**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I Go For the New 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I really like some of the champions in it, but I am not sure if it is worth it for me. I am debating between this and the basic 10k crystal a lot, and I cannot decide. I think I am leaning towards the featured 5* crystal though because of the appealing champions. At this point, I have six rank four 4 stars and six 5 Stars (Blade, Psylocke, Yondu, Sentry, Colossus, Falcon)

Please explain so I can understand what I should do! Thank you!

Should I Go For the New 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal? 74 votes

Yes
47%
MattyloNevvBsfu_koraxbloodyCainadqqedfyvrTerraMasterFlintSiddhantKwatraItempasGreifmaster911SpiritOfVengeanceLt_Magnum_1SceptilemaniacAhitlawzackb213KyleMHzoriCrazyjack719ElitehunterRigal 35 votes
No
41%
RazorDevilEliOrSomethingbuffajrMasterTroller42Solrac_2KawlidgestudentDOKTOROKTOPUSShaheerFIazStingerbkIceBobbyDoonxAsmodeyusxananabananaaWildeCatEmmanuelcoastCeeLeeDeeChampioncriticPaytoPlayAleorAl_AhadHKGN 31 votes
Not Sure
10%
KossukoseAlCapone2727My_SuperiorBahamutAchzrineEthanGamerParfanityMarcothegamer1 8 votes

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Thoughts?
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Yes
    There is much less risk in the featured Crystal than the basic. About 1/2 the champs in the Crystal will be very useful. This includes Sentinel (an AW nightmare), Sabetooth (has persistent furies that give great damage output and a great synergy with KM, which makes Machoism and BPCW useless, Gulk, Killmonger and Morningstar are all very useful for in-game content. The new pool is significantly better than the last one.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    I opened 5 of them today and got old champions. Total trash. Goodluck either way.
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    No
    I say no to the poll but in the very end, my best advice to you is.

Is the champ you want in the featured pool, yes or no?

If Yes, - go for it
    If No, - Save or use multiple base pool

Ex. Dormammu, Mephisto, Magik, Archangel, Stark Enhanced, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Nightcrawler (Base pool and based on what I've heard and experienced about champs that can seriously give you an advantage.)
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    First go through the Basic Pool rating each champion on a scale of 1 to 5 based on how happy you’d be with that pull. Then add up the total rating of the pool and divide it by the total amount of champions in that pool. Do the same for the Featured Pool. Now if the value of the Featured pool is 1.5 times or greater than the basic pool, it’s worth buying the Featured Crystal.

Edit: To me at least.

What's your value of the basic pool?
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    no. save the extra 5k and disappointment
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    No
    There are still a lot of good champs in the basic crystal. I would save the 5k shards.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I think I’m going to go for the featured Crystal. Thank you for all of your advice!
  • CeeLeeDeeCeeLeeDee Posts: 7
    No
    No, Sir. I was asking myself the same thing. But after seeing a big 5* feature opening, total disappointment. The guy open like 10, and got all garbage. The pool is good, but the CHANCE to get the best champions is trash.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    CeeLeeDee wrote: »
    No, Sir. I was asking myself the same thing. But after seeing a big 5* feature opening, total disappointment. The guy open like 10, and got all garbage. The pool is good, but the CHANCE to get the best champions is trash.

I wish I would have seen that before I did 5 and got garbage yesterday.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Not Sure
    Well, it’s definitely better than the last one. You don’t seem to be having much luck with the basic, but it’s still cheaper and can drop god tiers.
  • aWildeCataWildeCat Posts: 26
    No
    The basic 5 star crystal isn't terrible, has some great champs, for example: i pulled spidey SE today!

My other 5 stars (all from regular 5* crystal (in order that i got them)) are: phoenix, hulk, hawkeye, psylocke, hulk(dupe), taskmaster, and now spidey SE
  • Not Sure
    hi
  • BriceMiesterBriceMiester Posts: 278
    edited October 2019
    No
    Pretty much for those OP Legends that have Every Champ from taking Every Rank Reward in Every Arena Every Time. I havent spent for a featured yet the extra cost doesnt feel worth the reward