**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does nameless Hyperion is broken (uncollected event)

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
Hi, does anyone notice or reported that nameless Hyperion is broken, the node says , special will have 400% damage but The damage is normal not 400%. I checked in arena fight to confirm the damage.

swg8c5nbu2id.jpeg
3ep67wavngza.jpeg

Comments

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Yeah, it's an issue with vision because the power doesn't do any direct damage, just secondary damage based on power drained.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    So vision will never do 400% damage...not even his power damage.... this seams to be an odd case. I never used him ... just thought on this node he will do some damage.
    So can someone confirm it is an issue or not
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Don't forget the other node where for every bar of power Hyperion gains armour and reduces ability accuracy
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Don't forget the other node where for every bar of power Hyperion gains armour and reduces ability accuracy

No bro. It's hype who gains 5% more ability accuracy per power bar. But make no mistake, there is also strike back, where successful sp damage gives hype a new power bar, so using vision's sp1 is pretty much useless..

vision (aou) not a viable champ against dark hyperion. Hood, Dorm, DV, SW, Magik, Morningstar, Thor Jane, Juggy and Vision (OG) more viable...perhaps gwenpool too if can keep the enervate (power lock) going.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    ive Always wondered whether this was intended, I came across it in war on this node months ago, and the explanation that his damage is purely based on power kind of makes sense, but when we think about it surely the node should still quadruple the damage, like it quadruples shock damage, energy damage, physical damage etc. would love to hear an official response
  • Yeah visions specials do no dmg if no power is burned. It’s different from normal specials. U can block both L1 and L2 and take no dmg
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Certainly explains why my first run with Vision went so poorly yesterday.

I actually thought it was a very creative "boss-rush" style set of buffs on him that made the fight challenging. At the end of it all, I found my bleed team worked best (Blade's SP2 worked wonders). Still needed a few revives to 100% explore it simply because Hype doesn't always take the bait on his specials and one SP3 was usually enough for him to 2-hit end the fight...
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    It's not just Vision though.. (I've been waiting for someone to ask this.. Started to think it was only me having the issue)
    59cpuuvkn3qy.png
    This is nameless Hyperion's health after he has taken..
    SS sp1 (Although SS is only on R3 so didn't expect it to do much damage)
    DV sp1
    Hulk sp2
    Storm (R4 sig 120) sp2, sp1 and another sp1
    (I know my Storm and with 400% power increase he should have been down and out)

GP got the power increase everytime on sp1 but not on sp2

te2v5wvodtub.png
    (Just to show I explored 100% and it happened everytime except the last fight)
    githt899ph5n.png
    (This is the last time I fought him)
    GP sp3 (GP became unresponsive after he hit her with his sp3)
    Storm sp3 finished him off straight away

Normally sp3 doesn't seem to get any additional damage with the 400% increase.. I'm wondering if they have tried to fix that and caused problems with sp1 and sp2 power increase..
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    I Agree with Jason here. I used my own Hyperion against this guy and I noticed my specials only did the normal damage without the 400% boost
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Based on my experience (I've 100% Uncollected), I can confirm there is something off about Hyperion taking special attack damages. My Starky for some reason doesn't even crit and the damage from his sp2 doesn't deal much damage. I initially expected Starky sp2 to be enough. However, my Blade's sp2 deals INSANE amount of damage on this Hyperion. Kills him on the spot.
    Thanks guys, I hope it’s an issue with Hyperion not with vision. But I think if special is boosted by 400% then it should work like that irrespective of the champs abilities as this is an additional boost to special attacks.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    As stated this node has never worked with vision, I fight it in war every war, whether that is a bug/intended is one question, whether this Nameless Hyperion is also bugged with other attackers seems like he is too.
    But wonder no one is reporting any issues so it might be not with everyone
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Doesn’t hypeiron have high energy resist ...
    edited April 2018
    I just used magik same result, I thought I was recording but it didn’t record....need to run one more time .... but for sure Hyperion node isn’t working the way it supposed to work .... or it’s working as intended 😉
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Hi @Xthea9 (and @Speeds80), based on experience with the Power Shield node, this is 'working as intended'. Check out this old thread for a similar discussion: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/235984#Comment_235984

For either version of Vision, their basic SP1 and SP2 cause zero damage. However, if they connect, then they also inflict a power burn for direct damage. This means:

1 - You can't get critical hits (at all) with Vision's special attacks.
    2 - If your opponent blocks, then no power burn = zero damage.
    3 - If your opponent has ability accuracy reduction which activates, then no power burn = zero damage.
    4 - If your opponent has zero power, then no power burn = zero damage.
    5 - If you are affected by a Power Shield node (Power shield prevents you from doing any damage from regular attacks, but your special attacks do 400% more damage) then your specials still don't deal any normal damage (400% of zero is still zero); and (unfortunately) your subsequent Power Burn damage isn't affected.

Vision's special 3 does deal regular damage (and can't be blocked), so 1-5 above don't apply; and this attack will be effective against nameless Hyperion or other champs on a Power Shield node. The SP3 will also inflict a Power Burn for AoU Vision, but the Original Vision (you know, the one people actually paid money for) has been bugged for over a year, and doesn't inflict a Power Burn with his SP3 at all.

Hope that helps you deal with him. 👍☺️
    @Magrailothos - thanks for the explanation. One more thing I need to understand, what is direct damage. Below pics shows vision special abilities

dm2dy77k9sax.jpeg
    jcfe1ztrocs9.jpeg
    According to the description, the direct damage is proportionate to the amount lost and it will be reflecting as health loss. If node says 400% damage then this direct damage should be 400% and to meet this damage the power burn should be the same amount.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    It's game logic, not mine I'm afraid. The 400% bonus applies to the actual damage inflicted by the special attack; not any of it's following consequences.

Example: If you use a champ like Drax or Wolverine, their Special three inflicts bleed. The initial SP3 damage is increased by 400%, but the bleed damage isn't (on the other hand, their normal attacks, which inflict zero damage, can nevertheless inflict bleed; making them good champs against nodes like this).

Direct damage is applied directly to the opponents health and is unaffected by armour or physical resistance. So if an opponent is on a safeguard node limiting them to 1% health damage, Vision's power burn bypasses this completely, and can inflict the usual damage. Given this ability, and the fact that when you time it to drain maximum power, his SP1 & 2 cause quite a lot of damage (albeit with no chance of a critical effect), Vision is an excellent long-term champ. Just don't use him on Power Shield nodes. 😉
    Still confusing, not clear how this 400% damage can be considered in vision description
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    This is ODD!!!

I can confirm MANY TIMES OVER that all bleed and poison from specials carry that 400% boost