**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to handle immunity paths (5.4.5)

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
In 5.4.5 there is a path where all champs are immune to debuffs (og spidey, ultron, hyperion, nightcrawler, thor ragnarok and other unpleaseant surprises). It seems to me like most of these champs are evaders or have crazy power gains. And the best solution is on champs that have more buffs on themselves (to balance the fight in my favor).

My first thought was about true strike champs (Karnak, Cable and Killmonger), as True Strike is a buff on the attacker. I tried to test it on the first champ (Spidey), and it seemed to be working, but that spidey looks at you funny and you drop dead. And even with that, I have to be able to survive Hyperion (cannot use power drainers as those are considered debuffs). Or is it some champion out there that steals or blocks power as a buff? Not sure if Voodoo counts as a buff or a debuff for that.

In any case, the only other choice I can think of that does a lot of damage without relying on debuffs is Starlord.

What champions do you usually use against full immune champs?
How do you handle power gainers that are immune to everything?
How can you reduce evades without debuffs? (Black Widow? Karnak?)

Please advise. I know some people will just consider that these fights are possible with any champions as long as you have skills. But imagine that this is for someone less skilled than you. And I am mostly curious for those little tricks, about buffs replacing debuffs.

Comments

• Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Evaders Spidey- champs CB and BW duped are the best solution
    NC- get him in swashbuckling mode and he's cake
    Hyperion- SW, DS or other champs that nullfy. However, letting a debuff immune hyperion just gain power and coax specials is really easy. If you can do that use SL and go to town.
    Thor Ragnorak- Coax his specials as much as possible and save yours for when he hits 20
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Hyperion- SW, DS or other champs that nullfy. However, letting a debuff immune hyperion just gain power and coax specials is really easy. If you can do that use SL and go to town.
    Thor Ragnorak- Coax his specials as much as possible and save yours for when he hits 20

This Hyperion is immune to nullifies. Letting him do his specials is usually my method of dealing with him :p
    But you know how sometimes he doesn't want to share his specials until it's too late.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

This Hyperion is immune to nullifies. Letting him do his specials is usually my method of dealing with him :p
    But you know how sometimes he doesn't want to share his specials until it's too late.

Nullify isn’t a debuff

Nullify isn’t a debuff

:o really?
    Never saw them working on immune champs.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★

Nullify isn’t a debuff

Weird. I would have thought: Opponent has buff (power gain), nullify removes that buff, essentially "debuff"ing them.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    For Hype, you can also use champs like an awakened Gwenpool who can eat specials. Let him build to his SP3 and it doesn't matter. She still hits hard enough that she doesn't rely on bleeds. Iceman's Ice Armor works too.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    They need to fix power burns and drains to work on immune champs. Vision can steal power, but Hawkeye can't drain it? Makes no sense. As long as you aren't placing a debuff on them, it should work.
    If nullify is allowed, then Magik and Scarlet Witch are options. Even more so with a crit team.