**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Apparent use of Bots in Arena

I am curious to know when Kabam will start looking into the players who use computers, emulators and bots to run their arenas? It has become highly evident that most of these Russian players are running computer programs to run their accounts in Arena, and week after week, they keep reaping rewards while the rest of us who play hard and spend get effed over by these cheaters. Can someone at Kabam explain? I’m sure I’ll get some cut and paste answer, which will avoid the actual issue of banning these cheaters permanently.

Comments

• Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Some of them do get banned but you’ll get the cut and paste answer here. I know it’s against their policy to discuss actions taken, but I do wish we could get more visibility on this. Could explain why it can be so hard to get the top 1-10% in arena/hero use events.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @DeathbringersMOM, we knew some folks got their partial ban in their arena, some of those people came to the forum asking why their 3vs3 arenas (3*/4*/5* arena) disappeared, and left with only one 1v1 arena. While we won't know if these people got banned due to being caught using BOTs, however, we could assume that's quite likely the case.

I think the questions are, what method does Kabam use to detect arena bots? How effective if the method of detection? How frequent they run their detection? How long it takes them to ban a detected cheater? How many percent of the actual bot users/cheaters have been correctly banned? etc ......

REMINDER ABOUT THE USE OF 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/47681/reminder-about-the-use-of-3rd-party-software#latest
  • Options
    @shchong2 it’s clearly evident. You don’t even have to have detection tools to see how openly they are cheating. These accounts that never hit top anything all of a sudden hitting too 150 in 5* arena? Come on. And they don’t even seem to have the rosters to pull that, unless they are spending. The question is, if they aren’t spending, and they don’t have a roster that can put numbers like that up, are they staying up 24 hours a day to hit those numbers in Arena? I smell BS. And an impartial Kabam not doing diddly squat to ban permenrntly those folks that cheat. 30 day ban means nothing when they come back to doing what they did before.... CHEAT!

They need "detection" for automation, unless:-
    1) you suggest Kabam to hire 1000000 works, to manually check one-by-one
    2) you rely on people to file complain tickets, and they manually investigate one-by-one

Even developing a script/ an automation to verify top rank arena players, versus their rosters, to justify if they have the roster to achieve, still need DETECTION

However, I don't think that's the RIGHT WAY to do it. Remember? players can SPENT UNITS to recharge. If I have only three 5* champs of at least R2/35, and I have some 5* arena boost, but ALOT OF UNITS (or money), I can basically recharge ENDLESSLY and can get a few million points easily within a few hours.
  • Options
    @shchong2 sounds like you’re a Kabam advocate. If I’m able to do it, whilst juggling an adolescent son who talks too much, it should be easy for Kabam to review top 150 players weekly. It’s not too 800 like the 4* arena.

No, I'm not, don't get me wrong, I don't support Kabam in many cases.
    I'm just telling you that some people really spent units to recharge.
    This is especially true that now the 6* champs are released, and they scored alot more than 5* champs
    Some of them recharge their 6* champs, and achieve >40M points in the 5* arena

Let me be VERY CLEAR!!!! It is the responsibility of the company to ensure all cheaters are banned!
    It is unfair to let those cheaters free and continue to cheat, it is VERY BAD for the community and very unfair to all of us putting time and effort

However, let me be also fair to say that detection is needed, and detection needs to be proven effective. REMEMBER, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Pls be fair to everyone unless you have actual proof (not speculation). If not, if we try to goto sue someone and bring a case to court just bcos we think someone may seem "obvious" as a criminal, it may not go well with the law or the judge. A proof is a proof, since you mentioned you have "clear evident" it is great, pls submit your "clear evident" to Kabam, such as a screenshot of someone with the bot running. I fully support you continue to file report so Kabam can look into the report and confirmed them cheating and ban them accordingly.
  • Options
    By the way, do you consider applying for a job with Kabam, so you can review top 150 players weekly while juggling an adolescent son who talks too much? Looks like Kabam needs you to keep the arena clean and free from cheaters!
  • Options
    @DeathbringersMOM, while I don't mind, however, the mods have mentioned many times that it is against Forum rules to post other ppl's profile, and they also mentioned any action they take will be done in a way to protect privacy and confidentiality.

Again, don't get me wrong, I don't mind you post anything. Just in case you don't be careful you may get banned by the mods. I don't like to see Mods banning ppl for posting cheaters, but I'm not incharge here so nothing I can do about it. Take cares and cheers!
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

If you suspect a player or alliance of cheating, please do report them so that it can be properly investigated by the team. Once an investigation has been completed, actions will be taken if it is deemed appropriate. And as we've said many times before, the specifics of any investigation or actions taken against accounts will not be discussed on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.