**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
    Device and Model: (OnePlus 3)
    Device Operating System: (8.0)
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens on both cellular or Wi-Fi
    Game Version Installed: 18.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game loose some frame right while the opponent charges at me so I often end miss the parry timing and get hit. The lags are even more evident in the Labyrinth where this kind of issues are really frustrating. I've fight 90' Ciclope a couple of weeks ago and the game kept lagging before his L1 or meanwhile I was doing a combo and caused me missing the combo and get hit.
  • Killer_BasuKiller_Basu Posts: 27
    Lenevo Vibe K5 plus
    Android 5.1.1
    Both cellular data and wifi
    Mcoc 18.0

Parry doesn't work sometimes.
    When opponent is hitting heavy attack, my champ won't go backwards. Screen goes numb at that time.
    And sometimes my champ rush towards the opponent while hitting specials or heavy attacks.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 201
    Today in AQ is worse ever btw. I filled in stuff earlier but I can't play Aq cos champs just dash forward. What's changed. My WiFi still as good as ever and yesterday was at least doable but today I can't stop them dashing forward. War later, that'll be fun.
    Having looked at months and months of data regarding these "out of control champ" types of performance issues, I have concluded that it appears to be an iOS and Android issue and happens on older and newer phones alike. It also appears to happen on various different makes of phone, some during charging and some not and some with a dirty screen and some not and some because it was being held wrong and some not and some cos of an aspect ratio issue and some not. Also, this started happening a year ago for me but some people have only just experienced it. There you go.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Model: mi note 5
    Os Android: 7.1
    Cellular or WiFi: happens on both
    Game version: latest version
    Game mode: dungeons aq aw arena eq story mode
    Description of issue: parry and evade not working properly, defender is wiffing a lot, not being able to land a proper 5 hit combo, defender blocking specials before specials are even being fired, too much lag, taking minimum 1 minute to load anything in game and many more. Iceman getting over 5% damage when in ice armor.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Since this update I've been experiencing unresponsive controls. At first I thought it was me but now I'm positive it isn't me
    I dash in to attack and after two hits my champ just stops and stands still despite the fact that I'm still tapping
  • ChokerspinChokerspin Posts: 9
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both and 2 different wifi connection (home & work)
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.1
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Game lag between S/M hit to SP 1/2 hit resulting in block/parry by opponent and immediate hits taken = loss of health/life. swipe back on numerous occasions doesn't happen, champ has immediate hits taken = loss of health/life. opponents ignore hit and attack anyway. general lag resulting in slow game play.

Most of these issues have been around for months and months. We keep crying out for fixes but nothing is forth coming. This is not acceptable from the reported #1 Action game.
  • Device and Model: The Razer Phone
    Device Operating System: Oreo 8.1 the issues began after updating to thus
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Current version
    Game Mode: All.
    Description of the Issue: I updated to Oreo 8,1 I get constant fps lag and it is unresponsive it has made the game UNPLAYABLE. However if I turn the screen on and off, the FPS becomes ok, not 60 more like 20-30 and it becomes responsive with a tiny bit of lag but enough to prevent parry from working properly. Also when the champions are running towards eachother at the start their movement is choppy (back and forth). At the same time as updating I also changed some settins on the NOVA launcher which could of been a cause. Please fix this. (in addition to this, but not gamebreaking, I also cannot stay logged in I have to log in again every time I open the game up)
  • ChrisS1506ChrisS1506 Posts: 52
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge+
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, but much more frequently when im off wifi using my unlimited data plan provided by Verizon (even with full signal).
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Alliance Quest, and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: I experience it quite constantly. Also, it really doesn't seem to matter what champs I bring to the fight. But the lag is throwing off my parry and I feel like I'm letting down 29 other people because of bugs you haven't been able to address for your android users for quite some time now.

Please Kabam. I'm honestly not to sound snarky here, but let's just be honest for once - you're making a killing with Marvel's IP. Please hire more developers, support staff, and Beta testers. This is starting to be more a hassle than it's worth. If you didn't have the Marvel roster, this average fighting game would never have been on any of my devices (and I'd imagine about 75 to 90 percent of the other people who installed the game would tend to agree with me.

I'm begging you. Please. Reinvest your profits you've made from selling crazy amounts of units and GMFC to players. Just fix the bugs. I don't REALLY care if you can't add any new content for the next 6 months if that means you're able to comb through what must be incredibly fragmented code at this point. If you do so, and somehow get this potentially amazing game working equally for both Apple and Google, I truly believe the sky's the limit for your company, and I hope you all realize that and are playing the long game here (which clearly involves not alienating half your fanbase and getting them back into your (semi) good graces....heck, just give 50 legend title for the fastest on iOS and the 50 fastest on Android. That would be a good start so half us righly feel we have an actual chance to compete with those on devices where the game natively runs much faster.

For the love that all of us players have for the heroes depicted in your game _ please, don't blow all the good will you've created. Please.

