**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Yondu supposed to shrug off parry?

MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Yondu in master EQ is not being stunned by my parry. I looked thru his abilities, and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me about him being able to do that.

Comments

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited June 2017
    When you parry him, is he using the Yaka arrow to attack? If so, it counts as a projectile/ranged attack, so he doesn't get stunned.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    If that's the case we shouldn't get parry text... just sayin
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    If that's the case we shouldn't get parry text... just sayin

Ranged attacks can be parried (but can't be parry "stunned")
    E.g. you can parry Storm's L2 to reduce damage but you won't stun her
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I opened the battle with a parry by holding block. The text Parry appeared and he kept right on attacking me. Is that supposed to happen???
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Yes it is working how it should be. His light attack is a projectile. Projectiles can be parried. The stun only applies when it's a basic, non projectile attack.

People often assume a parry automatically equals a stun. That's not the case. You can parry a regular attack on a stun immune node as well.
    Born wrote: »
    Yes it is working how it should be. His light attack is a projectile. Projectiles can be parried. The stun only applies when it's a basic, non projectile attack.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. I dont have him and so I didnt realize his light attack was a projectile. That makes sense tho. It sucks bung. The day I fight him in an AW is the day I rage quit this game.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. I dont have him and so I didnt realize his light attack was a projectile. That makes sense tho. It sucks bung. The day I fight him in an AW is the day I rage quit this game.

For the most part you can work around it. He will only light attack if you are close together and he starts attacking. You can dash back off the start instead of going for the parry. Then time a parry when he is rushing at you as that will be a medium attack.
  • JarekJarek Posts: 64
    Yondu is op as hell, making bleed thru block, no parry...
    MSRDLD wrote: »

For the most part you can work around it. He will only light attack if you are close together and he starts attacking. You can dash back off the start instead of going for the parry. Then time a parry when he is rushing at you as that will be a medium attack.

Thanks, will definitely try this.
    Jarek wrote: »
    Yondu is op as hell, making bleed thru block, no parry...

He is a bit OP. The fact that his "light" attack is a projectile is plain lunacy. I mean if his light attack is going to be a projectile, then why not let Punisher just stand there, whip out his guns, and blast his opponents away? They want to bring some balance to this game, then let us have Spiderman stand there and web our opponent to death with light attacks, or bring in Cyclops and fry our opponents with his beams.