**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unable to chain Voodoo's SP2 with combo [Under Investigation]

BhageeraBhageera Posts: 10
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Lately I have been unable to chain Voodoo's SP2 with a 5 hit combo. It happens rarely ~ 10% of the times.

Actual Behavior: Opponent blocks the SP2.
Expected Behavior: Should be able to chain a special with a combo if you are ending the combo with a medium attack and fire off the special instantly.
Game Mode : Story Quest, AW (Do not use him in any other mode so cannot comment on them)
Device : iPhone 6S
OS Version : iOS 11.2.1
Champions against whom I was able to see this behavior : Hulk, Venom
Additional notes : The 10% probability is increased to about 20% when the opponent is backed against the wall.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Same here. I agree it doesn't happen regularly, but when it happens when attempting Act 5.4 exploration once is all it takes for a duped 4/55 Voddo at close to full health to be KO.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there. I just did some testing and wasn't able to reproduce this. @DTMelodicMetal, can you let me know what device you're using as well? Thanks!
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey there. I just did some testing and wasn't able to reproduce this. @DTMelodicMetal, can you let me know what device you're using as well? Thanks!

No problem Kabam Wolf, I use an IPhone 7. Like Bhageera said, this issue is inconsistent and does not occur often. It can also be avoided by chaining Dr. Voodoo's sp2 without finishing combos (L-L-L, L-M-L-L, M-L-L-L, etc). The biggest issue for me was when it occurred during Act 5.4 exploration, given the margin for error with content of that difficulty.
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96

You will be able to reproduce this in harder contents like Act 5 and Uncollected Event Quest.

This is all part of the quick recovery AI “Issue”.

I am also having trouble linking Mordo SP2 after 4 hit combo and he sometimes does not block after a 5 hit combo cuz AI will immediately hit me right after the combo.
    @Kabam Wolf It seems like @realiTic might be right. I finished exploring the Age of Sentry event quest on Uncollected within the past 2 days, and Voodoo's sp2 was blocked after finishing a 5-ht combo at least once per run in 3.2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaOT4NaImZc

@Kabam Wolf See the 7:12-7:14 mark of this video for an example of what this post is referring to
  • This happens to me quite often too. It happens to me in AW. Using iPad Mini 4. I do notice it more when opponent is backed against the wall as OP said.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey all. I was able to reproduce this after some more testing, so I went ahead and sent it to the team. Thanks for the extra information!
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Glad this is getting a look, happens occasionally to me as well.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It's not just him though it's a lot of other champions against numerous opponents across numerous devices, models, and operating systems.

It's nice to see the admit that vodoo is getting another look and some of his issues are being fixed but guess we'll see how long they will take since some bugs are months to years old which is just sad
    Dr. Voodoo's sp2 has been bugged since December. In game modes with high difficulty like Uncollected Event Quest and especially Alliance War, the AI is able to prevent chaining Dr. Voodoo's sp2 after combos by blocking/parrying. While forum moderators acknowledged this bug in January, we have not received an update on when it will be fixed. The following moderator comment was taken from a thread (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/251386#Comment_251386) on January 16th:
    Hey all. I was able to reproduce this after some more testing, so I went ahead and sent it to the team. Thanks for the extra information!

Since then Dr. Voodoo's sp2 bug has either gotten worse, or AI recovery time or difficulty has been modified. It used to be possible to avoid this bug by chaining Dr. Voodoo's after a few combo hits instead of full combos, but that is no longer the case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBtCeIeOHQA

The above video was taken from a recent alliance war. The video shows an AW Medusa boss parrying Dr. Voodoo's sp2 after 2 combo hits. Before only full combos weren't safe to use, now all combos are not safe to use.

@Kabam Wolf Have you heard any updates on this since you last said the team would be notified?
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 247
    I noticed this too but I assumed it was that it was player error. Didn’t realize others had it too.
    edited May 2018
    Bump

This bug has gotten worse:

https://youtu.be/bBtCeIeOHQA

Actual Behavior: AI recovery time is exceedingly fast, prevents special attacks from being chained during and after combos
    Expected Behavior: Should be able to chain a special attack both mid-combo and post-combo without the special attack being blocked/parried
    Game Mode : Alliance War, though Dr. Voodoo's sp2 is still blocked after full combos (MLLLM, MLLLL, LLLMM, etc.) in game modes with high difficulty (Alliance War, Uncollected Event Quest, Infinity Dungeons 5 & 6)
    Device : iPhone 7
    OS Version : iOS 11.2.1
    MCOC Version: 18.0.1
    Champions against whom I was able to see this behavior : Medusa (special attack blocked mid-combo), Dormammu/Loki/Iceman/Mephisto/Crossbones/many more (special attack blocked post-combo)
    Additional notes : This bug has become worse, the last update on whether a fix was in the works was nearly 4 months ago
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Has there been any discussion on when Dr. Voodoo's sp2 will be able to be chained during/after combos again?
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    edited May 2018
    yep my mephisto's sp 2 gets blocked during the second part although the first part does succeedn it happens in the monthly quest and in donjons
  • Hey All,

Sorry to keep you waiting on this. We have not received any further updates on this yet, but I will poke the team to ensure that this is brought up again.

Again, sorry for the delay on responding here.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I used a 5/50 Voodoo in Uncollected 2.1 and only failed to chain into an SP2 once vs Beast.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Glad I am not the only one. I love my r4 voodoo, so I see this a bit. I see it with other champs too, but those could be me being bad. Phoenix is hard to chain into. Sparky l1 gets blocked more often than it should. Could all be symptomatic of the AI recovery speed getting faster.
  • SalanicSalanic Posts: 1
    Hey my name is jose
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 240 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Any update on this KABAM? It's been several weeks (and even months). Why is this taking so long?

I just had the same issue happen fighting Carnage in Act 5.1.1 He's so quick now that he can react in between the fifth hit of the combo and the start of the sp2.

It's simply a function of KABAM increasing the AI speed so much in the last several updates. The AI is so fast now many of the animations don't even finish before they're onto the next move. They want to find a solution that keeps things super hard for us but rectifies this single issue, which I don't think they will be able to do.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Maybe Kabam could make Voodoos combo finisher when having 2 bars of power stun for a fraction of a second to give enough time to chain a special but not enough to start another combo
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I can't chain SIM sp2 again
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    Its not just DV it's a lot of champs that r having the same issue
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Speaking of L2 unable to chain into combos, does anybody else remember the huge windup classic/sym spidey used to have on their L2s back in the day?

Good times...
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Logan wrote: »
    Its not just DV it's a lot of champs that r having the same issue

You are correct... The AI recovery time is the overall issue which there's been a thread about it, and other bugs for months now.