**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A 1/5000 chance for a 5* Punisher, huh?

ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
50M chips just to meet the odds...

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Why did you see those odds?
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Why did you see those odds?

akit67xy5sgb.png
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    mj7oiv9wyy6t.png

Wasn't no 50m
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Welcome to the nasty kabam truth. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited March 2018
    I dont think that is really how it works though.

I've never looked at drop rates as applicable to each individual player, but the player base as a whole.

So a 1/5000 drop rate doesn't guarantee that if I open 5000 UC Arena Crystals at once that I'm going to get 5* Punisher.

But 1/5000 crystals opened by the player base will drop a 5* Punisher. Let's say that it's fixed so that every 5000th UCA Crystals being opened within the game drops Punisher. So if 6000 players world wide are collecting a UCA crystal at any given moment, you need to actually be that 5000th person to collect a UCA crystal and receive Punisher.

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    I dont think that is really how it works though.

I've never looked at drop rates as applicable to each individual player, but the player base as a whole.

So a 1/5000 drop rate doesn't guarantee that if I open 5000 UC Arena Crystals at once that I'm going to get 5* Punisher.

But 1/5000 crystals opened by the player base will drop a 5* Punisher. Let's say that it's fixed so that every 5000th UCA Crystals being opened within the game drops Punisher. So if 6000 players world wide are collecting a UCA crystal at any given moment, you need to actually be that 5000th person to collect a UCA crystal and receive Punisher.

That's not how odds work...

Everytime someone buys a crystal, a 5K sided die is rolled. The odds aren't cumulative.

It's 1 in 5K. Every. Single. Time.
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    K and he's still been landed by a bunch of people not seeing the concern..

He's rare
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Opening 5000 uncollected arena crystals would only give you about a 63% chance of getting 5* punisher at least once. 1-(.9998^5000).