**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    Device and Model: iPhone 6

Device Operating System: iOS 11.3

Cellular or WiFi: both

Game Version Installed: 17.2

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: slow fps when fighting, overheating on my phone after few minutes, game slowing down.
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    edited April 2018
    additional issue: sometimes blocking didnt work. and receiving push notification makes game slower and more lagging (i have to use do not disturb mode)
  • Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    Device and Model: iPhone 8+

Device Operating System: iOS 11.2.6

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi

Game Version Installed: 17.2.0

Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: All most all the champs that I have been using (mostly in Arena and AQ) are not moving or my device is not registering the evades and block. Even the AI misses the hit or hits in the air even though my champ is right next to him. Usually the lags increase when I am in game for more than 10-15 mins. I have tried to carry out the steps for troubleshooting iOS but the problems still persist.
  • Device and Model: iPhone 6+
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Per the August 2017 update posted on the forums by Kabam Mike, “The 4th Light attack in a combo should now be able to chain into a Special attack, regardless of AI difficulty”. Unfortunately this is no longer the case. At first it was happening against only 6 star opponents, but recently I have seen it happening against 4 and 5 star opponents.
  • Model: IPhone SE (MLXP2BR/A)
    iOS 11.3 (15E216)
    Cellular data and WiFi
    Game version 17.2
    Game mode: event quest and alliance quest:
    Fail block, unintentional dash or atack
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    Device and Mode Iphone 5S)
    Device Operating System: 10.3.3
    Description of the Issue: late response, can't block or parry game closes with the half life Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Story Quests and Event Quests penalty only Arena I get the chance to redo last match. VERY VERY PISSED ABOUT THAT using units and glory that goes to waste not geting it back VERY VERY VERY PISSED about that. You guys should either reimburse items or remove the penalty this is just robbing my items which im not able to use

FIX THIS MESS ASAP
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Model: IPod Touch 6th Gen
    Version: IOS 11.3
    Game Version: 17.2.0
    Connectivity Method: WiFi
    Game Mode: Event Quests

Keeps on hanging before fights meaning I have to reload the app
  • Rogers888Rogers888 Posts: 18
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Game Mode: The game do not start or just stop after starting
    Description of the Issue: from one and half month now, i have been facing network problem that prevent me from login. It started one and half mont after the update until today. Last month sometimes the massage goes when i plugin the power cable but that do not work anymore now.
    I live in UAE and use wifi.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Device and Model: iPhone 8

Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: Champions often just stand there when trying to evade back, dash in, etc. Mostly happening (or mostly noticing) in AW and AQ.
  • pRieStpRieSt Posts: 9
    edited April 2018
    iPhone 5S

Heating and Lags after 20 Arena games
    Lags very badly in the Event Quest after 2 or 3 kills

I specifically don't remember when it started lagging and heating but from last 1 month, there is a huge problem with iPhone.
  • Device and Model: iPad Air
    Device Operating System: 11.3
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest & Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Frame rate drops, unresponsive controls and champions standing still, evades not registering and blocks dropped. Happens often after the new update and it gets so bad that I have to close the game.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: General lag & Arena lag. Every time the fight starts it froze for a couple of secs. It also lags most of the time considering Im have a very high-speed data. Gigabit connection from Verizon.
  • EchEch Posts: 14
    Device and Model: iPhoneX
    Cellular or WiFi: Both 100mbit fiber connection and 3G/4G
    Game Mode: Mostly in Alliance Quest but over all every game mode
    Description of the Issue: Lag when entering fights, lag when AI use their SPs/heavy or general atks, effected any champ I use
  • KaptinPlanetKaptinPlanet Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6S
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Mode: All game modes (AQ, AW, Arena, Quest)
    Description of the Issue: General lag. My champions were either not responding with the same speed as normal (parrying/using dexterity) and had speed issues with basic offensive fighting mechanics (I got partied A LOT, and I rarely ever get parried in arena). Also, the game slows down way too much and becomes unresponsive
  • BznetBznet Posts: 18
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Alliance Quest & Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: The frame rate will quickly and suddenly drop and the controls stop working. My character is left standing idol at times and leaves me open to attack by the AI, my combos will stop after 4 hits and my champ will just stand there unresponsive or parry just won't work this happens quite often in a day. Since update 17.2 the use of specials attacks is sporadic, my character will block or stand idol instead of performing the intended special attack. on occasion character will perform short punches instead of dashing toward opponents It seems more prevalent in the event quests, AW & AQ.

