**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Turning off game when your loseing a fight

I know people in AW turn off the game when they are starting to lose a fight knowing they will just lose half their health. My question is will this ever be fixed? Or is this how it was intended to be. I unfortunately don’t do this or should I so I don’t give the other team the kills?

Comments

• Options
    EscoutsEscouts Posts: 428
    Just watched as my dr. Strange didn’t get a kill because the guy stoped the fight and took half the health then came back with a different champ to beat me.
  • Options
    EscoutsEscouts Posts: 428
    Now I see what you are talking about I did get kill. :#
  • Options
    SperaSpera Posts: 152
    It is considered a death ,just won't show right away ... exit war map and come back to see it shown
  • Options
    mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    No. It counts as a time out and time out counts as kill. I believe it’s fair. Quitting the game does cost half health but better than got knocked out. It can save items.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Wow...really? That sounds like an exploit to me! Even if you are at 1 percent and quit you only lose half your health if you quit? If that is the case it doesn't seem right...
  • Options
    mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Rap wrote: »
    Wow...really? That sounds like an exploit to me! Even if you are at 1 percent and quit you only lose half your health if you quit? If that is the case it doesn't seem right...

No if you quit the game you lose half of your starting health and all the damage you dealt won’t count. However you can pause the game and wait till the timer ends then you will lose half of your current health and the damage you dealt will be kept. Both of these count as a kill.
  • Options
    mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    I just throw my phone j/k😜
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★

How is it an exploit when kabam made it that way?
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

An exploit occurs when a player uses bugs/glitches/game mechanics in a way not intended by the developer to gain an advantage. What qualifies is debatable, however it is pretty much universally seen in the gaming community that disconnecting to avoid a loss is an exploit. We can all be reasonably assured that Kabam does not intend to let players save their champs in AQ/AW by disconnecting when things look bad.

My question is, if people using this exploit are reported, are they subject to discipline by Kabam. I suspect I witnessed someone use this glitch in our latest AW, and I'll report them so Kabam can investigate if they are subject to a ban. Can a mod clarify this?
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    You missed the point, it counts as a loss. The problem with any other action is they have to safeguard against genuine disconnections as well
  • Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Cujo999 wrote: »

An exploit occurs when a player uses bugs/glitches/game mechanics in a way not intended by the developer to gain an advantage. What qualifies is debatable, however it is pretty much universally seen in the gaming community that disconnecting to avoid a loss is an exploit. We can all be reasonably assured that Kabam does not intend to let players save their champs in AQ/AW by disconnecting when things look bad.

My question is, if people using this exploit are reported, are they subject to discipline by Kabam. I suspect I witnessed someone use this glitch in our latest AW, and I'll report them so Kabam can investigate if they are subject to a ban. Can a mod clarify this?

How can you report them? How do you know it was their device crashing or an app failure? Sure people exploit this but genuine crashes happen all the time. Literally daily for some players.
  • Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

But then there are instances when it isn't an exploit, such as when you get hit with an unexpected maintenance because the game went down while you were in the middle of an AQ fight and you end up losing 50% health. That's what happened to me the other night.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★

U must be relatively new cuz it used to be u force quit and restart the fight with full health if u messed up. Kabam got wind of this and that’s the penalty for doing it. I know what an exploit is. My question is this is how kabam wanted it so again how is this an exploit? This isn’t an exploit if this is what kabam intended to happen. What r u crying about? U still get the kill in war. All you want is kabams bank account to get bigger