**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A new Ability - Hardness

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
Currently, several champions in the game have problems. I'm talking about (Superior) Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Civil Warrior, Hulkbuster and Colossus. They are defensive champions, but beside some specific bosses who require defence and the defensive phase in alliance wars, they have no good use. They just lack the offensive capacity to do that. That's a shame, some are quite iconic champions (Iron Man!!!) and that makes me as a Marvel fan sad I can't use them in regular combat.

In short: they need a buff on the offensive side. It is very difficult to do that and respect the defensive character of the champions, but I think I have a good idea. It's a new ability called Hardness.

Hardness is something like Fury: it boosts damage for a limited time by a certain amount. It is the origin of damage that is special: it originates from the armor. It makes sense that an armored champion can throw stronger punches due to its armor. Technically speaking this should be a passive, but game-mechanic wise that is not feasible.

I suggest that 10% of the Armor score is added to the Attack rating of the champion. That should roughly correspond to the same boost Fury gives to other champions. Armor Up can increase Armor rating and will thus increase the boost of Hardness. That would make these champions quite formidable foes!

The reverse can also happen, Armor Break will lower the boost of Hardness. Negative Armor scores could lead to a decrease in Attack rating. That will scare off players from using these champions and make it to easy for opponents to neutralise/reverse the effect (Fury does not have that problem). I suggest to cap it: the base Armor rating is guaranteed for the boost so you can take away the Armor Up effect but not the Hardness effect entirely.

Obviously, armored champions who already have a Fury effect of their own (Unstoppable Colossus, Rhino) will not have this ability. It's not that I don't think they have no problems, I think that should be addressed differently and that falls beyond the scope of this discussion.

Let me know how you think!