**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suggestion for Electro rework

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Kabam has shown a willingness to upgrade champions; as well as simply buffing then via synergies. I'd like to cast a vote suggesting that Electro could do with significant changes. He's a glass cannon with zero utility, who should have his abilities updated to reflect major changes in the game since he joined. I admit that this is an argument that could be applied to a number of champions; but let's just go one at a time, shall we?

sbp4j5vb8iov.jpg

First off, his health is absurdly low; second only to Rocket (who at least has a physical explanation for this: Electro is a physically normal human, not a two-foot high cyborg raccoon). This was originally justified to balance his high critical rating/damage. Except both of those have been substantially reduced in efficacy by Diminishing Returns; and to a lesser extent by Challenger Rating, whilst his health has remained the same.

Electro's signature ability (not his actual 'Sig' ability; but the ability people actually associate with him) is to electrocute on contact. So if you're a more advanced player, good at not getting hit, it achieves nothing. If you block your opponents attacks, they take... less damage. If you bait out your opponent's Special attacks, you suffer reduced Critical rating from Electro's Sig. Essentially he does nothing to reward careful gameplay. There are also now so many skill champs with Ability Accuracy reduction, he causes far fewer problems than he used to anyway.

My thoughts for a possible (major) change:

Base stats rework:
- Health improved a little to be more on a par with Spiderman or Wolverine.
- Critical rating dropped to medium-low level
- Critical damage dropped to a more moderate level.

Static shock rework:
- When struck, Electro inflicts an electrical shock causing Energy damage equal to 25% of his attack.
- When he successfully blocks an attack, Electro inflicts Energy damage equal to 40% of his attack. This rises to 80% on a well-timed block.

Signature rework:
- Electro develops his abilities to further manipulate electrical fields in his vicinity. All Tech opponents, and Skill/Science champions classed as Metal suffer up to (at max Sig level) -60% Ability Accuracy and -30% Power Gain when fighting Electro.
- Electro does not suffer any damage from Static shock or from Shock debuffs, instead gaining power for their duration (equal to up to 1 bar over five seconds).

New passive effects:
- Electro has +500 base Energy resistance.
- Electro's heavy attack inflicts Energy damage rather than physical.
- Whenever Electro stuns an opponent, he also inflicts a shock debuff of equal duration, causing 25% of his Attack damage per second for the duration of the stun. This applies both to his Special attacks, and to effective use of the Parry mastery.
- Whenever Electro strikes with a critical hit, he has a 40% chance to inflict shock causing damage equal to 100% of his attack over four seconds.

Overpowered? Underwhelming? What do you think?

Ultimately if Electro looked a bit like this, would you use him?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Oh blast. Didn't notice the category defaulting to Bugs and Known Issues.

Hopefully one of the mods will notice soon...
  • Options
    ‘First off, his health is absurdly low; second only to Rocket (who at least has a physical explanation for this: Electro is a physically normal human, not a two-foot high cyborg raccoon).’
    Not that it makes too much of a difference, but I’d just like to point out that Rocket is an Anthropomorphic Raccoon with cybernetic implants.

Thanks for actually reading this! :)
  • Options
    cycyancycyan Posts: 77
    I love this idea,
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Whilst I agree that electro should be able to do some damage while blocking, it should be not as significant as 40%. Don't forget, electro will be attacking as well, if the blocking damage is too much, electro is gonna win practically every fight cause block + regular damage will almost always be more than the opponents normal damage. I'd say make the block damage 10-15%
  • Options
    Whilst I agree that electro should be able to do some damage while blocking, it should be not as significant as 40%. Don't forget, electro will be attacking as well, if the blocking damage is too much, electro is gonna win practically every fight cause block + regular damage will almost always be more than the opponents normal damage. I'd say make the block damage 10-15%

Fair enough. It would need a beta of some sort to get the numbers right. Just wanted to set the precedent that he gets to cause damage better if he blocks effectively; and also that Electro could cause shock like Black Panther causes bleed. I'm not wedded to actual numbers at all.

I wonder how long before this gets moved to Suggestions and Requests?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I wonder how long before this gets moved to Suggestions and Requests?

Quite a while, then...