days of solid work, scoring just under 1,250,000, I still didn't win any catalysts, see: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/50214/catalyst-clash-class-required-points

I would suggest that this is because long term players and more powerful (and higher scoring) new champs, such as 6* champs are pushing up the required score. One site that I visited claimed that the 20-30% bracket should be hit at around 750,000, so the seriously long-term players are pushing the average such that those who just make the 'veteran' category after two months cannot win anything.

So I would suggest that just as new tiers are being created for very long-term players in other ways, those players are also taken out of the category that is currently 'veteran', and place in a still more advanced category to compete with one another, and allow the rest of us to climb the same ladder that they were once able to climb.

Thus, something like:
Beginner: less than one month.
Intermediate: between one and three months.
Advanced: between three and twelve months.
Veteran: more than twelve months.

Comments

• Options
    If bots are doing this, we'll need another solution, to be sure :-/
  • Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I like the idea, but I think there is a better way to determine tiers other then the amount of time that a player has been playing. Some players advance much faster in the same amount of time.

I think a better determining factor for tiers is a either players PI rating or their current level.

Example
    Beginner: level 1-10
    Intermediate: level 11-30
    Advanced: level 31-50
    Veteran: level 51-60
  • Options
    Excellent, Jwallace25!
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Level based arena’s wouldn’t be fair. Simply ignoring story keeps your level low and will allow you to play in easy arena’s for a long time. However they could introduce some sort of arena xp. The more arena you do, the higher bracket you’re in.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    you're getting way outdated numbers. and 6* are not allowed in that arena