I always make sure: there's no other background apps running, my internet cache is clear, have plenty of storage, my screen is clean and a hard reset once a week and these problems still persist.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s+
    Device OS: 11.2.6
    Game Version installed: 17.2
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest, Alliance War
    Description of issue: While I see laggy controls occasionally in other modes, my main issues occur during timed fights (i.e. AQ and AW). Dashing back (evade) sees reduced distance, and multiple dash backs can be hit-or-miss. Sometimes, I can do two or three consecutive dash backs, other times, it stalls and my champ stands still after the first or second dash backwards. Parry timing seems different in these modes as well, and seems to have a far smaller "window" in which a parry is registered. Additionally, I see issues when trying to chain a special to basic attacks. Occasionally, a correct timing (4-hit combo with the "5th" hit special attack activation) will either result in a blocked special (this happened several times today during a fight with MS in AQ with Hulk) or just not launching the special at all. In the case where the special will not launch at all, it doesn't drain power - it just doesn't register the keypress). Finally, I'm seeing way more whiffs on basic attacks than I've ever seen at any time. While I'm aware of the notice that blind champs will occasionally miss an attack, I'm not sure why a non-blind champ would whiff. I see this in ALL modes. For instance, during AQ while fighting a sentinel with Iceman, he seems to whiff during one of the light attacks, and his 4th hit is the ender that adds separation to the fighters. If you're expecting a normal 5 hit combo, this is a bit jarring as the attack that adds separation also provides the opponent an opportunity to counter.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Device: iPhone 6s - iOS 10.2.1 and iPhone 8Plus

Biggest issue for me on the above device is the game force closes on it's own. I do not get a connection warning or anything, it just closes to the home screen of the phone.

Device and Model: iPhone 6S and iPhone 8Plus Device Operating System: 10.2.1 and 11.0.2 Cellular or WiFi: Both Game Version Installed: 17.2 Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: THE FOLLOWING HAPPENS ON BOTH PHONES
    -Biggest issue for me is the game force closes. No connection warning or anything, it happens instantly. I can be on a loading screen or in the middle of a fight. Happens multiple times every day. This seems to happen more often on the iPhone 6S
    -Unwanted Heavies
    -Champs freezing after performing a stun and when trying to follow with a heavy attack. Champ will just stand there.
    -Champs freezing for no reason, screen becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.
    -Lag very noticeable on specials, especially when trying to hit the special button.
  • iPhone 6S
    iOS 11.3
    Cellular and WiFi
    Terrible lag, and overheating, in Arena. Champions become unresponsive and blocks dropped, combos were not completed, streaks have been lost as a result.

I am a heavy arena grinder and the post 17.2.0 experience has been a very unpleasant one.
  • SjyeppersSjyeppers Posts: 7
    Device and Model: iPhone 6Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: I use AT&T but it also happens when I'm on WiFi. My internet service provider is AT&T
    Game Mode: All game modes, story, event quest, AQ, AW, Arena.
    Description of the Issue:

I can play for about 10 minutes and it's great. Then I start getting a bit lower framerate but nothing that really messes me up. Then I notice the phone gets really warm and it will just get frozen for a second or two. This is a minor annoyance when navigating the menus but during an AW fight it's almost a guaranteed fight loss because you don't know when it's going to un-freeze. I can usually play for about 10 more minutes before it starts getting too laggy/choppy to play. If I exit out of the game and set the phone down for about 5 minutes, it will then be fine for another 5-10 minutes of play. If I wait about 30 minutes then it can last the full 20 minutes.

Sometimes it will just stay frozen and I have to hit the home button twice (it won't respond so I wait another minute or so) then it goes to the screen that displays all the running apps, if I then click on MCOC it goes back in and it will run again.

I've adjusted my AQ and AW schedule and play times to be during the high responsive moments. I get the biggest impact in Arena. I can't sit down and grind for 3 hours straight anymore.

