**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to beat M.O.D.O.K. in 5.4.4.

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
I am about to finish 5.4.4. very soon (I did one path for completion only).

And I wanted to know, strategically, which champions are the best against him and why.

The information I was able to gather was:
Holy Trinity Blade can defeat him (I am assuming this is related to ability accuracy reduction).
Black Widow lvl 99 (I am assuming this is related to ability accuracy reduction).
Crossbones (same thing, I assume has to be duped, and perhaps use enhanced fury?)
Champions with heavy attacks that count as two or more hits (to remove force fields).

I also know people used Starlord on him. But there must be a synergy or a specific champion that is optimal to fight him (like Morningstar on Masochism paths, or Ronan on Power Reserve paths).

Tbh, I was considering to go with my 5* star 4/55 duped Archangel, as he is amazingly good.

Please advise!

Comments

• Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yes to archangel, he’s my favourite to use on modok, parry heavy as he cannot use autoblock on heavies and once he gets neurotoxins he can’t use them at all, just remember to back off and bait the l1s (or take the block damage as he is notorious for using the l1s at anytime (he actually seems to drift out of combos then fire his specials)
  • Options
    DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    DEFINITELY, bring 5* 4/55 AA duped! Best champ for MODOK imo. He won't block your heavies. So what I do is just parry + heavy, parry + heavy, and repeat. Watch that health DROP!
  • Options
    I find him hard to parry sometimes. Will try with AA again. I am pretty sure I used AA first time around, but wasn't using the parry+heavy combination. This should also trigger neurotoxins. I am guessing neurotoxins will reduce auto-block significantly then. Does it have to be 3 neurotoxins to disable it completely?
  • Options
    DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    I find him hard to parry sometimes. Will try with AA again. I am pretty sure I used AA first time around, but wasn't using the parry+heavy combination. This should also trigger neurotoxins. I am guessing neurotoxins will reduce auto-block significantly then. Does it have to be 3 neurotoxins to disable it completely?

Depends on his sig level. Usually around 3-4 neurotoxins. Yeah, you definitely gotta be good with Parry and keep landing those heavies. And yes, it will trigger neurotoxins, since when you take a blocked hit, you will inflict poison on Modok (needs to be bleeding). Sometimes I even purposely take blocked hits to stack poisons on the opponent to increase Neurotoxin chance to inflict. Just basically repeat parry + heavy and bait L1. That's what I do versus a stunnable Modok and it works nearly everytime.
  • Options
    Dingalo wrote: »

Depends on his sig level. Usually around 3-4 neurotoxins. Yeah, you definitely gotta be good with Parry and keep landing those heavies. And yes, it will trigger neurotoxins, since when you take a blocked hit, you will inflict poison on Modok (needs to be bleeding). Sometimes I even purposely take blocked hits to stack poisons on the opponent to increase Neurotoxin chance to inflict. Just basically repeat parry + heavy and bait L1. That's what I do versus a stunnable Modok and it works nearly everytime.

This one is 70ish sig level. (I have a maxed 4 star as well, but I already have this buffed 5 star). I am usually good with parry, but there are some champions in the game that completely ignore you parry or block in act 5, depending on the node. In any case, I think my issue is with MODOK as I remember not being able to parry him in other quests. He was probably auto-blocking me instead.
  • Options
    Or wait for the march update and bring a true strike character. With the update, true strike ignores auto block. Gotta bring them Karnak bois!
  • Options
    Or wait for the march update and bring a true strike character. With the update, true strike ignores auto block. Gotta bring them Karnak bois!

Problem is they haven't specified this was being included in March, and the leaked information says it's for Cable and Killmonger.

I would like to use Karnak as I already have a 5* Medusa (unduped) at 4/55. But his damage output is not very impressive. His true Strike is also shorter than Neurotoxins.
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★

Problem is they haven't specified this was being included in March, and the leaked information says it's for Cable and Killmonger.

I would like to use Karnak as I already have a 5* Medusa (unduped) at 4/55. But his damage output is not very impressive. His true Strike is also shorter than Neurotoxins.

Karnaks true strike will last longer with medusa synergy. You're fine with archangel though, there shouldn't be an issue with modok. Archangel and maybe black widow as the backup should be enough for modok. Three other champs for different lanes.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    AA or Iceman or Blade or Spark
  • Options
    Why Iceman? Because of the damage?
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    I use modok
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Quake and maybe Luke Cage could work
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    AA duped @4/55 would absolutely destroy him, especially because you should/will be using heavies.