**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Change Blade's Class to Mystic

Hello. My suggestion is to change Blade's class to Mystic, as he is a vampire and vampires are magical beings - his strenght and reflexes come from that and not as result of physical training, making him Mystic champion, not a Skill one. It would add Blade some extra punch from being able to benefit from Mystic Dispersion mastery, which could be major benefit as we all are aware that Pure Skill mastery is broken and doesn't look like it's about to get fixed anytime soon, if ever. What are your thoughts on this idea?

Comments

• DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Well, it will sort of nerf holy trinity, because people will lose class advantage against spider-man's in war, running mystic+mystic+tech. I mean, that's not much, but at least holy trinity would have any flaw
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Hell yeah, I'd love for my Blade to have MD
    I meant og spiderman + miles morales, they are different champions
    Yeah falcon and green goblin might be arguably miss-interpreted class-wise as well, but why bother if it wouldn't do much justice to them anyway. Nobody cares about green goblin and falcon as far as I know.
    We should focus on playable characters like Blade which people already invested in.
    Making more characters playable is a very good idea but thats different topic, lets focus on discussing potential buff of Blade. Anyone else has thoughts on that subject?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Well, it will sort of nerf holy trinity, because people will lose class advantage against spider-man's in war, running mystic+mystic+tech. I mean, that's not much, but at least holy trinity would have any flaw

Right, you really think that people will stop attacking with Blade because the proposed change leaves him with a class disadvantage to science champs?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

Right, you really think that people will stop attacking with Blade because the proposed change leaves him with a class disadvantage to science champs?

With the op champs like sentry players need all the advantage they can get
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Nerf blade and watch the fanboys explode.
    edited March 2018
    No, people would still use this synergy because it would still be very good, but that's not the point. The point is it wouldn't be perfect anymore
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    No, people would still use this synergy because it would still be very good, but that's not the point. The point is it wouldn't be perfect anymore

Exactly, it is the synergy, not the fact that the three champs are different classes that make them work as an attack team. So, buffing up a champ and making him gather additional advantage with mystic dispersion, while cool will not fix the issues we currently see in war. Bad idea all around.
    edited March 2018
    Yes, undoubtly, but at least it would implement element of psychical discomfort of having to go mystic vs science. And perhaphs require 3-4 more swipes per fight. That's something!
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    no other mystic BAR SW can literally shred anyone who isn’t resistant/immune. Even Voodoo basically only has Gwenpool bleed as poison but triggers it all at once and can’t have both that AND his AAR!

Just let him be skill, shred annoying spiders much easier, and not nitpick every SINGLE class decision

Phoenix and Magik are both mutants
    Vision is powered by an infinity stone
    Goblin is goblin because of science
    MODOK needs his tech chair
    Karnak still has inhuman DNA
    Thor Rag is still Asgardian
    Falcon is nothing without his tech wings
    QUAKE IS AN INHUMAN!

Iron Fist is insanely skilled and his mystic arts extend only to his chi

Blank Panther has a magic herb and tech suit

Killmonger is also only a threat because of his suit

Jane Foster is mystic despite Thor(R) is skill and having the hammer makes him Cosmic

Angela is way more dependent on her skills than her Asgardian abilities

I could go on, and then we have the MYRIAD of tag mislabellings…
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yeah falcon and green goblin might be arguably miss-interpreted class-wise as well, but why bother if it wouldn't do much justice to them anyway. Nobody cares about green goblin and falcon as far as I know.
    We should focus on playable characters like Blade which people already invested in.
    Making more characters playable is a very good idea but thats different topic, lets focus on discussing potential buff of Blade. Anyone else has thoughts on that subject?

Blade don't need a buff instead buff gg or falcon
    edited March 2018
    Why you wanna buff for champions which nobody is playing, instead of Blade, which lot of people are playing already? Falcon and Green Goblin don't need a buff, they need complete rework to be playable
    Why you wanna buff for champions which nobody is playing, instead of Blade, which lot of people are playing already? Falcon and Green Goblin don't need a buff, they need complete rework to be playable

LUKE CAGE, HULK, RULK!

