**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The problem with dormamu and Voodoo’s power burn

Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
I found there’s a problem with the power burn system with these 2 characters as the damage does not change no matter what rarity or rank. A Dormammu does about 300 damage as a rank 1 3 star but my 4:40 does the same also with voodoo while his power burn is nice at any level it’s a tad bit op at lower levels and a bit underwhelming at higher levels

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It’s based on the power drained I’m assuming, having said that pretty sure vision special attacks get increased damage and they’re power burn effects
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t want it to be too op but dormamus power burn does less damage than a light attack
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    Not when imbued
    It only does that damage when he’s imbued which is annoying as you will be playing and you’ll waste the imbued for 300 damage
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    It only does that damage when he’s imbued which is annoying as you will be playing and you’ll waste the imbued for 300 damage

Not if you chain into a sp2. Get imbued, finish with a medium getting the power burn, go straight into a sp2 and you’ll still get the power drain on top of the power lock. So you get both imbued effects rather than just one.
    It doesn’t work you can’t use your imbued straight after the last medium to get it for some reason
    But anyway for a rank 5 4 star 300 damage seems way to little
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    It doesn’t work you can’t use your imbued straight after the last medium to get it for some reason

It does, I do it pretty much every time I use him. I see it as a little bonus for your sp2, he’s not really supposed to be a damage dealer anyway. All about the utility and power control. The sp2 won’t drain power though if you become imbued from the medium you just ended with. You need to already be imbued at the start of the combo.
    https://youtu.be/ZjEo2TRLcLs
    Oh that’s nice but I think it’s should scale
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Power burn doesn’t scale well because it indirect damage like the reason vision doesn’t get 400% attack when on a flare node with his offensive special
    I’d like to revive this thread to see if we could get an answer as to why some champs power burn damage scales and others doesnt