**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aw synergies update and further discussion.

Comments

• BosleyBosley Posts: 240 ★★★
    No updates since April 3rd? That's pathetic. Especially when you've already announced Season 2.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    Kabam - I do not care if the synergies are working, not working, or if you don't even know. War Season 2 starts today though and we really need an answer on where the synergies stand. Please let the community know which synergies work, which ones don't, and which ones you are unsure on. We all spend a lot of time planning war offensive and defensive strategies, and synergies is one of the key variables in those equations. LET US KNOW EITHER WAY BUT THE COMMUNITY DESERVES AN ANSWER ON THIS!
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Kabam - I do not care if the synergies are working, not working, or if you don't even know. War Season 2 starts today though and we really need an answer on where the synergies stand. Please let the community know which synergies work, which ones don't, and which ones you are unsure on. We all spend a lot of time planning war offensive and defensive strategies, and synergies is one of the key variables in those equations. LET US KNOW EITHER WAY BUT THE COMMUNITY DESERVES AN ANSWER ON THIS!

No synergy works in AW defense.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

None work.
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    I have not read every post here so this may or may not have been suggested but why not shut down offensive synergies till defensive synergies are fixed. There are many unique synergies specifically designed for defense but, as it stands, they are completely useless. Balance both sides of war till in fix can be put into place. This is a major mode of the game and it’s a mess.
    Diirx wrote: »
    I have not read every post here so this may or may not have been suggested but why not shut down offensive synergies till defensive synergies are fixed. There are many unique synergies specifically designed for defense but, as it stands, they are completely useless. Balance both sides of war till in fix can be put into place. This is a major mode of the game and it’s a mess.

Sir, please.
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    @Riegel very insightful. Thanks for posting, lol. Perhaps you could share why this is a bad idea. At least I think you consider it a bad idea.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

I think regular synergies like critical rating, armor, etc... are working. It’s the unique synergies that haven’t worked for (6+?) months.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »

I think regular synergies like critical rating, armor, etc... are working. It’s the unique synergies that haven’t worked for (6+?) months.

I believe they said they shut all of them down once they realized the unique ones weren't working
    I verified a couple of weeks ago that my Health synergy was working.
  • Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates here, but until we actually have something to share, we can't really give you any more information. We are still working on getting this issue resolved, and will update you all when we have more information.
  • khehmist wrote: »
    Is the intention to "resolve it" by restoring the function of all synergies on defense?

Surely you can at least tell us what you're working on.

If you look back into this thread you'll see where the issue lies. This was not just something we "turned off", but something that wasn't functioning. Additionally, since the addition of unique synergies, we have been faced with a new challenge, and that is "how do we indicate there is a unique synergy active". We are working on these issues at the same time.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Whenever AW defense synergies get activated, it will change the whole landscape of AW defense. The latest update already made defenses much more difficut. @Kabam Miike I hope you guys will monitor closely how drastically difficult certain synergies can be when placed on defense, whenever they are working. Especially because this is new territory as we've never seen working defense synergies in AW before. With all the unique synergies added as of lately, there could turn out to be some impossible situations in combination with certain AW nodes.
    khehmist wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like you're considering what players want to know @Kabam Miike.

Are players safe to rank defensive champs with the expectation that their synergies will work, eventually?

A yes or no answer would be very helpful. If you have an anticipated target date for the solution of the problem, that would also be useful.

The short answer is yes.
    Thank you for the continued communication @Kabam Miike :+1:
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates here, but until we actually have something to share, we can't really give you any more information. We are still working on getting this issue resolved, and will update you all when we have more information.

Do regular synergies work ??? +Critical rating , +attack, +armor, etc ....
    Hey guys,

No.
    Riegel wrote: »
    Hey guys,

No.

How do you know? I would like an answer from @Kabam Miike on this.
    @Riegel I have tried looking back through multiple threads on the synergies issue and I can't find where kabam said that they were turning off ALL defense synergies until they figured out what to do. I also can't find anything that says NONE of the synergies are working. They have mentioned unique synergies multiple times but I can't find anything on the core synergies like armor, crit rate, crit damage, etc. I have also tested that my health synergy works by asking an opponent to screenshot my defenders total health. That was done during season 1 so maybe it isn't working now. Just trying to find a confirmation on this.
    @Riegel I have tried looking back through multiple threads on the synergies issue and I can't find where kabam said that they were turning off ALL defense synergies until they figured out what to do. I also can't find anything that says NONE of the synergies are working. They have mentioned unique synergies multiple times but I can't find anything on the core synergies like armor, crit rate, crit damage, etc. I have also tested that my health synergy works by asking an opponent to screenshot my defenders total health. That was done during season 1 so maybe it isn't working now. Just trying to find a confirmation on this.

Take a look at the OP it doesn't directly state anything, but it kind of hints that there is a problem with synergies, and even more of a problem when it comes to unique synergies. I do believe they said somewhere that they are all off for now.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    Instead of Witchhunts (Account Shareing), Kabam should fix the damn bugs in their game.
    The issue was raised long before the start of season 2, now WE are in the middle of it...
    The Community have a Lot of good suggestions,how to solve this, without reaponse.
    We didn't even get any compansations for a basic feature, that doesn't work.

Btw. Account Shareing is bad because AW. Thank God, Synergies are working there... NOT
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Still think sinergies, unique or not should work in all game modes without any need to be shown that they re active
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Then everyone will change their name to |||||||||||| so you cant scout their potential team/synergies.

Oh wait that already happened.
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    so its been 7 weeks since the original post and no update from kabam, not surprised, but even a little "hey were making progress" would help, and acknowledge that this problem still exists and you're not completely ignoring your player base. @Kabam Miike