Sincerely,

Nate Johnson

Well said!!
  • Khalid_eftyKhalid_efty Posts: 21
    Device and Model: One plus 3
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: When I was playing in blade arena my wifi connection were lost for a minute.Then after my wifi was enabled I couldn't enter into the blade arena anymore.The fight I was doing before the connection lost is there and if I press continue appears "it looks like there was an error.please try again in a moment" and it takes me out of blade arena.I have been experiencing this problem for 5 hours now.6qpp6t3nr37x.jpg
    uusxil89z8lm.jpg
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    samsung s8+
    lastest os
    lastest version of mcoc
    all modes
    all champs

-still lots of lag
    -evading after specials dont work
    -double dash back doesnt work
    -using a special while in an AI combo doesnt work
    -aw and aq still has lag
    -dropped blocks still happening
    -parry very inconsistent

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!
  • 1982richard1982richard Posts: 32
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both (Vodafone user)
    Game Mode: Any (arena, story/monthly quests, AQ/AQ, LOL, any daily quest, etc)
    Issue: Game is stuck after choosing annything in the menu (fight,store, crystals etc) The game is juist freezing. Tried to remove and install again...and just the same. It started after ending aw yesterday. We are still waiting die the rewards! Maybe it is related....?
  • KhensiKhensi Posts: 10
    Game is worked fine. After recent maitance had kabam i just have a issue.( wen i close me phone for charge and wen is done i open phone and try enter game is show black scren even marvel logon won't show again animore and i need reinstall game again for work but is work will if me phone is open if i close phone for and try again same is shos black screen. Fix this issue please im very loial to this game. Also ad graphic option for low, normal. medium and hig some ppl say is not work well if no ad this option.
    All 3 fights in arena were weird. Did medium or light then champ pulled back to first part of heavy and stayed there. Could even take hands away. Either it eventually performed the heavy or I got hit til I could throw a special.
    WiFi
    android 7.0
    galaxy tab 2
    Gameup to date.
  • NickBates10NickBates10 Posts: 59
    Device and Model: Sony Xperia Z5 compact
    Device Operating System: Andriod version 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Typically on data (Vodafone)
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.1
    Game Mode: All game modes war, AQ story quests
    Description of the Issue: Game is becoming unplayable, very long loading screens before fights and switching screens, character moving slowly from one node to another, game play slow and laggy so you can't control your champ properly. Please look to improve these things for Android users.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Device and Model: Sony Xperia Z5 compact
    Device Operating System: Andriod version 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Typically on data (Vodafone)
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.1
    Game Mode: All game modes war, AQ story quests
    Description of the Issue: Game is becoming unplayable, very long loading screens before fights and switching screens, character moving slowly from one node to another, game play slow and laggy so you can't control your champ properly. Please look to improve these things for Android users.

Good glad i aint the only one annoyed by the long loading screen lol
  • Gintoki_Gintoki_ Posts: 22
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2 xl
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Game Mode: In all modes
    Description of the Issue: Parry has been delayed/glitched - SP after combo is delayed and blocked by enemy- 5 combo hits doesnt always hit on 5th. Holding block and trying to slight back work intermittently
  • Silas1996Silas1996 Posts: 22
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
    Version 6.0
    I experienced parry missing and when i use dexerity player instead go heavy . Dexerity doesn't work consistently
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    edited May 2018
    I already filed my tech specs in here. Just wanted to tell you that in the first week of may the game was running quite smoothly. The last 2 weeks have been terrible!!!
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    loss of control of champs , to the point where is almost unplayable
    Samsung Galaxy S8 plus
    model sm-g955u
    Android version 8
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
    Device Operating System: 8.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Any of them
    Description of the Issue: Will be in the middle of a fight and suddenly the fps drops dramatically, cannot control character at all. attempt to move backwards to avoid a hit, or block or even strike, but as fps is so low I am unable to control character which means character does nothing execpt be a punching bag.
  • abiew78abiew78 Posts: 20
    Device and Model: Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Alliance Quest

Block dropping in middle of combo. When this happens, heavy attack also affected. Light attacks registered instead of heavy

I'm still playing to complete AW season 2 for my alliance. I'm considering to quite after the war season. Thanks
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Moto e4 & Moto e4 plus & more
    WiFi and Data 4g lte
    Versions 5-7.1.1

Been having all kinds of issues on and off since 12.0, and it's been happening with many different phones, and versions.

Things like.

Lag in the beginning of the fight
    Choppy animation in the beginning of the fight
    Random slowdowns throughout the fight
    Inputs not registering forward or block
    Champions charging forward randomly
    Champions moving backwards randomly
    Champions firing off random attacks
    Champions firing off random heavies
    Champions firing off random specials
    Specials not working or not working properly
    Refusing to block
    Dropped blocks or getting blown through
    Getting stuck in block
    Not moving after a block
    Not moving after a special

Not to mention all of the issues there are with the enemy ai which can turn godlike and just destroy you and evade or block everything and read and react a million times faster than us.

Which makes some fights a buggy frustrating unfair mess that makes you want to break your phone or stop playing or quit in general especially when you factor in some of the responses we get from the administrators and support.

I get that some of these take time to fix but some of these have been going in for far too long and have languished and ignored for months if not years.

Despite being under investigation forever with tons of evidence provided by us and tons of money you make from us should make it easier to fix and these are just the combat related buggs and issues that I've been experiencing not the all of them.

I just wish for this game to work like it used to work, the gameplay and stability have gone down hill and I'm holding on to a faint Ray of hope that that it will get better, that they will take the game down for an extended period of time and squash all these buggs and issues and upgrade and improve the servers before it gets past the point of no return, before another player boycott before another mass Exodus.

This discussion has been closed.