**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena is boring now....at least for me

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
I'm a huge fan of arena especially the 4* featured. Last year alone, starting from Angela to MODOK (a total of 19 champs), I've been grinding for 9 of them. Some of them I even went for both rounds with little to no units spent.

With the new 5* featured arena that's only limited to only 150 spots to win, it makes the arena becomes boring again for me. I've the rosters to grind for the whole 3 days but without units spend, that's farfetched. There's no way I'll win. Even the old 5* featured champs in every other week are boring. Storm and now Gambit? Gosh!
Throw in some decent champs like Rocket or something.
So can you guys tell us any new arena updates that's confirmed to be executed within this year?
Also, even the monthly quest is getting boring especially for stingy units spenders like me that don't wont to spend units to get those energy refills. It has been months since the last energy refills offer that can be bought with units.
AQ and AW are the only 2 things that are slowing down my rate of boredom of this game in the current state.
Just a rant

Comments

• Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    5* featured top 150 is only won with refreshes. If you are bored take a step back and enjoy life and do enough arena to progress champs and pay treasury.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    Just a rant

I'm feeling slightly boring too after non-stop grinding from 4* basic Rogue till now. I begin to skip some and only do minimal to rank.

But, "ranting" is against for forum rules, just in case you aren't aware and get punished by MODs. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you ranting, but someone in charged with power may not be that tolerating. Good luck and cheers!
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I bought the 6 refill offer for 300 units about 2/3 weeks ago. It's there almost every month near the end of the eq.
  • Options
    KyndrannaKyndranna Posts: 38
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    I bought the 6 refill offer for 300 units about 2/3 weeks ago. It's there almost every month near the end of the eq.

6 refills.for 300 units is a terrible deal since they are 30 each.

I don't look at offers much but yea
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    It was 6 refills for 150, which would normally cost 180 at 30 each.
  • Options
    If you want grind for the 4 star basic or 5 star arena
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    People still grind for 4*s? I gave up that useless nonsense a long time ago.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Why do you think they should release as many 5* featureds as 4*? They give out more basics than 4* featureds so its not like they broke some pattern. This is what provides more competitive arenas and last I checked this was a contest between summoners
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The arenas have always been very boring. Once players figured out how to get infinite streaks, there was no challenge it to it. Now it is a mindless grind for champs or gold and units. I don’t see it changing. It is a fighting game on a mobile platform. There are only so many ways they can create content.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @SomeoneElse

It’s all about how creatively they present content, there are plenty of concepts they can try but sometimes it requires thinking outside of the box
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you think there are other ways then why don’t you mention them in the suggestions category of the forums?
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @SomeoneElse

It’s all about how creatively they present content, there are plenty of concepts they can try but sometimes it requires thinking outside of the box
    Yes and no. They are limited by two major factors. The first is that this is a fighting game. They have stories for the quests, but they are really irrelevant. They have no impact on the gameplay. I always skip them. The second is that this a mobile game. The inputs are limited to taps and swipes. They cannot add complex combos that fighting games on a console or PC using a controller can have. Fighting games usually don’t have that many modes. It is unlikely that they will be able to create a true PVP mode on a mobile platform, which means everything has to be fighting an AI.

My personal opinion is that they could make this game more interesting by utilizing synergies and strategies as part of the gameplay. If scouting your route and building a team with the right synergies were more important to your success, I think it would be more enjoyable. It would also give them new ways to make the game more challenging instead of their current strategy of making more ways to create unavoidable damage. They have these components to some degree, but they are not very well developed. You may need to take an immune champion for AQ or AW, or you may need to use a specific champion for a node, but for the most part, I think people use their strongest (I.e. god tier) champions for the majority of the time. The rest of their roster is only useful for grinding the boring arena, which gets us back to the original point of this topic.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    It was 6 refills for 150, which would normally cost 180 at 30 each.

That's right. I bought 2, so 12 refills for 300. My bad on that messed up post earlier, thanks for correcting me.