**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to beat Iceman in 5.3.6

This Iceman is under a silent node.
Silent nodes are nodes that do not appear in the description, in this case, Iceman can nullify dexterity. So it really doesn't do much if you evade his specials, he will catch you anyway. So the key to beat him is to use revives.
After a while you will run out of revives. Do not invest in potions as you only have a couple of seconds to fight and his second special will kill you anyway. If you run out of revives, go to the unit store and buy units. Rinse and repeat until it's finally over.

After this fight, there is an Ock Doc under a Lying node.
A Lying node is a node that specifies a buff, but is actually another debuff. in this case, Doc Ock says he has a Special 2 bias. But in reality is a Special 1 bias (he is not lying about the unblockable special 2 though). This Doc Ock shouldn't be that hard, just do not push him beyond his first bar of power or you will regret it.

Finally Green Goblin is the final boss, but he is ok.

End of sarcasm.

Comments

• Options
    AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Tbh I just used hulk and he destroyed him. His coldsnap just increased his damage output and he can nearly constantly stun him.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Tbh I just used hulk and he destroyed him. His coldsnap just increased his damage output and he can nearly constantly stun him.

Yeah, I thought he would be harder but Hulk took him down in one fight.

• Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    There is also a noob node. Affects all your fights. Can be removed by L2P

How did you overcome this Iceman in particular?
  • Options

Ok, I tried with my 4 star Hulk rank 5 and this worked. Only issue I found is sometimes the ice armor eats the stun so it doesn't work on every try. But still better than just dying on evading. Thanks!
  • Options

I used Hulk. 4* r5. Don’t get hit. Learn the timing of evading his specials.

Seems like you can avoid his specials as long as you have a science champion. I was able to do it with Hulk, but not with many others I tried (I do not have science 5 star champs, so this quest in particular was always going to be uphill).

But with buffed up 5 stars, evading the specials was death. Especially his SP2. Disclaimer: I have fought Iceman many many times, and I know how to evade him. It just doesn't work well with other classes.

For those reading this that haven't done this quest before, all champion classes but Science reduce their attack by 50% on this one, so in theory, one should go with science champions mostly. But it is still doable mixing classes. Not sure why this would affect dexterity... perhaps Hulk had something else going for him.
  • Options
    LittleYinYinLittleYinYin Posts: 69
    Stark spidey with full health . I use stark special for him only
  • Options
    machoyaxmachoyax Posts: 28

Seems like you can avoid his specials as long as you have a science champion. I was able to do it with Hulk, but not with many others I tried (I do not have science 5 star champs, so this quest in particular was always going to be uphill).

But with buffed up 5 stars, evading the specials was death. Especially his SP2. Disclaimer: I have fought Iceman many many times, and I know how to evade him. It just doesn't work well with other classes.

For those reading this that haven't done this quest before, all champion classes but Science reduce their attack by 50% on this one, so in theory, one should go with science champions mostly. But it is still doable mixing classes. Not sure why this would affect dexterity... perhaps Hulk had something else going for him.

You can avoid his specials using any character. Doesn’t have to be science. Its only in your head.
  • Options
    machoyax wrote: »

You can avoid his specials using any character. Doesn’t have to be science. Its only in your head.

What you say is logical. And I also think that should be the case. However, I couldn't evade his specials at all unless I was using Hulk. Perhaps one or two level 1, with sparky (probably because he has auto-evade). But his level 2, that never in my life caught me, was unavoidable. In any case, I am not planning on playing this quest ever again in my life. Chapter 3 is over. :p
  • Options
    Coldsnap negates negates evasion. Any champ that can shrug off debuffs works decent against him. Armor break abilities to get rid of his ice armor are nice.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I one shot that ice man every time with captain marvel. There is no special node for evading