**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus and proxima villains

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Read the comics before making false accusations
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    It is most certainly a means of nerfing Blade. Anyone who states otherwise is being disingenuous. That being said we all knew that they would nerf and/or find a means of designing content around him. This is one of those means.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    How is blade being nerfed? None of his abilities changed. You don’t know what a nerf is. If more heroes are introduced does blade get nerfed? No. There’s no difference between the two. It’s a champ that danger sense doesn’t work on. Blade was not altered. Also champs that are classified as neither hero or a violin do exist such as Deadpool. There might be some ability later on that affects the thanks army champs or whatever they are classified as
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    How is blade being nerfed? None of his abilities changed. You don’t know what a nerf is. If more heroes are introduced does blade get nerfed? No. There’s no difference between the two. It’s a champ that danger sense doesn’t work on. Blade was not altered. Also champs that are classified as neither hero or a violin do exist such as Deadpool. There might be some ability later on that affects the thanks army champs or whatever they are classified as

Yeah it is certainly not a direct nerf. But making characters like these and Sabertooth non-villains was definitely designed to get around danger sense. It is certainly an indirect nerf.
    So one of the most powerful champs in this game doesn’t get to activate his ability on a new champ introduced to the contest. Doesn’t seem like a nerf to me. Plenty of villain champs still exist
    edited April 2018
    Are all new champs that aren’t dimensional beings or mystic champs also an indirect nerf as well? Danger sense doesn’t just work on villains
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    It is most certainly a means of nerfing Blade. Anyone who states otherwise is being disingenuous. That being said we all knew that they would nerf and/or find a means of designing content around him. This is one of those means.

Blade doesn’t get danger sense on villains by himself, so by no definition is it a blade nerf no matter how badly you want him to be nerfed.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Are all new champs that aren’t dimensional beings or mystic champs also an indirect nerf as well? Danger sense doesn’t just work on villains

I see what you are doing there. But you know very well that Sabertooth and these 2 should have been villains. By the way I am not complaining. I knew they would nerf him and/or design content around him. I just thought they would wait until the end of the summer to do it. You will see way less villains being introduced and them tagging them inappropriately is their solution to balancing a widely owned and somewhat OP champ.
    Rektor wrote: »

Blade doesn’t get danger sense on villains by himself, so by no definition is it a blade nerf no matter how badly you want him to be nerfed.

Ok so they are nerfing the reach of danger sense with synergies. That is still a nerf. Not sure how you could honestly believe otherwise.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Because we need more champs that Blade can’t stomp

Ok so they are nerfing the reach of danger sense with synergies. That is still a nerf. Not sure how you could honestly believe otherwise.

Danger sense still works exactly the same.

Thanos’ army is an accurate tag. And blade will still shred these 2 champs, but not as easily as GR and spark will.

• That’s why I’m glad to have the black order on another marvel game

Thanos’ army is an accurate tag. And blade will still shred these 2 champs, but not as easily as GR and spark will.

Yeah they can create any tag they want and justify it. However, the only reason they do that is to nerf danger sense.
    screcgf0iq7p.jpeg

@Thatweirdguy here’s a clip from when Sabretooth stopped being a villain in the comics, he reformed after the AXIS/Red Onslaught event. Already explained Proxima and Corvus in previous posts, Kabam followed Marvel comics storylines with those characters. The silent Blade nerf conspiracy is fake news.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Sabretooth has a cup of coffee as a hero after being a villain since the 70s
  • TedFedsTedFeds Posts: 8
    I love making videos. If you want to see some lols on YouTube I’m your guy. I am new to doing the videos but have been playing for a long time and have adapted to the game nicely for those of you out there who need to see some advanced gameplay with standard 4 stars. Channel name is TedFeds if anyone is interested!
    edited April 2018
    @DTMelodicMetal I appreciate the effort and calories you burned finding and posting that panel. Sabertooth is a villain and has been one since his inception.
    Again I do not care that they are choosing to indirectly nerf Blade this way. I knew it was coming and I still R5'd him. I just do not like it being called something other than an indirect Blade nerf when it so obviously is. I get why they did it, Blade needs to be countered but I do not appreciate the ruse.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Would everyone complaining here rather the blade synergy is nerfed instead of some characters being classified other than to the benefit of blade?

