**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

END of an ERA?

NuHuman_2099NuHuman_2099 Posts: 543
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
For quite some time now Power Control champions like Dormamu and Magik (among others like SW, Vision, GG etc.) have reigned supreme in Alliance Wars.
With the Sentinel now in and will have an increase in durability and resistance to power play effects such as Power Steal, Power Drain and Enervate/Power Lock, will this be the end of the Era of Dormamu and Magik bosses?

Note:
Obviously players will still run Dormamu and Magik just as there are still Nightcrawlers and Ultrons and Spider-Mans even though they have vast weaknesses now, but after thier weaknesses came in they all withered out.

Comments

• Options
    Hope people start placing sentinel as boss. Sl interceptors will eat him up.

Biggest reason people have and always will place magik or dorm as boss is the unavoidable damage of limbo and degen and the obvious brokenness of mystic dispersion.

Personally seeing more and more modoks as boss recently, only consistently effective counter is blade, but everyone seems to have him now anyway.
  • Options
    The_Prankster16The_Prankster16 Posts: 84
    I was taking down dorms with rulk before he was buffed
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Sentinel’s node is all or nothing. He was made for it.
  • Options
    Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    This comes back to the argument of skill vs champions. If you have better champs but are **** at fighting, should you be not be able to progress because of it? Same goes with having **** champs but amazing skill. How are you going to progress even if you try your hardest, but can’t succeed bc your champs hit like pillows.

Honestly you need to have both skill and good champions to be good.

On another note, I still **** on Sentinel every time with my Magik. Sorry.
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Synergy doesn’t work in aw though ... purely cosmetics...
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    This comes back to the argument of skill vs champions. If you have better champs but are **** at fighting, should you be not be able to progress because of it? Same goes with having **** champs but amazing skill. How are you going to progress even if you try your hardest, but can’t succeed bc your champs hit like pillows.

Honestly you need to have both skill and good champions to be good.

On another note, I still **** on Sentinel every time with my Magik. Sorry.

Also AW was the header here... Magik and Dormamu dont need to touch you at all. You can play that fight with 200 hits for 0 and still get stomped by thier passive damage.

Not if you have blade😜
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    It’s kabam just resetting the game. Now u need to spend in other areas
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    For quite some time now Power Control champions like Dormamu and Magik (among others like SW, Vision, GG etc.) have reigned supreme in Alliance Wars.
    With the Sentinel now in and will have an increase in durability and resistance to power play effects such as Power Steal, Power Drain and Enervate/Power Lock, will this be the end of the Era of Dormamu and Magik bosses?

Note:
    Obviously players will still run Dormamu and Magik just as there are still Nightcrawlers and Ultrons and Spider-Mans even though they have vast weaknesses now, but after thier weaknesses came in they all withered out.

Magik mostly sucks on AW defense these days, better for offense.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Hope people start placing sentinel as boss. Sl interceptors will eat him up.

Biggest reason people have and always will place magik or dorm as boss is the unavoidable damage of limbo and degen and the obvious brokenness of mystic dispersion.

Personally seeing more and more modoks as boss recently, only consistently effective counter is blade, but everyone seems to have him now anyway.

MODOK is easy peasy if you know how to fight him correctly. 4/55 Star Lord does the trick
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    If you know how to fight sentinel properly with a magik it’s a very easy fight. He won’t build up much residence to power effects if you fight him a certain way. I soloed all the sentinels in uncollected with magik whole takinf very minimal damage. I didn’t see the second half of your post lol. Magiks are terrible boss anyway and blade makes dormamu an easy boss fight not sentinel. Wont see too many of any solos with sentinel on a 4/55 dorm.
  • Options
    DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Kabam should remove selling of 4* champs too. Selling champs does not help you progress in the game. You get more shards from dupping a champ
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DrVD99 wrote: »
    Kabam should remove selling of 4* champs too. Selling champs does not help you progress in the game. You get more shards from dupping a champ

No, they shouldn't. People should have the right to sell their champs if they want to. Also, you will get more 5* shards from ranking a useless 4* to 3/30 and selling them than you will from a dupe until you dupe them all the way to max signature. If you sold that champ each time you pulled them it would take a long time for you to be losing shards. I have lots of max sig 4*s I'd never sell but I have no problem selling the occasional 4* if I feel like it. 275 5* shards from duping a 4*. 425 shards from selling a 3/30 4*. It would take a lot of max sig dupes before you had more 5* shards from duping than you would if you sold the same champ at 3/30 every time.