**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Sparky a Glass Cannon Champ?

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
I had seen posts about how amazing Sparky is, but also how fragile he is. After pulling him as a 5*, I definitely like him, but also feel he is a squishy champ. What do you think?

Is Sparky a Glass Cannon Champ? 110 votes

Yes, but it doesn't matter because he is so good
83%
ArcDeAngelusMadman_marvinShadTheMantlhMattyloWARICK99RagamugginGunnerAlex_sc11danielmathSnakeEyes69ShrimkinsAlfa_PigeonLeNoirFaineantJaffacakedHaji_SaabWorld EaterA_Noob_Is1Animejay70Ajavedstak 92 votes
No, he's not a squishy champ
16%
RektorChadhoganDrOctavius2_2Hulk_77OllyoxenfreeRazalguulApocalypse189adqqedfyvrFoxhero007ZzzRedRoosterNemesis666AKTEKSpiderCoolscx23433PaytoPlayVoltolosEpicLord549 18 votes

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    He is a glass cannon champion, but that doesn't make him a bad champion.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    @will-o-wisp

Yeah, I'm going to take him to R4. I just have noticed how flimsy he feels compared to my other R3 5* and am a little disappointed by that. He is really good overall though. Just feels sorta like Rocket in the sense of his low health, fragile champ feel.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    @will-o-wisp

Yeah, I'm going to take him to R4. I just have noticed how flimsy he feels compared to my other R3 5* and am a little disappointed by that. He is really good overall though. Just feels sorta like Rocket in the sense of his low health, fragile champ feel.

you're not wrong. It's a different fighting style. With rocket, you have to evade because any hit will hurt you bad. Sparky you evade because any hit will hurt you bad, but it also builds your damage. 11 times out of 10 you want to evade instead of parry with him
    edited April 2018
    @Primmer79

Definitely. I've found its sometimes hard to get him to evade just right because it seems like the champs have to get a lot closer than normal before swiping back for it to be considered an evade. I have also noticed the taunts dont occur from a 5 hit combo without a break, but every 5 hits, even if you split it up in like 3 hits then 2 more hits. Sorta wish it was 5 hits straight so you could better control his evade charges
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I think he is. Especially when evading is basically how you build damage and that when Duped once he’s below 50% you lose a lot of Crit rating and evade uncontrollably
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    He is pretty much the definition of glass cannon.
    One of lowest health pools in game... and it does matter
  • TheRealmKeeperTheRealmKeeper Posts: 213
    Yes, but he has mechanics and a play style to keep him from getting hit or taking block damage in the first place.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Spark strength: highest combo of base attack and crit rate in the game, damage over time that has no immunity against it, double damage over time against robots

Spark abilities: auto evade, chain stun, reduce opponent attack rating, auto bait specials, reduce ability accuracy, prevent passive evade, power drain

A glass cannon is an attacker with extreme power and little health and no other major utility.

Spark is an attacker with extreme power and exceptional utility. That’s why he’s the best champ in the game.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    SESM is a great attacker but he is very frail. Mediocre block proficiency does not help things.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I think his auto evade and attack increase from evades makes up for lack of hp. I wouldn’t call him glass cannon unless you are trying to get hit.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    I guess he might be looked at as a glass cannon but sparky is built to evade and ramp up his damage when you get used to using him you don't get hit
    edited April 2018
    I'm enjoying everyone's insight. I'm a decent player. Became Uncollected without too much effort and completed Act 5 with only 4*. Now I have 3 R4 5* and will take Sparky up to R4. I like him, and I understand you don't want any champ to get hit. I mean, when you are fighting champs with 11k base attack of course you can't afford to get hit with almost any champ. 😂 Sparky does seem rather fragile in comparison, but since he has some fantastic usage he is a great champ. I still think I prefer my R4 Gwenpool probably for most fights. She is so fun to use. If a champ bleeds it's awesome to watch their health melt away! But all my top 5* have their place, so I'm happy! Thanks for the input guys and gals!
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Sparky is definitely a glass cannon, but his abilities help mitigate any damage he might take. In addition to auto evade, his taunt is also a really strong weakness and will decrease the damage taken if you slip up and get hit