In the post 12.0 world I find it extremely dangerous to pin my hopes and dreams on less than a handful of champs to make my gameplay seem better than it is.

Yeah they can create any tag they want and justify it. However, the only reason they do that is to nerf danger sense.

Except danger sense still works as perfectly as it always has 🤷🏻‍♂️
    v94jdtha1znc.png
    9nfye45d8pje.png

12 calories to type 3 words and click twice on google search 😂. I don’t understand the drama about Blade, half the forum wants him nerfed and the other half complains when new champions don’t have tags that affect him indirectly, Ghost Rider is the real victim here.

Blade is arguably the best champion in the game when paired with Sparky and Ghost Rider, especially in AW which currently has the game’s best rewards. If you need Blade to counter everything to enjoy MCOC you might have more fun playing a different game.
  • zackb213zackb213 Posts: 84
    edited April 2018
    It’s Kabam’s way of nerfing blade without changing anything

I agree it does. The tags nerf the reach of danger sense. Again, not complaining. I've played this game since 5 months into release. I know how Kabam operates and knew that Blade would get hit. Just started quicker than I anticipated.
    A champ being a villain or a hero is all about perspective anyway.

I agree it does. The tags nerf the reach of danger sense. Again, not complaining. I've played this game since 5 months into release. I know how Kabam operates and knew that Blade would get hit. Just started quicker than I anticipated.

Blade is exactly the same as always. The problem is you’re assuming blade is supposed to be the answer to everything.

GR when paired with Blade will still get every judgment on them and will crush them both.

There’s really nothing to see here.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I guess lucky for everyone Kabam has decided to make obtaining these new champs pretty unlikely so it won’t even matter much for a while other than the shrinking pool of spenders.

Blade is exactly the same as always. The problem is you’re assuming blade is supposed to be the answer to everything.

GR when paired with Blade will still get every judgment on them and will crush them both.

I didn't say Blade was changed. I'm not sure why you think that. They are designing content around him. These new tags are specifically designed to be a war on Blade. I do not think he should be the answer to everything. I knew they would design content around him. I don't know why people are denying what this really is. It is quite puzzling.

I didn't say Blade was changed. I'm not sure why you think that. They are designing content around him. These new tags are specifically designed to be a war on Blade. I do not think he should be the answer to everything. I knew they would design content around him. I don't know why people are denying what this really is. It is quite puzzling.

What’s puzzling is someone who spammed for a blade nerf pretending that a non-nerf is a nerf just bc they want to be right when they’re wrong.

The only way something like this could be a war on blade is if blade is complete trash without danger sense. And if that’s the case then he must be a pretty balanced champ if he’s useless without danger sense. Balanced champs have no need to be re-balanced, therefore a war on them would never occur.

Blade and his synergy partners will destroy these champs. Only someone who relies on blade as the answer to everything would think that not having danger sense against them matters one bit. They both bleed. GR has advantage and gets every judgment. And spark destroys everything.

Better luck next time
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    No one is saying these tags are going to render Blade useless, they’re just tailoring new content to prevent Blade steamrolling through it like he has been.

When Thor was armour breaking everyone to oblivion Kabam introduced safeguard as a counter and when we had team taking no block damage Kabam started introducing abilities and nodes to reduce block proficiency. This is the same.

Will it make Blade useless? No. But that’s not an argument anyone is making.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    LOL to all the disingenuous people here claiming this was NOT done to prevent danger sense Blade from smashing through these champs.

Is it a "nerf" of Blade? No

It is however another shady move in my opinion.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    You either die a hero,or live long enough to see yourself become a villian