**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Mega-thread of all bugs

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
So, Kabam doesn't have enough mods to look through all of our threads. For their convenience and ours, I'm just gonna create a mega-thread where we can list off all the problems we've found. Please try your best to not make a post about something already mentioned in this thread, but feel free to mention any bugs that have been mentioned outside of this thread. To start off, I'll talk about the Random Whiffing Bug, the Chase-Down Bug, and the Unending Loading Screen Bug. If you want to say anything about a specific bug that has been listed, please quote that portion of the post of put "Random Whiffing Bug:" or whatever bug at the top of the post. Here we go!

Random Whiffing Bug:
We've all had this happen to us a few times. Our character just misses a hit for no reason. It happens with many characters at various times. With Agent Venom, it tends to be on his first medium attack if you lead a combo with it. With Wolverine, it tends to be the 3rd light attack in a combo. There's other examples, too, but I can't remember​ them, so let me know if you have any other examples. This has been a problem ever since 12.0, and the last update seems to have made it worse. We shouldn't be expected to use Revives and Potions when we didn't do anything wrong, and actually did it right since we landed hits.

Chase-Down Bug:
I haven't actually seen a thread on this bug yet. So, what happens is, the enemy will be pretty far away from you, and you'll dash back while they dash forward, and they'll hit you right as you finish your dash back. You don't even get time to block. First of all, there's no way that he should be able to go farther than me, especially since sometimes we'll start on the opposite sides of the screen when I'm baiting an SP move or something. Secondly, I have the Dexterity Mastery. That's the one where you can't get hit while dashing back. But they'll hit me before I can block. So either there is a delay for the game allowing you to block, or he's hitting me while I'm dodging back, which I have a Mastery against. There's no way I just didn't time the block right, because this happens like every fight. I can't be getting it wrong every fight. Please look into this.

Unending Loading Screen Bug:
This bug is exactly how it sounds: The loading screen is unending. It just doesn't end. This will happen on login, after fights, when switching screens, anytime. It just sits there while you look at the new Punisher's Winter-Soldier-Eyeliner and the loading thing spins and spins and spins and spins and spins and spins for about five minutes before you just restart the game. After restarting, sometimes it will work again, and sometimes it won't, but it's still super annoying, especially after you win a fight and then lose half health for the game restarting.

That's all I've got. Lemme know if you have some of these problems, and if you have any bugs of your own. Thanks!
-CrusherOfDreams

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    I think u missed out on the bug or lag that makes the game just close down after freezing for some specific charachters like X23, Black widow, Star Lord, Yellowjacket etc. in between fights especially in AW and Arena
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Spirit wrote: »
    I think u missed out on the bug or lag that makes the game just close down after freezing for some specific charachters like X23, Black widow, Star Lord, Yellowjacket etc. in between fights especially in AW and Arena

Well, there's a character limit when posting, so I just did those 3. Thanks for the input though.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    AI Evade-Attack bug still exists. Doesn't appear to be happening as much, but I experienced it a few times this week, and its usually against higher PI enemies.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    Let's not forget about this auto fight bug. It's happens to me all the time. If I'm touching the screen my guys want to do there own thing but when I don't touch the screen they just stand there. So I don't know if it's really auto fight or not but either way it's frustrating.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Just got this mod response today in another thread that covers a lot of these issues. Just FYI...

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/33620#Comment_33620
    edited June 2017
    This is a bug I found awhile ago. I started a thread on it in the old forums, then @Kabam Miike came in and asked for my model type and all that stuff. I told him, and never got a response. It hasn't been fixed, so I'm assuming he just asked me a question and moved onto more important things like telling people that "Grandmaster's Favor" is important even though it's just a title. Seriously, why is Grandmaster's Favor important? People all over are saying it's just a title. Anyway, here's the bug:

Drax's First Medium Attack has two hits. He swings both of his swords at the enemy. This attack makes no sense. Sometimes the first hit of that attack won't land. Sometimes the second won't. Sometimes, if the enemy is blocking and you charge them and back off to bait an SP move, it has no impact, and the enemy isn't pushed back at all. This leads to the enemy activating the SP move you were trying to bait before you can have time to block. Then you take some serious damage just because Kabam thinks that a 6-hit combo looks cooler. This is super annoying, especially since Drax is my only 5 star at the time, and he's extremely unreliable due to this stupid dash attack.
    When I'm using Crossbones against Spider-Man Miles Morales, he never evades. Like, EVER. I get that Crossbones reduces defensive ability accuracy, but I don't think it's supposed to completely eliminate it.
    Anyone else seeing heavy attacks by AI that seem to creep forward? I know exactly how far away I need to be to avoid spin kicker heavies (all the female champs that do this) but every so often one of them SCOOTS FORWARD half a length and tags me. Actually black panther did it to me today in act 4. Always when the AI is super aggressive. I didn't get it recorded this time but I will eventually. Sanity check please!
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Iron Fist also has an increased SP1
    Draenath wrote: »
    Iron Fist also has an increased SP1
    Yes! I saw this in AQ a while back when IF was the mini boss.
    Tman0971 wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing heavy attacks by AI that seem to creep forward? I know exactly how far away I need to be to avoid spin kicker heavies (all the female champs that do this) but every so often one of them SCOOTS FORWARD half a length and tags me. Actually black panther did it to me today in act 4. Always when the AI is super aggressive. I didn't get it recorded this time but I will eventually. Sanity check please!

