**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Icemans armour Vs Mephisto

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
I’m really sorry if this is already known, or had been made before.

But it seems Icemans armour never happens with Mephisto, yes at the start of the fight it shouldn’t, but surely when that runs out he should be able to get his armour?

If I’m wrong then that’s fine obviously but just a little confused as to why it never pops up at all?

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Meph takes away his timer as well, as iceman will go thru a full cooldown and not be able to get back, getting rid of the ice armor until he pops l3. Can do the same sort of thing with GR, seems to be intended
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    That’s how all nodes with timers work. If you heal block a champ on arc overload and the heal block is there when the regen should kick in then it disables it the whole fight. This mechanic has been in the game for a while
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’ve never heard a mod confirm whether this is working as intended. Personally I’d prefer if iceman’s armour reset normally rather than having to use a sp3. Along with that, arc overload would reset even if fate sealed etc.

Could we get confirmation of what should be happening @Kabam Miike
  • Kryptic81Kryptic81 Posts: 34
    edited March 2018
    Yeah notice in this boss rush ice man doesn't even start with ice armor and he can't get it back because he never will get power due to the tyranny node. Very unfair Kabam!
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Rulk squashed Mephisto like a bug
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Thanks for all the info guys
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Hypothetically speaking (as I'm assuming this has to do with Boss Rush and I think that Mephisto had the Villainy node) if you got off a special 3 with Iceman after the 15 seconds then you'd be able to get the armor. Think if I remember right that's what I did for 5.4.5. Kind of a non-issue with Boss Rush though since Iceman won't gain any power.

@Haji_Saab is also right though. I was able to parry the Iceman in Boss Rush right before his ice armor reformed and it never came back. Didn't really do much from a damage standpoint until I got him under 18% (on account of the safeguard node) but did help to let me parry him without worrying about him shrugging off the stun for the rest of the fight.