**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Five Star Arena Infinite Streak

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
vx0ray9thlpi.png
5xubuncaqld2.png

Does anyone know how the infinite streak in 5* arena differs from 4* featured arena? The above matchups happened while keeping a PI of 9K+, trying to figure out what factors lead to facing r5* r4 and 6* r opponents when using 4* r3 champions after the infinite streak has started.

Comments

• Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    I hate that arena..
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Just keep to 4/40 and above
  • Options
    Atleast you won them all... and points are good from harder matchup
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Those matchups don’t happen often, I wouldn’t have scored top 150 last round if I’d stuck with 4/40+ champions. More points are always good but it’s easy to get screwed when you go up against 4/55 champs like Magik with 3/30s. I’ll try asking on other social media forums, doesn’t seem like anyone on here knows how the 5* arena streak works quite yet.
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265

Those matchups don’t happen often, I wouldn’t have scored top 150 last round if I’d stuck with 4/40+ champions. More points are always good but it’s easy to get screwed when you go up against 4/55 champs like Magik with 3/30s. I’ll try asking on other social media forums, doesn’t seem like anyone on here knows how the 5* arena streak works quite yet.

He just told you. 4/40 and above. If you are using 3/30 and not always getting death match, then some of your teams must be just on the threshold, where some of your teams are strong enough not to get death match but others are too weak.
  • Options
    Jay_Ibero wrote: »

He just told you. 4/40 and above. If you are using 3/30 and not always getting death match, then some of your teams must be just on the threshold, where some of your teams are strong enough not to get death match but others are too weak.

Exactly....
    3/30 can work... but can also fail...
    I am not sure exactly where the threshold is but if you keep to 4/40 it will not happen. If you use 3/30 it may happen.

Or try 1 x 4/40 amd 2 x 3/30 that may be the key to aboidong deatmatch whilst still being able to utalize your 3/30’s

Sorry @DTMelodicMetal that you did not like my answer but it is a correct answer.
    People dont always like the truth
  • Options
    MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    U need to swap in synergies with lower pi champs. Ur higher pi champs can fight without synergies.
  • Options

Exactly....
    3/30 can work... but can also fail...
    I am not sure exactly where the threshold is but if you keep to 4/40 it will not happen. If you use 3/30 it may happen.

Or try 1 x 4/40 amd 2 x 3/30 that may be the key to aboidong deatmatch whilst still being able to utalize your 3/30’s

Sorry @DTMelodicMetal that you did not like my answer but it is a correct answer.
    People dont always like the truth

If there is a “threshold”, it’s not consistent. I have run teams of 3/30 champions with a PI between 8500-9000 and not gotten death squads 100+ times. Other times I have run teams of 3/30 champions with a PI of 9000-92000 and gotten death squads. In all of these cases my streak was at 30+ wins, and all of my 4* champions are at 3/30+.

Sorry if you took offense to my last comment, I was looking for a definitive answer. I’ll try mixing up 4/40s with 3/30s to further avoid death squads. If I didn’t use my 3/30s last round I wouldn’t have scored 82nd in 5* arena and would not have won 5* Luke Cage. Not using 3/30s is a poor option.
  • Options
    U need to swap in synergies with lower pi champs. Ur higher pi champs can fight without synergies.

Started doing that last round, been working great