**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2* wars and AW Seasons.

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
I don't think it has been addressed yet, but 2* wars in AW Seasons should be fixed. I don't know that this is still happening, but I know it did during season 1 a lot.

Is it possible to have 2* and 3* (and 4* that are not maxed maybe even 5* R1's as well) award lower points in Plat 1 and Master brackets?
For example a 2* will have a max attack bonus of 120 points, 3* will have a max attack bonus of 180 points,
un-maxed 4* and 5* R1 will have one the previous 2 scores, and 4* maxed and 5* r2 and up could have the full 240 attack bonus.

That's just an example, but wars like this allow teams who know they will lose to save on potions and boosts as well as allows both teams to benefit from little to no deaths. The winning team can get a perfect war victory and the losing team can get a near perfect war lose.

Hope to see this addressed in some way.

Cheers!

Comments

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I can't wrap my head around this.
    Are the 2 ally's making a deal before they place anyone?
    Why would the losing team give the winning team such an advantage like that?
    The winning team maxing points in a war effects everyone, even the losing team.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    Stewman wrote: »
    I can't wrap my head around this.
    Are the 2 ally's making a deal before they place anyone?
    Why would the losing team give the winning team such an advantage like that?
    The winning team maxing points in a war effects everyone, even the losing team.

The two teams do talk during the placement phase. It's very easy to tell who you are facing up against.

It benefits even the loser in a huge way. The team who knows they will lose can save potions, boosts, and actually earn more points toward season rewards by reducing their death count. The losing team will place 145 diversity and neither team will have any deaths. The winning team will get a close to if not perfect AW score, and the losing team will have a nearly perfect losing score minus the 150 points from the lacking diversity.

Yeah I know you can figure out who you are fighting. I am pretty sure that's why they messed with the "odds" to make it more difficult.

But that makes sense. No deaths either team, let the winning team win with just diversity basically.

Folks are creative when it comes to trying to stick it to the man. lol
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Any way this could be addressed?
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    How do you know who you are facing
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

They could start including defender rating in the scoring again to curb it somewhat. Or, start placing minimum defender ratings by tier. Like, no 1* defenders in tier 18 or higher, etc, although people could still reasonably make similar deals with 1/10 4*'s.
    Cujo999 wrote: »

They could start including defender rating in the scoring again to curb it somewhat. Or, start placing minimum defender ratings by tier. Like, no 1* defenders in tier 18 or higher, etc, although people could still reasonably make similar deals with 1/10 4*'s.

Yeah in my OP I say it might be best if only maxed 4* and 5* R2+ champs are the only ones that provide the 240 point max attack bonus for no deaths. Anything weaker than those should reward less points for no deaths.
    Rixob wrote: »
    How do you know who you are facing

Many ways. The calculator is one, but before that you'd just ask in a line chat if anyone had the same +/- points for the war you were going into, and then you would match up the times till defender placement phase was over.
    jaofud0opv9b.png

The picture above was taken from a thread that’s been closed, I’m not able to quote the comment because the thread has been closed.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    They need to make a two or three star war only to actually give those champions a purpose. plus most people have them maxed out so it would be a skills base battle not getting match up against a team of 5* R5 and 6* and getting your ars handed to ya.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

Yeah in my OP I say it might be best if only maxed 4* and 5* R2+ champs are the only ones that provide the 240 point max attack bonus for no deaths. Anything weaker than those should reward less points for no deaths.

I think that it would discourage organized 2* wars if they did your suggestion, but then Alliances would start placing weaker defenders on principal as a means of denying the opposition points.

I think that it would discourage organized 2* wars if they did your suggestion, but then Alliances would start placing weaker defenders on principal as a means of denying the opposition points.

Good call i completely over looked that. Maybe it would be best to have the point multiplier be effected by defender rating. For example in T1 AW you need "x" defender rating to get the 7x multiplier.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They can just hide the win/loss numbers, either or both will likely suffice. But it should be addressed as it allows for collusion.
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    it won t happen why?? then players will cry because they dont have enough 5*r5 as defender to make more pts or 6* etc etc, so winner on AW defense will be highest spender to have all 5* champs and 6* and up, i have 11x 5* 4/45 so it will be easier for me to put anyone and get highest score as possible...

well 2* wars is smart save money items... or do u prefer using 1 odin vault every 2 -3 wars to assume less deaths account? if i was a leader on top aw alliance i will kick anyone who won t use triple boosts 30% in every fight at war

i have many accounts on noobs alliances make me sicks when i see how players cant manage AW, they died sometime in 1st fight...

In my OP I said this should only be for Platinum 1 and Master brackets. As lower rating wars will need to have lower rated champs.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    They can just hide the win/loss numbers, either or both will likely suffice. But it should be addressed as it allows for collusion.

I agree that was one of my suggestions on another, I believe closed, thread. They should hide the +/- of the war and round the countdown timer to a large number like 15 mins or greater.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_

We need a solution to this. It is happening way too often for alliances in the top 20. It is unfair to those who have fought actual wars every time.

This has been a problem too long. Please give us a response.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    How do they talk before attack phase?
    Repto23 wrote: »
    How do they talk before attack phase?

https://theclassadvantage.com/war-opponent-calculator/