**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How can I practice playing against Sabertooth in the monthly quest ( e.g duel )

_GRINDER__GRINDER_ Posts: 538 ★★★
Since no one has this champion , is there a way to practice and fight against this guy ? I am able to reach till him in master arena but losing to him hands down . Dont want to waste energy or revives .

Comments

• IceBobbyIceBobby Posts: 109
    practice against the one in the first chapter
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, the 1.1 and the 3.2 Sabretooth fight the same way, the second just has more stats and buffs.

Once you've learned his move set (His SP1 is easy to bait and evade, much like Killmonger's SP2), even on Uncollected he's rather simple to fight, he just has a lot of regen and resistances going, so the fight will be long unless you can negate that.

Nothing stopping you from doing easy or normal or whatever to get a feel for it before moving on to Master/Uncollected.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I just finished the 100% the uncollected difficulty today, and my 4/40 4* archangel did most of the work against sabertooth. HIs regen is just nuts. My rank 4 5* ultron couldn't even dent him after the first bit of the fight once he racked up enough regen charges and resists. If you don't have reliable heal block/poison/other method of dealing with it, don't even try. Star Lord might be able to out damage him if you can survive long enough to build up a high combo. And Guillotine can wreck him with her heal reversal, but it can be hard to build up and land the SP2 before your souls run out. If you have Morningstar for synergy for longer lasting souls that can make it much easier.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I have 3/3 Despair, and a r3 5* X23 with her bleeds got the job done. One shot him with her on one of my runs.

I also brought my r4 5* Hypy, and spamming SP1 for stacks of incinerate also works to mitigate the regen.

I found the key was just pushing/baiting his SP1. Easy to fully avoid, so you don't get whittled with block damage. His regen just prolonged the fight, but didn't change how the fight went.

That said, the longer it drags on, the more chance for the game to hiccup and you get tagged by his SP1. If you do, and you're not bleed immune, then it basically one shots you on Uncollected. :p
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    First time I have explored master to 100% and I found quake (at 5/50) wrecked both sentinels and sabretooth. The clunky actions of the sentinels was harder to deal with so I would just stay in the corner and charge heavy/parry/charge heavy the whole fight.

• Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    I used a heal block champ like yondu or guilly’s heal reverse to get past uncollected sabertooth.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    edited March 2018
    phillgreen wrote: »
    First time I have explored master to 100% and I found quake (at 5/50) wrecked both sentinels and sabretooth. The clunky actions of the sentinels was harder to deal with so I would just stay in the corner and charge heavy/parry/charge heavy the whole fight.

I didn't even think about Quake. Just brute forced it with my Ultron and rank 5 4* Blade with danger sense. Tried all sorts of cosmic champs but never considered quake for the Sentiels. Might have made things easier, lol.
  • 2,3,4,5 star dup. Ronan
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    SL and Ultron for me dash back then hit the heavy gp bled him pretty quick . His movements are very similar to killmonger
  • SL, Ultron, Yondu, Stark Spidey, Doctor Octopus, Mephisto, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Mephisto, Magic, Medusa, Angela, Quake, Dorammu, Hulk, Red hulk, Doctor Vuduu, Ice man, Archangel
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    SL, Ultron, Yondu, Stark Spidey, Doctor Octopus, Mephisto, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Mephisto, Magic, Medusa, Angela, Quake, Dorammu, Hulk, Red hulk, Doctor Vuduu, Ice man, Archangel

pretty much anyone then? haha :D
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    I used a 4/40 Archangel on Uncollected the first time through, found it to be too stressful, and decided to use 3* duped Ronan for the rest of the fights xD

All it takes is 2 parries, 1 SP1 evasion, and a lot of patience after that.
  • ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    just finished exploring 100% on master. Guillo did well with him. But last run.. surprisingly got real lucky and took him down with SL 60hits to 0