**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dex evade mastery not working as intended

On numerous occasions now after successfully completing a dex evade and gaining the precision critical buff dex evade grants when properly performed, the next attack does not always hit for +950 critical rating as stated in the description. Actually it hits a normal “grey” number like 500 (persay)

This DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, but a fair amount of the time, enough for me to notice and with all the bugs in this game currently, I deserve at least my dex evade to work properly. After investing time and resources to maxing this out for it not to work is underhanded and a problem.

3q0jp81kf8bl.png

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    It just increases your chance to land a crit hit. It's not guaranteed
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    On numerous occasions now after successfully completing a dex evade and gaining the precision critical buff dex evade grants when properly performed, the next attack does not always hit for +950 critical rating as stated in the description. Actually it hits a normal “grey” number like 500 (persay)

This DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, but a fair amount of the time, enough for me to notice and with all the bugs in this game currently, I deserve at least my dex evade to work properly. After investing time and resources to maxing this out for it not to work is underhanded and a problem.

3q0jp81kf8bl.png

You're probably new, before 12.0 the description spoke of an increase chance of the next hit being critical. This current description needs to be updated.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    Couple things. First I would have to have more information because DR affects Crits as well. Also, you may be aware or not, but it doesn't literally mean an additional 950 Points. That's a flat-rate metric.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Couple things. First I would have to have more information because DR affects Crits as well. Also, you may be aware or not, but it doesn't literally mean an additional 950 Points. That's a flat-rate metric.

Right so wouldn’t it be even more than +950?

No, the crit rating is different than damage. That is why there are two different metrics. Crit rating can increase your damage.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    So it's +950 crit rating which = an increase in your chance to land a critical hit
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Did you factor in challenger rating?
    Okay... so I sat down and did the math. I stand corrected!

Turns out using my 4* Magik 5/50 with a Crit rating of 703 (26%) I was able to come up with a total number of “roughly around” 2700 (703 being 26% of “roughly” 2700)

703 + 75.0 (3/5 lesser precision mastery) + 425.0 (5/5 precision mastery) + 950.0 (dex evade Crit rating) = 2153

So around 80% probability of getting a critical hit after a dex evade.

That would be correct if your masteries were not already included in that 703 number. I am thinking the 703 is the number of your boosted critical rating from masteries like precision and lesser precision. The only reason why I think that is because if you activate glass cannon it raises attack and lowers health and shows in your champion attributes instantly.
    @420sam I thought masteries weren’t included in the attributes section? Didn’t they announce everything was flat rate when they first set up attributes way back when they ruined SW?

I'm honestly not sure. Great question and turning into a very informational thread.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @420sam I thought masteries weren’t included in the attributes section? Didn’t they announce everything was flat rate when they first set up attributes way back when they ruined SW?
    420sam wrote: »

I'm honestly not sure. Great question and turning into a very informational thread.

The easiest way to test that theory is reset masteries and see if it changes. Or you can find someone else with the same champ but without the same mastery setup and see if the rating is different.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Just saying, I'm pretty sure the rating points and actual percentage chance are not directly proportional. Assuming 2700 even is 100% crit chance for Magik, that number might be different for another champ of equal rank.
  • 12345firewall1012345firewall10 Posts: 25
    has anybody masterd dexsterity yet
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Just saying, I'm pretty sure the rating points and actual percentage chance are not directly proportional. Assuming 2700 even is 100% crit chance for Magik, that number might be different for another champ of equal rank.

There is probably a way to test that too, lol. Just pull other champs and compare their ratings and percentages to see if there is a scale up or scale down.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    @Undead_Dhampir My 5/50 Magik with only 1 point in Lesser Precision is also 703/26% Critical Rating.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Thawnim wrote: »

There is probably a way to test that too, lol. Just pull other champs and compare their ratings and percentages to see if there is a scale up or scale down.

5/50 duped Nightcrawler has a 632 flat rating, 24% critical rating. 5/50 Hyperion has a 381 flat, 16%. It definitely scales down as it goes up.
    Thawnim wrote: »

5/50 duped Nightcrawler has a 632 flat rating, 24% critical rating. 5/50 Hyperion has a 381 flat, 16%. It definitely scales down as it goes up.

Thanks. I checked it with a few of my champs too and it definitely scales down as you said.
    has anybody masterd dexsterity yet

I have dex evade mastered, that being said I know the attributes between characters fluctuate. I.e., SL has insane critical ability just like AA, but AA does more damage where as SL has a better block prof.

@TheOneAndOnly judging by what you said the number HAS NOT changed despite the difference in our masteries. Which leads me to believe they are indeed FLAT RATE VALUES?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf or any admin... could you guys please confirm or give some speculation as to if these values ARE flat rate? Or if they actually don’t fluctuate and are not presented in these displayed values? Thanks!

Yes, but even with flat rate values that scale down then I don't think your crit chance even above 2700 would be 80%.
  • JordJord Posts: 13
    Seems a lot is not working as intended
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    Jord wrote: »
    Seems a lot is not working as intended

The one actually is working as intended. Seems that we just do not have specifics on the conversion of flat rate values to percentages though.