**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do these still exist?

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
1xeuarrrs0tn.png

These are useless in war and anyone legitimately trying to progress in content that they need to know path ahead already has entire teams dedicated to those paths. Outside communities have heavily shared every node even in Act5 Ch1 and LOL where the maps are locked by movement. Anyone actually needing the info can do it for free by talking to people. If they want a challenge they won’t use them or ask other players for information.

War was the only legitimate reason these existed and the current status doesn’t even reflect that

TL;DR
the above masteries are literally wasted coding as anytime you need them you can find entire discussions as every map from 1.1.1 to LOL is leaked like the Titanic and war no longer hides classes or rating

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    actually someone in my ally used this in our last war to determine if he was going against a 5/65 blade or not on node 24 (though i of course think they should dump em)
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    actually someone in my ally used this in our last war to determine if he was going against a 5/65 blade or not on node 24 (though i of course think they should dump em)

I’m curious how he did that
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    They existed before AW, back around the time act 4 came into the contest. Not everyone wants or cares to use a guide to play the game either. Could they be made more useful? Sure.

*Oh and people used resources on them so removing them would require compensation and be more work than its worth.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Depending on your war rating, we only see the class of the opponent (tier 5) in AW. I believe even the class is hidden in higher tiers..
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Depending on your war rating, we only see the class of the opponent (tier 5) in AW. I believe even the class is hidden in higher tiers..

no class isn't hidden in any tier
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

I’m curious how he did that

you're able to see the rank/level, so you know if it's a 4/55 or a 5/65, so when he saw 5/65 he knew it was blade
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The masteries need to be reworked, they can start with the class masteries outside of Mystics
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    The masteries need to be reworked, they can start with the class masteries outside of Mystics

Agreed. Personally I was just overall mystified that this backwater cluster managed to survive this long. Ignoring the speed runners and the true legends I have never encountered someone so far into the game where they are needed and not ask around for tips and advice. Unless this was 2001 Internet the info is redundantly easy to find (which also ignores the possibility of a game like this RUNNING in 2001 internet)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★