Just noticed it with Dr. Strange, but that's the first I've seen it.
    The game just crashed my device. Not sure if this is the device or the game.

Android Nexus 10
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    edited June 2017
    @CrusherOfDreams thanks for your effort and the fact that you keep trying, however I've figured out now they couldn't care less ... the only thing they understand is people walking away from the game and no ones doing that even with all the bugs so they wont do jack sh*t to help... also go nuts on the app reviews bring it down to 1* the more people that do that the more they might pay some attention.

The forum is a waste of time imho.
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I just posted about Howard the Ducks L3 Buffs not triggering..

Also I do see the heavy creep forward thing. Hyperion is the worst
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    I had 1 point of energy consumed in the AQ, but SOMEONE HAD MADE THE PATH THROUGH WHICH I WAS, PREVIOUSLY. What a beauty! Next "patch to fix previous patch from previous previous patch" will be released in 1 year?
    The Unending Loading Screen bug continues to occur, and is happening more and more frequently. It's getting old. We get losses in Arena, lost health in Quests, and it's really hard to play the game. This game has tons of bugs already. For those of us who haven't quit yet, we don't even get to play sometimes due to this problem. Absolutely horrible.
    edited June 2017
    Seriously, the Unending Loading Screen Bug is getting worse and worse. Plus, there's a new bug where, when inviting people to your alliance, that little pop-up that says "Invite sent" won't close. It just happens every once in awhile. The "x" button won't respond, and neither will the "close" button. The only way to get out of it is to completely close the game and reopen it, but that doesn't work sometimes because of the Unending Loading Screen Bug occuring 1 out of every 5 logins. As an alliance leader who just kicked a bunch of guys that needed replacing, this is super annoying. Come on, Kabam. We need some help, here.
    The stupid Random Whiffing Bug is getting insane. It's happened to me like 4 times in 8 fights now. Scarlet Witch and Wolverine are the victims now.
  • TokingmonstaTokingmonsta Posts: 3
    Load screen bug is about to make me quit this game. I've burned through several level 3 Alliance potions trying to make up for the health I'M DOCKED because of this stupid glitch...only to have it glitch after I win....MODS need to do some SERIOUS overtime and fix this YESTERDAY!
    Load screen bug is about to make me quit this game. I've burned through several level 3 Alliance potions trying to make up for the health I'M DOCKED because of this stupid glitch...only to have it glitch after I win....MODS need to do some SERIOUS overtime and fix this YESTERDAY!

I know. The game crapped out for me before the fight even loaded up yet I lost half health in a quest. It sat there on the screen where you choose your champ, the fight button had been pressed, and the spinny wheel thing was just spinning for like 3 whole minutes. I backed out, came back in, and my Nightcrawler had half health. The fight didn't even open! It's so stupid, and it's worse in AQ since people are relying on you to help gain those great rewards.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    1 minute screen freeze bug, super speed enemy after finishing a combo that prevents you from blocking
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited June 2017
    Hi this is a bug that is really annoying now! The screen in its loading phase just freezes and then a pop-up comes -"Unfortunately this app has stopped responding" It causes me to lose Arena fights and half the health in AQs.

Like in this snapshot you can see I had reached infinite streak in Punisher arena. I have also underlined the PI of my champs and the opponents champ just to show you that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a guy in infinite streak to lose these matches. But the afforementioned bug took place and I lost my streak which owed to me not getting enough points to get him the secomd round.

@Kabam Wolf @Ad0ra Plz respond as nessecary to this problem
    @Spirit, I've been having that problem ever since I started playing the game. I don't really think it's new, but it definitely should be fixed.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Then there's the AI blocking specials after a combo, which is (my guess) thanks to the AI not having to focus it's resources in that evade glitch; now it can be superhuman all the time, and some strikes are whiffing (BB/Electro/Spidey second medium; Electro third light, kinda like a smaller heavy attack uppercut), again, too slow for a AI with superhuman reactions.
    Then there's the AI blocking specials after a combo, which is (my guess) thanks to the AI not having to focus it's resources in that evade glitch; now it can be superhuman all the time, and some strikes are whiffing (BB/Electro/Spidey second medium; Electro third light, kinda like a smaller heavy attack uppercut), again, too slow for a AI with superhuman reactions.

Yes, some of these are super annoying to me as well. The Whiffing problem is happening with SW now, too.
    I'm finally doing arena again and trying for WS. The stupid Loading Screen Bug is killing my win streaks. Kabam, I know that this is already under investigation, but could you pick it up, please? And in the mean time, give us, Android users especially, some Arena Boosts.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    Still going on - dash problems with both character and opponent, ridiculous enemy recovery, parry and block issues, heavy interrupts, not registering attacks/movements...

It seems to dominate on certain days when the game is also extra laggy. Days when the game is running silky smooth I notice less issues - seems to suggest an issue with latency, no?
    I swear, this Random Whiffing Bug is tempting me to leave the game. It's been a problem since at least 12.0. Not only has it not been fixed, it's gotten worse. Plus, we get threads closed on us because "there's already many threads on this topic". Well, if you've seen so many threads on the topic, then why haven't you read the complaints and fixed it yet?! This is a perfect example:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/5607/this-is-why-people-are-quitting#latest

Fix the game, Kabam. Please. This is happening to me about half of the fights I play now. Gamora, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Agent Venom, Spider-Man, Drax... the list of champs who are missing every few combos is endless. #FixMCOC