**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Sentry, of All Champs?

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
I totally get that people feel that Sentry should be a god tier champ, and I definitely agree that his abilities were extremely underwhelming. The most recent buff to him was an easy fix that, at least from what I can see, should elevate him out of trash tier to at least ok tier. What I don't get is, Kabam stated many times that they did not plan on making any changes to Sentry for the time being. They said the whole idea behind the champ was that he was like a loose cannon, unstable and unreliable but a hard hitter if you get lucky. So why did Kabam do exactly what they said they wouldn't?

Also Sentry's buff was a simple stat adjustment. They didn't have to write a whole new set of abilities or make new animations. If it was that easy to fix such a new and less commonly-owned character, why couldn't we get some quick fixes for older, even weaker champs? The colossus/she hulk/karnak/etc. owners feel neglected.

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    One less champ is useless. That’s a good thing. Feel free to push for buffs for the champs you’d like to see improved, but no sense in using this buff as a launch point for your argument.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Why sentry because like the others he needed it that had to start somewhere
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    At least they “buffed” Karnak with the true strike thing.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Lol I remember when people were complaining how sentry is garbage. Now he got buffed. Kabam gave what was asked for and people still complain. Kabam can only work so much
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Ugh this 2x posted...edited it tho...just ignore
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Lol sorry if it came off as me complaining. Sentry was well-deserving of a buff, I was just unsure why Kabam choose only to fix him, a relatively newer character. There are plenty of other champs, on par or worse than Sentry, who could easily be improved with a few simple tweaks.
  • Sentry used to Have the power of millions exploding Balls...and now he is Million Exploding Stars..
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    When kabam says they have no plans to change someone at this time, that means were not telling you if we are or not.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    No plans to change “at the moment”. Sounds sooo familiar with regards to a very popular champ being used everywhere..
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    xNig wrote: »
    No plans to change “at the moment”. Sounds sooo familiar with regards to a very popular champ being used everywhere..

Ugh, you’ve gotta be kidding me...
    This **** again?
  • ScuebydueScuebydue Posts: 38
    Sentry used to Have the power of millions exploding Balls...and now he is Million Exploding Stars..

You mean million exploding sunflowers, not balls.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Well this makes 3 champs being buffed in, 2 months? I'm talking about Red Hulk and Luke Cage.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Maybe it's cause Science is kinda the class with no God-tier champs? I don't know honestly She-hulk would've been better but at least they are making changes to champs! As an owner of like all the trash tier champs except for antman, I am happy to see that things are changing and hoping colossus, venom, or carnage is next.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    If you don’t want to sound negative about the buff maybe the name of your post shouldn’t have been so harsh. Personally probably because the fact he is in the 15k featured crystal was putting people off shooting for it, he was bottom 3 in the game for sure
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Also Sentry's buff was a simple stat adjustment. They didn't have to write a whole new set of abilities or make new animations. If it was that easy to fix such a new and less commonly-owned character, why couldn't we get some quick fixes for older, even weaker champs? The colossus/she hulk/karnak/etc. owners feel neglected.

What simple stat adjustments can be made to the champs you’ve mentioned or the other bad champs really though? To make them interesting to fight with also. You could just give them massive stun times and they’d be god tier but let’s be realistic.

She hulk- increased chance to stun, increased percentage on sig ability won’t do much. Some champs already have 100% stun chance and they aren’t god tier. Her sig can’t affect much really. Her mystic ability, reducing power gain could be good I guess but we aren’t going to see a high %.

Collosus- increased % for armour proc? Could be good, but he’d still be boring as hell. I fall asleep when I use him.

Karnak- I already like Karnak and with the true strike update I think he’s even better. But I wouldn’t complain about increased true strike duration.

Daredevil Netflix- more powerful armour break? Increased stun? Won’t make him a decent champ

Spidergwen- increased armour break, still trash

Kamalha Khan- more powerful fury, if it were the level of Hyperion she could be good. Apart from that, no.

Groot- increased chance to get physical resistance? Better fury. Doesn’t change his charge system being ****

Venom- increased cap for buffs he can get, more powerful fury or crit. Won’t change him much.

Almost every champ that needs to be buffed can’t just get a stat adjustment, it won’t make them a good champ. Look at the past, magik had new abilities, so did LC, Rulk, Hulk and winter soldier. None of them were just given stat increases. Sentry is unique because of the way his abilities are, he was set up like a god tier champ but his % were way too low. It would be like if Star Lord had a 1% chance to increase attack each hit.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Most of the reason all those champs suck is because they hit too weak, Angela is a good champ, why? Damage output, a simple but boring adjustment that would give them all some use would be to make the boring champs have decent damage. Yes through armour break could do it, or just pure attack power would also do it
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    The Sentry buff makes him awesome. It’s like a whole new champion for me, and one I’ll quest with.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I think the reason he was buffed was because he's in the 6* feature crystals.. Just like Rulk and LC got buffed before standard 6* crystal was released..