**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pure Skill update

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
Can we get a status update on Pure Skill Mastery, currently everyone who has unlocked to level 5 receives no benefit after level 3. A lot of people used money to unlock these levels and we still are waiting on an update since 12.0's release as to what will happen.

Comments

• TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Can we get a status update on Pure Skill Mastery, currently everyone who has unlocked to level 5 receives no benefit after level 3. A lot of people used money to unlock these levels and we still are waiting on an update since 12.0's release as to what will happen.

Miike posted about it yesterday.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/314262#Comment_314262
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

Miike posted about it yesterday.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/314262#Comment_314262

Thanks, didn't see this!
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    How about the detect class masteries that were made worthless with the current state of war ? Those cost us too, not as much, but still they were completely made useless now. Not trying to pull thread off topic, I just think it's relevant since mastery cores were used for both pure skill and detect class and both need reworking.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited February 2018
    I wonder if they even tested pure skill with pierce, since they both do the same thing, and with only so much armor to be ignored on a crit, and since everyone who has pure skill would likely have pierce, they hit the max armor that can be ignored even faster, so pure skill probably becomes useless even before rank 3. Glad to hear they are finally reworking it though. The more effective than before line still makes me giggle.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Pierce is another factor that complicates Pure Skill.

I seem to recall someone posting on here long ago (when Pure Skill and its effectiveness came into question post-12.0) a couple of videos that showed just how little the additional levels in Pure Skill added in terms of damage. If I recall correctly, those videos even suggested that at 1-3/5 the benefit was marginal (maybe @mutamatt...I can't remember).

Anyone got videos to share? I took my points in PS and Pierce long ago and don't plan on putting any in again until there's a solution. Those videos might be helpful to the game team so they can see what those who still have points in Pure Skill are experiencing in game in terms of damage, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    s38ttaoldjm9.png
    Not sure if they know the definition of effective so here it is. Definitely not more effective now.
This discussion has been closed.