**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Defender Kills Suggestion

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
For AW Seasons 2 can we get defender kills back? Keep attack bonus, but like diversity give 30 points per defender kill.

Comments

• Options
    SHARPESTSHARPEST Posts: 2
    In a real war when someone dies it doesn't matter whether you are on one side or the other a kill is a kill and should be treated equal. No matter what amount of points you give they should be the same! Also there should absolutely be points for kills and kills alone!!
    RIGHT NOW YOU MIGHT AS WELL ENTER WAR AND PUT YOUR WORST GUYS IN AND NOT DO ANYTHING AND STILL COLLECT THE PARTICIPATION REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The system in place now addresses skill, and adding Defender Kills would create a worse system than any previously. This iteration focuses on Attack and encourages people to play their best as still focus on an effective Defense. Divesity has been scaled back, and it's not as significant. Kills are gone. It's probably best that we stop focusing on how many times the Opponent dies.
  • Options
    KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    The system in place now addresses skill, and adding Defender Kills would create a worse system than any previously. This iteration focuses on Attack and encourages people to play their best as still focus on an effective Defense. Divesity has been scaled back, and it's not as significant. Kills are gone. It's probably best that we stop focusing on how many times the Opponent dies.

Not dieing shows skill too shouldn t cap at 3 if one of my defenders gets 10 kills
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Kynny wrote: »

Not dieing shows skill too shouldn t cap at 3 if one of my defenders gets 10 kills

That's the problem. It mattered to the metrics before. It doesn't now. The only thing it indicates is how effective a Defender is. We went through a number of changes to find a system that works. There's no use focusing on Defender Kills now. We don't have to penalize the Opponent for using Resources just to have an element of skill. There is a reason they shifted the focus on Attack and never added DKs again. Under the current system it's possible to lose and have more Kills. That's just how it is.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    SHARPEST wrote: »
    RIGHT NOW YOU MIGHT AS WELL ENTER WAR AND PUT YOUR WORST GUYS IN AND NOT DO ANYTHING AND STILL COLLECT THE PARTICIPATION REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6* shards are only awarded for wins

My thoughts exactly. Kabam said that defender kills were taken away to encourage players to finish their paths. That was before AW Seasons started, now all alliances in gold to master tier finish their paths. The top 300-400 alliances use max diversity because max diversity is something you can control to increase how many points your alliance scores, how your opponent plays is a factor outside of your control.

Many AW matchups are decided by less than a few hundred points, some are decided by less than one hundred points, and ties have become more frequent. This is due to diversity and attack bonus being the only points affected by playing. Adding defender kills, but adding them with less effect like diversity has been done (50 points to 30 points), could prevent further ties from occurring and would have no effect on players finishing their paths because the current points format requires alliances to get full exploration if they want to move up tiers.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

My thoughts exactly. Kabam said that defender kills were taken away to encourage players to finish their paths. That was before AW Seasons started, now all alliances in gold to master tier finish their paths. The top 300-400 alliances use max diversity because max diversity is something you can control to increase how many points your alliance scores, how your opponent plays is a factor outside of your control.

Many AW matchups are decided by less than a few hundred points, some are decided by less than one hundred points, and ties have become more frequent. This is due to diversity and attack bonus being the only points affected by playing. Adding defender kills, but adding them with less effect like diversity has been done (50 points to 30 points), could prevent further ties from occurring and would have no effect on players finishing their paths because the current points format requires alliances to get full exploration if they want to move up tiers.

A big concern over adding DK's back into scoring is that the cost of AW is going to go up, especially in higher tiers. I see posts talking about bosses getting 20-25 kills as justification for this, but I'll guarantee you that after the attacker bonus was gone, people were just popping L1 and L2 revives because the deaths didn't matter anymore. Adding DK's back will force people to shell out for more and more expensive pots and revives to get the much needed points for BG clears.
  • Options
    Cujo999 wrote: »

A big concern over adding DK's back into scoring is that the cost of AW is going to go up, especially in higher tiers. I see posts talking about bosses getting 20-25 kills as justification for this, but I'll guarantee you that after the attacker bonus was gone, people were just popping L1 and L2 revives because the deaths didn't matter anymore. Adding DK's back will force people to shell out for more and more expensive pots and revives to get the much needed points for BG clears.

Or it will force people to win on skill
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Adding defender kills would greatly increase potion use in AW. @Cujo999 nailed it, once a defender has 3 kills players don't care about racking up more kills against that defender. If defender kills came back players would treat AW like LOL, meaning they would fully heal for nearly each fight. More importantly, defender placement would regain the importance it once had.
  • Options
    I'm not seeing the issue with that..
  • Options
    I'm not seeing the issue with that..

An easier fix would be to change AW ties to not be registered as losses for both alliances. Many players have submitted complaints for that to be changed.
  • Options
    Cujo999 wrote: »

Or it will force people to win on skill

Skill should ideally be the main determining factor, but DK's don't measure skill. Let's say time is running out on Players A and B to clear the final boss in their BG and their teams are wiped. They're facing identical bosses with identical champs, attacker bonus is gone, and both bosses are at the same health. Player A goes into the Loyalty store, gets an L1 Team Revive, loses two champs, but clears the boss with the third. Player B busts out the credit card, buys some units, and gets an L3 Team Revive and a couple of Team health pots, loses one champ and clears the boss with the second. If we're going by DK's, Player B is the more skilled player, because he died less.

People think that putting DK's back in will reward more skilled players/Alliances when in reality, it's just going to encourage more players to spend more.
  • Options
    Skill doesn't die..
  • Options
    Skill doesn't die..

Then you'd already win on Attack Bonus, so there's no need for DK's.
  • Options
    No reason to limit them either..
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Skill doesn't die..

Guffaw. Bring your one star ant man and show off dem skillz. The game is geared toward having the most toys, where A beats B but only if paired with C. Have all the skills in the world but if u stank but have the blade trio, you're making mincemeat out of that magik/dorm boss.
  • Options
    Skill doesn't die..

Guffaw. Bring your one star ant man and show off dem skillz. The game is geared toward having the most toys, where A beats B but only if paired with C. Have all the skills in the world but if u stank but have the blade trio, you're making mincemeat out of that magik/dorm boss.

Ahh another person who thinks skill only applies to game mechinics.and not planning ahead and bringing the right tool for the job
  • Options
    dse9pa310k9s.jpg

I didn't participate in this AW, but I would be furious if my alliance's boss got 43 kills and we lost because only 3 contributed to the overall score
  • Options
    MattcoxMattcox Posts: 75
    @DTMelodicMetal I am furious abt it that’s my medusa
  • Options
    MattcoxMattcox Posts: 75
    Something needs to be done cuz it takes skill out of it if they just keep reviving
  • Options
    Mattcox wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal I am furious abt it that’s my medusa

I'd feel the same. Hope you don't mind I used your picture to show a point. No way that many defender kills should be worth the same amount of points contribution as a node that gets 3 of them.