This may be mostly caused by iOS 11.3 on an iPhone 6Plus. The over heating and choppy performance happens on Starwars Galaxy of Heroes and Marvel Strike force. Bad performance is much easier to deal with on those games because they don't require any real skill or timing. I can usually play about 30 minutes on those games before I have to set the phone down.
  • BigPun320BigPun320 Posts: 9
    Device and Model: iPad 4th generation
    Device Operating System: iOS 10.3.3
    Game Mode: AQ, Arena (most frequent occurrence), Quests
    Description of issue: Game performance begins to deteriorate 10-15mins after launching the game; begin to experience lag, dropped frames, delayed response by champs to controls especially when launching special attacks, and sometimes general unresponsiveness of the power button, delayed speed and reaction with regards to basic offensive and defensive mechanics (parry and dexterity; When swiping back for dexterity, champs do not respond on time and remain blocking), also the inability to dash back after a finishing a combo with a medium attack (there is often a split second where my champs appear to freeze after this attack, most notably with Gwenpool and the large characters such as Dormammu), and coupled with increased enemy AI speeds, I end up being hit before my champs regain responsiveness. I have also experienced frequent game crashes, it used to be usually around 30mins into the game, but has since become erratic; the game just suddenly freezes, then crashes. This last one was very much less frequent in the last patch, and is really the most annoying one.

There are no issues however with overheating, but minor issues with battery consumption.
  • Device/Model: iPhone X
    Device OS: iOS 11.3
    Cellular/WiFi: both
    Game Version: latest
    Game Mode: All
    Description:
    - connection dropping almost every time my data/transfer rate goes slow
    - champs will suddenly stop hitting mid-combo and just stand idle for about a second
    - occasional display errors in the arena showing the match-up but without the ranks/levels/stars
    - frame drops after 5-7 minutes of continuous arena fights
    - dash back instead of heavy or heavy instead of dash attack

• Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Game Version Installed: Most current
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot. Experience frame rate dropping. Extreme load times. Sometime a fight won't even load at all.
  • IPad Air 2 Wifi only.
    iOS 11.3
    Latest game version (17.2).

Since last game update (17.2):
    -I’ve been experiencing lags, mostly during AQ, but happens everywhere.
    -Sometimes the champ starts moving by itself (stops responding for a brief time).
    -Defenders blocking especials too frequently, i think my champs are slower than AI champs.
    -When fighting Cable his heavy attack comes with lag, only the first time he uses, but its annoying.
  • SianKitSianKit Posts: 7
    Device and Model: iPhone 6+
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi & Cellular
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, EQ, Arena (basically any fight after a certain passage of time has passed in the game)

Description of the Issue:
    After spending around 5 mins into the game the device becomes very hot and there are a lot of frame rate drops
    I have experienced the issue where my champ would not attack at times (recently in the EQ - 3.1 Master Glave vs my 5* R3 GR)
    I have to keep restarting the game every 5-7 mins if I don't want to experience any lag or before important fights in Alliance events
    Dashbacks when trying to parry sometimes and sometimes blocks are just broken
    Champs stop attacking mid combo
  • WilbrickWilbrick Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: It happens virtually all the time.
    Game Version Installed: The game is up to date.
    Game Mode: Story quests, mostly.
    Description of the Issue: There's generally a lot of lag and freezing within fights, and sometimes on the quest map as well. When I tap a space to move to, it usually freezes for a couple seconds, then jumpily progresses to the next fight, then freezes a bit on the loading screen (which extends it to 10-20 seconds in/out per fight), and then during fights, usually whenever I land a hit, the game either freezes or lags a lot more.
  • Myxkidz77Myxkidz77 Posts: 78
    Both my iPhone 6plus crashed playing this game due to over heating after artificial intelligence was introduced. Now on iPhone 7plus and new update brought back same issues of extreme over heating.game was working better than usual before last update. Phone is up to date. game as well, no other apps running. Phone gets so hot parry and evade stop working blocks get dropped and you die. Or game lags so bad you don’t even see your attacker until there 5 hits in on you. I’ve been a solid player for 3 years and the past year has been a nightmare in act 5 and war and quest. If you are planning on fixing these addresses that’d be effing sweet!
This discussion has been closed.