A new passive ability and a buffed sig
    More fury when health low and stuns
    Tweaked Scorch

Luke went from garbage to being able to compete with Angela (minus her precision)

Hulk went from meh to the best chain stunner bar Ronan and got a huge damage consistency boost

Rulk went from tricky and not worth it to a proper tank with just a little more damage and physical Resist and better matchup vs Mystics and incinerate Immunity (maybe good vs sentinel but useless mostly)
    Yeah good point with with rulk, hulk and and luke, but they were all sort of reworked not just buffed, that's a lot of work, basicaly like making new champion.

I'm suggesting something very simple, making Blade mystic is easy, simple change, that would make many people happy! I mean he is already perfect isn't he, it's not like buffing him would have any impact on current meta. But imagine how much more fun it would be to play him with mystic dispersion
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah good point with with rulk, hulk and and luke, but they were all sort of reworked not just buffed, that's a lot of work, basicaly like making new champion.

I'm suggesting something very simple, making Blade mystic is easy, simple change, that would make many people happy! I mean he is already perfect isn't he, it's not like buffing him would have any impact on current meta. But imagine how much more fun it would be to play him with mystic dispersion

Jfc delete your account, you have no idea what a meta is
    If you Buff Blade anymore than he already is he will be the cause of another v12 and I will be laughing when he is given the same treatment as Strange, Iron Fist and Thor while the other OP gods are merely adjusted slightly like with Widow and Witch

ACTUALLY let’s make him the next Strange

Can we get a Pre-12 Synergy nerf? See everyone is using this exact team so the Synergies have to go.
    Changed him to mystic? Hmm blade users rely FAR too much on MD that needs a nerf to almost nothing

Then we can cripple him and leave maxed blade users with useless r4 skill cats cause Gwenpool is already maxed out with Thor(R) and 4*s aren’t worth the investment at your level and you have to waste them on subpar 5*s just to not burn all those cats cause Blade was dropped to nothing
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Changing him to mystic would basically be buffing him due to MD. It would be a horrible idea, he’s OP enough as it is. And no I’m not on the “nerf blade” bandwagon.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Blade also needs to apply neurotoxin....oh, and he should prevent any kind of evade as long as he's wearing his sunglasses.

Not really… Only Luke got a new ability that wasn’t there before. Hulk got a slight buff that made him super viable, LC and RULK are suddenly from trash to
    5* Rulk? Pretty good pull
    5* Luke? HAHA almsot Angela good!

The only thing for Rulk was that his limit was increased and they didn’t disappear if it went over which both were hugely limiting factors. That’s no different than the bleed caps. Imagine x23 without the limited of Bleed cap.

They had relatively minor changes mostly and got a huge boost

YOU want to give Blade arguably the beat ability in the game. Bad enough half the Mystics like SW, Voodoo, Mephisto, Mordo, Dormammu and Hood have it… at least they can’t literally steamroll anything that isn’t bleed immune
    I know what meta is and current meta of mcoc is that blade is top tier war attacker, so buffing him any further won't affect meta in any way, coz he will still remain one of best options for war attack. It will just make people playing blade experience even better

I’m not saying nerf him but he’s scarily similar to Iron Fist and Strange pre-12 already and we all know what happened to them
    I know what meta is and current meta of mcoc is that blade is top tier war attacker, so buffing him any further won't affect meta in any way, coz he will still remain one of best options for war attack. It will just make people playing blade experience even better

Why? He is already the easiest champ to use. Unless… OMG ARE YOU SALTY BECAUSE YOU MESSED UP WITH BLADE AND WANT HIM BUFFED BECAUSE OF IT?!
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Kabam, give Blade infinite regen, or else I riot