**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This month's event quest. Is it fair?

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
I'm curious to know who finished it because I know that some have finished it but at what cost?
And also do you think this month is fair?

Last month was the first uncollected I have not finished in months although I was still able to complete it by killing guillotine once.
But this month there is only 1 path that is nearly impossible to finish and if you don't finish it you can't even get rewards for completion!

In my opinion it isn't fair at all and just a rip off move but wanted to know what others think.

Fair or rip off?

Comments

• IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    ob3vwjv0467d.png
    w5csynewxlji.png
    I enjoyed it.. Seeing the rewards all stack up on screen together was nice (100% other chapters before taking Thanos on)
    The one line was pretty awesome..
    Personally I would have preferred taking on his army (Having all the unnamed ect, on the line leading up to him) and only fought him once..
    But still really enjoyable to be honest..
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    best fight in the game. get better.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I think it was fine. Kabam changed it up this month to make sure it was still fair. Thanos is meant to be probably the most difficult fight in the game and the fact that you only have to kill him one time instead of 7 (like Guilly) makes it feel like an actual boss fight. Secondly, considering there are no fights leading up to the boss and it only costs 15 energy, it means you can practice as much as you want till you get there. Personally would rather have something like this rather than fighting Guillotine 7 times
    While I agree with some of your post, you have to kill him twice... not once.

And, on top of that, you have to get both boss kills in one shot, with a single team.

It are two different Thanosses, who you both have to kill once. So I disagree with you on this.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Unlike other bosses you can practice on Thanos. There aren’t any fights before the boss so you can go in, practice and back out. Personally I enjoyed the fight b/c it takes strategy to take him down. The rewards are fine, UC even quest is the only place to get T5B, 6* shards outside of finishing in master - gold 1 in war or Act 5.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    They/Kabam tried something different. A new sort of end boss, which has different phases with unique abilities and a whole new set of specials. All of which can be countered with skill. You’re not hoping, praying, wishing that the rng-gods or goddesses bring you good fortune. It’s all through practise, studying him and learning that you can beat him.

I used items, couple of single revives and 2 team revives. Why? Cuz I screwed up, I didn’t evade the right glowing orb thingy from his 2nd special (which was the hardest phase imo) and because nerves got the better of me when he was at 1% health left (he had 717 health when I started the final fight). But when he went down, I was like “yessssss!!” It was like beating General Raam from Gears Of War 1 for the first time (damn that was a tough boss).

It was a fun learning experience for me, so would I call it fair? Sure. Especially given the fact that you have a whole month to go for it.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    It's just one of those fights that you have to study up on. Watch other youtubers fail against him and learn from their mistakes. Know what to do in each phase. Maybe write it down on a notepad and just pause the game when a new phase triggers and read your notes on what to do in that specific phase.

I got him down in Uncollected with 30 minutes prep work and no items used (except boosts). I did have a team of 5/65 and 4/55's though.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    It’s fair. It’s ok for content to be challenging and something not everyone can clear. Thanos is a creative challenge and should be difficult. It’s THANOS!!!
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    yup, totally "FAIR" (whatever that means) and hella fun.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    It was by far the best boss fight yet. As far as cost.. I had 2 arms and 2 legs before 100%, now I just have 1 arm.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    At a high level, it appears that you need to invest the same amount of effort (and units) to beat essentially an Act 6 boss in Thanos twice that you had to do in order to beat Guilly 7 times.

I do agree with the OP that I'm not particularly comfortable combining explore and completion. I could complete last months, but could not explore. This month, you have to explore to get completion.

Using energy costs (units to buy refills) is not a valid metric because not everyone blasts through it in the first few days. I just keep my timer running, go as I get the energy, and it ends up taking me a little over 3 weeks to explore everything (Beginner through Uncollected). So in that regard, my energy costs are zero and haven't "saved" anything.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I wiped a few times beforehand when I just went straight to the fight without any prep. He really isn't that bad if you just watch a vid explaining his mechanics.

Watched one vid on him before I went into the fight so I was familiar with his mechanics. I just stacked #Avengers and tore through Thanos. Was a little slow here and there, became lazy and stopped paying attention a few times, and ended up buying 1 team revive.

• FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    nobody care about average players (or so called "noobs", me inclusive). how to beat Thanos, how many units to spend, what to do if I don't have "right" champs... Important whales are feeded and happy. nice work, kabamoids!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Loved it. Took some practice but no big deal with only one path.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Does IM boss having kinectic reactor+power gain 100% considered to be fair????
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If the chapter one boss is unfair...
  • TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    Strategic wrote: »
    Davyb18 wrote: »
    But is still a hard boss for a monthly quest should have been an act 6 boss

Exactly! When an event quest boss is harder than any other boss in the game including act 5 you should know something is seriously stupid! Especially when the rewards are exactly the same!

If you really think that thanos is the hardest fight in the game or more unfair than anything in the game i'm assuming you haven't fought the collector yet because thanos can be solo'd or at least 2 shot with 4 stars and not even god tier ones while the collector is just random with specials you cannot evade
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Fair
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

Exactly! When an event quest boss is harder than any other boss in the game including act 5 you should know something is seriously stupid! Especially when the rewards are exactly the same!

If you really think that thanos is the hardest fight in the game or more unfair than anything in the game i'm assuming you haven't fought the collector yet because thanos can be solo'd or at least 2 shot with 4 stars and not even god tier ones while the collector is just random with specials you cannot evade

Actually I have a few champs I'd like to tet on the collector that might make him very easy to deal with. But Thanos have no such counters.
  • cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111
    it was ok
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Its not that bad, if you watch seatin video... then u know the tricks to beating him.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

Actually I have a few champs I'd like to tet on the collector that might make him very easy to deal with. But Thanos have no such counters.

There are counters to Thanos... you can one shot him unlike the collector....