**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game is banned in UAE (gulf) after the update? [Under Investigation]

RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Since the update i am not able to login "problem connecting" , and if i do get logged in sometime i get timeout after sometime, i tried different phones and wireless but same result, even i talked to some players who have same issue,
so is it banned now in gulf? only option is to do vpn?
if its a bug please fix kabam
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    Same here, game only works in WiFi. I live in Dubai and the only way to play when not in WiFi is use VPN.
  • RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
    Just a quick info, whenever i tried to Switch Timezone (Region) in iphone i can login to the game for one session .
    sometime this session got timeout "Problem connecting" but sometimes it continue working untill i close the app.

If i try to connect again i will get same error "Problem connecting"
    I use to restart the phone and swap timezone and region setting and try to connect again.

May be this information can help developer to understand the issue.
    Please fix this as its making my game progress very slow
    cant do arena/quests......
  • RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
    On Android its just a luck if i get connection or not and no work around possible.
  • ShaGaGyShaGaGy Posts: 73
    Yes same here buddy @Kabam Miike im in UAE and its been like that for a week
    I contacted the support and they said i should restart everything and try to reinstall the game and i did that but nothing got fixed

Please man try to find a fix for it
    @Kabam Miike @RoonKhan @Sugoi_Dubai

Guys go to settings
    Logout from game center
    And go into game and sign in with a kabam account
    And dont sign in with game center

Of course this is not a solution but this what works for iPhones
    I just figured it out and i hope it can help you guys
    Also @Kabam Miike maybe you will be able to know the problem now because as soon as i logged out of Game Center the game worked beautifully!!

Please look into it and hopefully u find a fix
  • Hi there, could those of you experiencing this issue be able to tell me if you normally have to use VPN to play the game? If you don't usually us VPN and are usually able to connect using just mobile data, could you tell me what carrier you are currently using, as well as if you are or are not able to connect using wifi? Getting answers to all of those questions could be helpful in our investigation.
    I can login the game when I am in WiFi. The problem is I can’t login when using cellular. But it works with cellular if I am using VPN app.

The carrier is etisalat.
    Hope this helps
    @Kabam Zibiit i never use VPN and the game used to run smoothly
    My ISP is Etisalat and i cant log in using cellular and i cant log in using wifi
    Kabam, any update?
  • Clinton2111Clinton2111 Posts: 130
    edited March 2018
    I am from Dubai and have experienced this as well. I have written to your customer care about this. My Carrier is Etisalat as well and have a lot of trouble connecting to the game ever since the last update
    @Kabam Zibiit I never had to use a VPN to play this. I had this issue in Feb as well but it was resolved once you guys released a patch after the whole T-Mobile fiasco. After the march update, it has come back. As some of the summoners above mentioned It takes ages to get past the loading screen and 9/10 times are greeted with the false connection issue. I usually have to switch to another app and then switch back to champions for it to connect but this doesn't always work and have to just wait it out at times. It the worse when this happens in AQ/AW. I keep having this issue both on Cellular and WiFi (Same provider btw).

iPhone 6 - iOS 11.2.6 (Etisalat mobile connection and WiFi provider)
  • Ch3l88Ch3l88 Posts: 2
    My colleague and I are facing the same issue, we are both currently based here in the UAE. We already stressed-out and seek the support the Kabam Team and they reply to my colleague that they will investigate and try to resolved the issue ASAP. But a week passed the same issue we still experiences. We don't want to be kicked in our alliance for not be able to contribute much in AW/AQ for this "connection problem" issue. So kindly try to looked and make an action for this "connection problem".

FYI - I am not using VPN ever since to play this game and my wifi provider is Etisalat.
    Kabam
    Please, its been few weeks now
    Pleaee we are losing lots kf rewards and alliance memebers are getting very upset from our performance

Do you want us to share our username and password with other people so they can move us in aq or aw ??

This is not fair guys please try to figure out a solution

And yes it happened when the T-mobile issue happened as well and it got resolved
    But now its back again
    Please find a fix

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Please do give us an update on this issue as it is very frustrating. @RichTheMan maybe you could consider this for the next mcoc news so that others who have this issue can come forward and encourage kabam to actually update us on this issue.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    So I had this issue when I first started playing while living in Abu Dhabi around May 2015. When I would have these issues, I'd use a VPN and have it work fine. Just make sure that you choose a fast connection if doing so to avoid drops.
  • Fahad_sFahad_s Posts: 14
    Ooo same issue here still and it is really annyoying and frustrating when it happens in a war and goes to extreme when the whole team is waiting for you to clear a miniboss and all u see is "issue with connection"
  • Fahad_sFahad_s Posts: 14
    The issue is happening with me right Fiiing now while i type this msg. @kabam i would really like this to get resolved
    I would just like to point out saying that using a VPN, reinstalling the game, or even disconnecting from GameCenter is not a permanent solution. The game shouldn't be dependent on another piece of software to run the way it should and especially in the Middle East knowing about their fines and rules regarding VPN's. As we have mentioned above the game worked fine after the second patch last month but has come back with the same issue after this months patch and has gotten WORSE after the drop rate patch and I'm sure for most of us we are using the same device and service provider at least for the last month and nothing has changed other than the game being updated, so the issue lies somewhere in the game.

So we would really appreciate it if @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike would keep us updated and help rectify this issue as soon as possible
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    My friends from iran and Pakistan have same problem
  • Banner31Banner31 Posts: 8
    Its been very frustrating to play since the last two updates (Black Panther and Xmen Savage). Iv been having connection issues on both Wifi and Data. Is there any update going to be released to address this issue? This is my fourth post on the same issue

- Samsung S8+
    - Android 7.0
    - Etisalat (Service Provider) UAE
    - Several failed attempts to connect to the game using WiFi and cellular connection since last update
    - Have you have tried connecting through WiFi as opposed to a cellular connection or vice versa, and if so, what happens? Yes i have, ( Problems connecting to network. Please check you connection)

I have tried to reinstall the game thrice with no solution. Please advise @Kabam Miike
    @Banner31 I feel your pain bro, I took have made multiple posts but unfortunately, we are just kept in the dark by @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit. I little update would be good but guess we have to keep our fingers crossed for Aprils patch
  • Hey there everybody, we've got some next steps we can take in looking into this issue. Please feel free to check your inboxes for more information when you have the time.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    What is the fix? I have an alliance member that is in the same situation but doesn't check the forums.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I have an alliance member with similar problem. I thought he was using an excuse. Just now stumbled this thread and I feel sorry for him. Please fix this ASAP. players are suffering and so their teams.
    It seems to be working now, hope it continues to work
  • JawoJawo Posts: 1
    I’m still not able to login permanently in my game plz help @Kabam Zibiit
This discussion has been closed.