**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Gold Issue...

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
The issue of having a lack of gold is becoming a big problem in the game. I can't understand why Kabam keep adding higher tiered champions (6* heroes) that cost more gold to rank up and yet they have done nothing whatsoever to allow those of us with those champs to acquire the additional gold necessary to rank them up. I realize that if I wanted to I could throw away all my free time and grind arena for hours and hours to get my gold, but unfortunately for me I have a life and cannot spend that much time in the game, and wouldn't want to for that matter (grinding in arena literally kills brain cells I think). Anyways this is really a serious problem and if Kabam cares about the future of this game they need to address it.

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    #goldrealmeverysunday
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    The issue of having a lack of gold is becoming a big problem in the game. I can't understand why Kabam keep adding higher tiered champions (6* heroes) that cost more gold to rank up and yet they have done nothing whatsoever to allow those of us with those champs to acquire the additional gold necessary to rank them up. I realize that if I wanted to I could throw away all my free time and grind arena for hours and hours to get my gold, but unfortunately for me I have a life and cannot spend that much time in the game, and wouldn't want to for that matter (grinding in arena literally kills brain cells I think). Anyways this is really a serious problem and if Kabam cares about the future of this game they need to address it.

Then be patient and wait to upgrade certain champs if you can’t commit the time to farm gold.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Hate to sound like a jerk but the arena is there to earn gold. I hate arena too but I have gold because I grind.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137

I think that’s Kabam’s point :smiley:

But personally, im ok with me taking longer upgrading my higher star/ranked champs, as long as I have enough gold that my inventory dont expire :smiley:
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    I wish I had more champs to rank. Using gold is a problem for me.
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I wish I had more champs to rank. Using gold is a problem for me.

I feel you sis.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    The lack of gold in rewards for anything are outdated and old. Kabam doesn't care, they want you to spend more money.
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    The lack of gold in rewards for anything are outdated and old. Kabam doesn't care, they want you to spend more money.

Do you sit on full energy?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    The same is true of t4cc at lower levels. I got yer gold plenty of it and don't need more...but can't get behind supporting your demand until you lot are more supportive of our requests...funny that you cannot join the call for more opportunities for the lower tiers and solo players to get t4cc and troll and tell us wonderful supportive things like "get better!" "Join an alliance that does map 4 and 5" all because you have it and don't need more...I have developed the same attitude to you and your gold issues...here is my advice, "get better at managing your gold!" Or " you scratch my back..." just very amusing that we are whining when we call for something to be changed improved or added and you lot are entitled (apparently) but then kabam has promoted that attitude...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Grind in arenas beyond what you have to raise for alliance events..."you just aren't willing to do what it takes" to quote the responses we get about t4cc...
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    xNig wrote: »

Do you sit on full energy?

No, in fact I burn some units for more energy. Still not that much, and I'm trying to clear Act 4 now and that's the most gold I've seen. Shouldn't need to spend hours in arena, for low gold rewards in that anyway.
  • How long since the gold you get in any form of rewards has been changed/updated?
    Arena milestones, quest fights, event milestones, etc.

As the game progressed and added new star levels and new ranks for existing star levels, the rewards (across the battlerealm) should have progressed as well. That's a pretty simple concept. Just saying "grind arena" doesn't really answer the issue, though it's the best answer as of now. Arena crystals, milestones, and per fight/series rewards were designed at a time when the battlerealm was much different.

There's a lot of old "infrastructure" still left in the game that should be updated. The war updates are good overall despite the negative parts that have come with them. The glory store is wonderful, especially after the cost corrections were implemented. I'd imagine aq will see some updating very soon after the sentinels and new minis are in place. But the general reward system for single player content desperately needs to catch up to where the game is now.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    Quick and easy fix would be to augment the Pittance and Prosperity masteries, thereby allowing Summoners to reallocate points when they need more gold. As it is, 4 points to get a 2% gold bump is not a good deal in any scenario.

But then again masteries in general could stand some work...

Dr. Zola
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    It's very easy to understand that gold should NOT be the major limiting factor in rank ups. Gold is used for more than just leveling champs. Plain and simple. Should Kabam flood us with gold? No. Does gold need adjusted? Yes 100%.

