**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alternative to RDT

While reading a rank down ticket thread I had an idea... What if there was a set time limit that once you ranked a champ up you could then rank them back foe if they isn't perform to par? I know I have ranked champs up with the expectation they would be great and they kinda washed and where not as useful as I had hoped..

Maybe like 1 to 5 hours to make sure they where who you wanted to rank, and each champ could have a limit of one rank down per rank as long as you did it with in x time of ranking them up...

It would certainly help with the "Who should I rank" question that we see every day in the forum

Comments

• T9951T9951 Posts: 103
    If they give rankdown tickets they should be in the loyalty store for 1.5 mil loyalty
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Doesn't seem bad but people will abuse the RDT and get more points in SA.
    Yeah that one works too lol.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    It would not be an item in you inventory. it would be tied to each individual champ and would only last x amount of time after ranking... and you could only do it once per champ
    It would still be abused soo many times. lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    If a Champ isn't performing as you thought it would, it would probably be best to try them before you Rank them. There's also lots of information available on Champs when they're released, sometimes before. Due diligence.
    edited February 2018
    And yeah ideally every one pulls a god tier... just doesn't happen that way and not looking to rectify a mistake trying to add comparability while making a rank decision. This could apply to making a decision between two rank worthy champs blade vs starky for example
    Spending your Resources wisely is a part of being an efficient Player.
    Right hince comparability.. I know it's hard for me to tell how a 5* will feel once r3 if I am playing them at r2 vs ROL ws
    ROL is not the only place to test a Champ, and they perform the same at R2 as they do at R3. Difference being the strength.
    K maybe but was a bad idea lol... but I would think seeing how stats changed between r2 and r3 would be good. This could include modified pi as well as attack and health numbers, and even the in description stats that increase as you rank a champ. Yes damage output would be a good comparison tool as well
    I wouldn't call it a bad idea. I just think Ranking is not necessarily for testing. I think it's important to do research and make informed decisions.
    I agree with that! But there is a lot of gray area where you just don't know which the better option is.. and a lot of the data is just opinions.. which make it hard to sift through too
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    OP, not a good idea.

If that's the case I would just rank an R5 before the start of AQ, then rank it down.

Then rank up a champ to handle a path in AW, then rank the champ down after using him/her. Rinse wash repeat.

The system would be too easy to abuse.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    T9951 wrote: »
    If they give rankdown tickets they should be in the loyalty store for 1.5 mil loyalty

Not sure if you’re serious or joking, but the max loyalty we can have is 15k
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    How about a test server?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    A practice arena that allows you to play an owned champ at max rating would essentially do the same thing without the ability to exploit their use and then rank down. A max rating buff basically that can be turned on only in this practice arena. No rewards.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Max glory we can have is 15k
    To my knowledge no cap on loyalty
    Yeah a practice server is not a bad idea either!
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Patchie93 wrote: »

You’re right. I read glory, even though it clearly said loyalty (and I even wrote it...) shouldn’t typ before my morning coffee.
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Not sure if you are serious are joking ? But UC is 800k in the loyalty store.

Sure 1.5 mil is a lofty price, but that’s what it should be take to rank anyone down if they ever brought them back( which I don’t think they should)

Patchie93 wrote: »

You’re right. I read glory, even though it clearly said loyalty (and I even wrote it...) shouldn’t typ before my morning coffee.

Lol it’s all good !!! But they could buy loyalty with glory and that way we both win :)