**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Making 5* champs more prevalent

hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
Kabam obviously wants 5* champs to be more prevalent in the game. More and more are being added to the crystals, there are always offers to buy 5* shards, there's 5* shards in calendars, as rewards, more and more, etc.

But 5* champs will not be prevalent until they are more easily attainable and their rankups and awakenings more viable.

T4CC are still scarce (less so than before, but still very scarce) and 5* crystals are hella expensive. If Kabam wants people to have more 5* champs and use them, they should lower the price of the 5* crystals.

It never made sense that a PHC is 2000 shards, and so is a 4* champ, yet a 5* champ is 5x that and a feature is 7.5x that. I suggest lowering the cost of a 5* hero crystal to something more reasonable like 4-5k shards, and a feature crystal to 7.5k. Also, maybe do a 5* hero arena once a month.

T4CC need to be more readily available as well. 4* need T4CC at the last rank, and are still good at 4/40. Why would I take a 5* champ to rank 3 if they are unawakened, when I can take a 4* to rank 5 and awaken them, and easily pump 30-40 sig stones into them if I need to.

Kabam wants us to focus more and more on 5* champs, but I don't see a point of doing that if they are not giving us the tools to make them good.

Comments

• Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    You understand that you literally made statements regarding how kabam is releasing more and more shards, right?
    We're getting there.
    No, the crystals don't need reduced cost.
    No, we don't need even more shards.
    They're working on it.
    Kabam has enough to work on, without utterly flooding the game with 5*s.
    I personally have 55k shards saved right now.
    That's 5 basic crystals ready to go. Imagine if they just cut the cost in half.
    I now get 11 5*s. That doubles the amount of 5*s I have (with no dupes).
    It doesn't work.
    There's shards available. Go get them.
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Agreed my argument was they could reduce the cost for those crystals and it would do little more than allow us to add more since currently it takes a good while to build up the resources to upgrade them anyways. And consistent players who have been playing since 5* released and Act 4 "concluded" could still be sitting on T2 alphas because a few reasons
    A. Can't dupe a good 5*
    B. Still struggle to get T4cc
    C. struggle with managing variety of other resources i.e. Not enough basics, not enough T1 alphas
    D. Simply find better uses of resources still in 4*s
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Duping a 2* or 3* gives you 55 shards for the next level. Duping a 4* gives you 275 shards for the next level (5x as much). The 5* Crystal costs 5x the amount of the lower levels, which makes sense given that you receive 5x the shards when duping 4*. It lines up. I don't see them reducing the cost any time soon, but they have been increasing the amount of shards available to the players through events/calendars/arenas/etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Drizzits wrote: »
    You understand that you literally made statements regarding how kabam is releasing more and more shards, right?
    We're getting there.
    No, the crystals don't need reduced cost.
    No, we don't need even more shards.
    They're working on it.
    Kabam has enough to work on, without utterly flooding the game with 5*s.
    I personally have 55k shards saved right now.
    That's 5 basic crystals ready to go. Imagine if they just cut the cost in half.
    I now get 11 5*s. That doubles the amount of 5*s I have (with no dupes).
    It doesn't work.
    There's shards available. Go get them.

That's my point. They are releasing more and more shards. But we need ways to rank them up and awaken them. Also, even with the amount of shards they release, one crystal is still way too expensive compared to a 4*.
  • Options
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Duping a 2* or 3* gives you 55 shards for the next level. Duping a 4* gives you 275 shards for the next level (5x as much). The 5* Crystal costs 5x the amount of the lower levels, which makes sense given that you receive 5x the shards when duping 4*. It lines up. I don't see them reducing the cost any time soon, but they have been increasing the amount of shards available to the players through events/calendars/arenas/etc.

But t4cc are still incredibly rare and hard to get, as well as 5* gems, sig stones and dupes. I don't want to rank up my 5* antman when I can rank up my 4* cap ww2 with the same t4c.
  • Options
    Correct me if wrong, but for a very long time 4* awakening gems were extremely rare with limited opportunities to get them. I kept my generic from Act 4 for months and months because I didn't want to waste it.