I personally don't think gold realm is the way to do it. I would rather see map 6 reward gold and BC like previous maps do, and a small bump to the BC/gold gain from milestone rewards in arena. Lastly, the gold crystal needs to have better odds of getting more than 2400 gold. I swear it's like 99% chance to get 2400 gold.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Arena needs to award significantly more good. That’s a simple solution.
  • BrandJennBrandJenn Posts: 145

Arena itself is the solution to gold. Not the milestone rewards.

More arena = more battlechips = more gold
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    BrandJenn wrote: »

Arena itself is the solution to gold. Not the milestone rewards.

More arena = more battlechips = more gold

I mean for the grinding rewards to be increased. If you put 400 gold per run then win the 3 you should get 1200 back. That would solve the issues right there.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »

Then be patient and wait to upgrade certain champs if you can’t commit the time to farm gold.

Actually I am very patient when ranking my champs up because of the gold issue. I currently am waiting to rank up my 5* AA and 5* DrV. I have enough gold to take AA to rank 4, but after that will probably not have any gold left. The main thing that bugs me is that it takes over 3/4 of a million gold to do that rank up, and we get almost nothing in questing.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Hate to sound like a jerk but the arena is there to earn gold. I hate arena too but I have gold because I grind.

I realize that arena is the easiest place for gold, but for a lot of people like me, getting all the monthly quests done on top of AQ and AW is enough to be getting on with without having to grind arena for the gold to rank up my champs. Its a problem because with as much time as all of us put into AQ, AW, and monthly quests, the return rate of gold is very very small.

Exactly! If you look at the gold rewarded for the Uncollected difficulty of the monthly quest, it is almost identical to the heroic difficulty, which is completely ABSURD! Since when do our rewards not increase with difficulty??? I don't understand why only gold doesn't scale with difficulty as does everything else in this game.
    Rap wrote: »
    The same is true of t4cc at lower levels. I got yer gold plenty of it and don't need more...but can't get behind supporting your demand until you lot are more supportive of our requests...funny that you cannot join the call for more opportunities for the lower tiers and solo players to get t4cc and troll and tell us wonderful supportive things like "get better!" "Join an alliance that does map 4 and 5" all because you have it and don't need more...I have developed the same attitude to you and your gold issues...here is my advice, "get better at managing your gold!" Or " you scratch my back..." just very amusing that we are whining when we call for something to be changed improved or added and you lot are entitled (apparently) but then kabam has promoted that attitude...

I understand exactly your position as I was once where you are. I am a free player and so I never paid to get access to t4cc, but had to get lucky from map 3 crystals mainly. This game is very unbalanced in that aspect because as you progress towards getting higher tier champs the basic components (like gold) for ranking those champs becomes harder and harder to come by, mainly because the amount of gold that you receive never changes as you progress into harder content. And where you are right now the situation is quite the opposite. Kabam could do with some advice on how to model progression in a game.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Yes you can farm gold. The point being is things like 6* are introduced yet the rewards are the same. So what once took "X" amount of hours per week now takes X3 as long (just an example). This game does not survive on grinders. A balanace needs to be maintained. Just like when they make changes to AQ which appears to now be more difficult people expect and adjustment in rewards. Its a give and take.

These soap box replies on "you just need to grind more arena thats what its there for". No arena was not intended as our main source of gold it was merly a biproduct of the event. Just like its not our main source to obtain units or shards but they are there for those that have to grind to obtain them. Just because you can does not mean that others dont have a valid argument for such change.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I respect people who live for the grind -- I do. Commitment is rewarded in life, and if you grind hard every week, you deserve what you get.

At the same time...the balance is slightly out of whack with the highest tiers of rank-ups. We all get it: Progression has to get throttled so not every person has every character ranked up at all times. Again: We all get it.

But at the same time, there is nothing more irritating in this game to me than the difference in gold requirements to make a 4* 5/50 and a 5* 3/45. 110K vs. 271K...come on, now. That is completely out of whack and it actually keeps midrange players on the treadmill to nowhere, because let's be honest: You need a decent roster to earn enough shards for 5-star openings, so you have to invest in 4-stars until you get enough 5-stars to matter.

There really does need to be a Gold Realm once each month, at a minimum, to help midrange players get over the hump
    I was just scrolling through the general discussion and wow... There are so many posts regarding the lack of gold in this game. You would think Kabam might notice that this is a real issue. I guess they are going the route of "Gold is easily accessible in arenas if you are willing to throw your life away."