I have already had 2 5* awakening gems: one from LOL, one from something else (rift maybe?). And tons of Sig stones, which were also a fairly recent addition to the game. I don't see them increasing any of this for quite a while, too much availability will make them create 6* champs to drive the Desire up.
  • Options
    ChãolyChãoly Posts: 6
    I agree with your opinion, and if they dont want who save a lot of shards to take advantage of the reduced cost they can introduce new type of shards so all players start from 0 , ( same as new map 5 crystals with season 3 AQ )
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I was going to make a thread about this today. I feel your pain, man. I have a r4 5* SL, a sig 99 4* Voodoo, a sig 99 4* Rogue, a sig 99 4* Phoenix, and a sig 31 4* Quake. The only way I can get a meaningful boost to my prestige is if I can r4 another 5* champ. The current 5* champs I have are pretty low on prestige, but with the additions of Loki and Mordo, it seems like a good idea to go with the basic 10k crystal until I get one. But with the scarcity of 5* shards combined with the RNG system, it's anybody's guess when I'll draw a champ that will actually benefit me. Until then, I'm sort of drifting aimlessly with nothing to do.
  • Options
    spumington wrote: »
    I was going to make a thread about this today. I feel your pain, man. I have a r4 5* SL, a sig 99 4* Voodoo, a sig 99 4* Rogue, a sig 99 4* Phoenix, and a sig 31 4* Quake. The only way I can get a meaningful boost to my prestige is if I can r4 another 5* champ. The current 5* champs I have are pretty low on prestige, but with the additions of Loki and Mordo, it seems like a good idea to go with the basic 10k crystal until I get one. But with the scarcity of 5* shards combined with the RNG system, it's anybody's guess when I'll draw a champ that will actually benefit me. Until then, I'm sort of drifting aimlessly with nothing to do.

And to add salt to the wound, some people in my alliance recently took 4* champs to 5/50 and now those champs are available as 5* variants again since the old featured champs are being added back to the pool. We don't have a lot of t4c in my alliance and that feels like a huge waste of resources.
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    spumington wrote: »

And to add salt to the wound, some people in my alliance recently took 4* champs to 5/50 and now those champs are available as 5* variants again since the old featured champs are being added back to the pool. We don't have a lot of t4c in my alliance and that feels like a huge waste of resources.

I recently ranked up the champs I previously listed, but that was mostly recycling the catalysts from rank down tickets. Thankfully, I'm not in the position as your alliance mates. I've been hoarding my t4cc since 12.0 to save for a decent 5* champ.

Still waiting and hoarding...
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Since rank 5 4* champs are slowly becoming the norm and not a luxury anymore, I bring them to rank 5 strictly for the prestige or unattainable as a 5* while very good (Wolverine, AOU the Vision). Other resources are better spent on 5* champs IMO.
  • Options
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Since rank 5 4* champs are slowly becoming the norm and not a luxury anymore, I bring them to rank 5 strictly for the prestige or unattainable as a 5* while very good (Wolverine, AOU the Vision). Other resources are better spent on 5* champs IMO.

Well if I have 3 skill t4c that I got after a year of playing, and I have a 5* black panther or a 4* gwenpool, I would rather use the t4c on gwenpool.
  • Options
    Then use them on Gwenpool. Nobody says you have to rank champs you don't like. Unless you plan to rank Panther to 4/55, then many would argue gwenpool at 5/50 is better than Panther at 3/45.
  • Options
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Then use them on Gwenpool. Nobody says you have to rank champs you don't like. Unless you plan to rank Panther to 4/55, then many would argue gwenpool at 5/50 is better than Panther at 3/45.

I don't have either. It's an example. I'm just saying they want to focus on 5* champs, but there's not enough catalysts around to allow for that
  • Options
    I believe we are at different levels of the game, so I'm probably not the best to agree or disagree with you. I know at my level, class cats are not an issue for most and people sit on a lot of them with them expiring. Basics are also not much of an issue with the new system. The real bottleneck is T2 Alphas. Without those, it doesn't matter TOO much if you 5/50 or 3/45z