**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Intercepting is Broken - Video Evidence Provided

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
Intercepting mechanics have been flawed since Act 5.4 was released. Players have detailed their experiences on the forum for months but the problem has yet to be acknowledged:

https://youtu.be/-JzVdCp9GSc

Above clip was taken from Labyrinth of Legends last night. Comments?

Comments

• JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Strongly disagree. He was so close that his light attack almost seemed to pass through her body before she even started her attack.
    @BitterSteel (strongly disagree with no disrespect intended :smile: ) That’s just what I see from the video.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It was a light hit, you weren’t close enough to hit her with the reach of a light attack. Personally I don’t see the problem.

Star Lord started his light attack when Black Widow was right next to him:

pkxcfa49yd6y.jpg
    7zn1340uj7sb.jpg
    i2xpfisotd27.jpg
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It was a light hit, you weren’t close enough to hit her with the reach of a light attack. Personally I don’t see the problem.

Star Lord started his light attack when Black Widow was right next to him:

pkxcfa49yd6y.jpg
    7zn1340uj7sb.jpg
    i2xpfisotd27.jpg

Fair enough. I paused it on the last image showing this. u25qelf1grqd.jpeg
    Where it looked like she was far away
    Think the forum uses the same filter as global chat, "trumps" was censored
    @DTMelodicMetal did you finish your LOL run?
    JC_ wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal did you finish your LOL run?

Yep, uploading the run to YouTube right now. My left hand cramped against Moon Knight after soloing Dr. Strange.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    It's that damn leg attack pulling her back.. I've had it happen with a few that start with a leg attack.. Watch the frames
    3vikcgmnd5pm.png
    ymdhcp6tst5v.png
    rgwnr9lkcd9r.png
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    It's that damn leg attack pulling her back.. I've had it happen with a few that start with a leg attack.. Watch the frames
    3vikcgmnd5pm.png
    ymdhcp6tst5v.png
    rgwnr9lkcd9r.png

Star Lord's punch is literally touching Black Widow's head before she starts her kick
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I agree mate.. I've had it happen a bunch of times.. They move back to the furthest leg putting them at a safe distance (even though it should have made contact) When their full charge I've started swinging when their about half way across the screen now most times it'll make contact.. Not the way it used to be.. Something has changed
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    how about forward dash attacks. they NEVER work anymore i notice after the last 2 major updates. the AI always hits me. ALWAYS. AI i feel has been tweaked and changed
  • TeriGaandMeKadduTeriGaandMeKaddu Posts: 54
    I don't think that's broken. When you walk forward and hit a light attack to a charging defender hitting medium, later one counts. If you were standing and hit a well timed light and if that didn't connect that would've been an issue. This seems alright to me.
    I don't think that's broken. When you walk forward and hit a light attack to a charging defender hitting medium, later one counts. If you were standing and hit a well timed light and if that didn't connect that would've been an issue. This seems alright to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQajULv4gA

@TeriGaandMeKaddu Star Lord’s intercept was the later attack
  • TeriGaandMeKadduTeriGaandMeKaddu Posts: 54

@TeriGaandMeKaddu Star Lord’s intercept was the later attack

What i meant is when attacker hit light while walking forward to a charging defender who always hits medium, the later one i.e. the defender's attack counts.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Light attacks are faster than medium attacks
    From the video, the light attack definitely won
    Went ahead and moved this to the correct section for easier tracking. I'll pass this info along to the rest of the team.

Thank you Kabam Zibiit
    What i meant is when attacker hit light while walking forward to a charging defender who always hits medium, the later one i.e. the defender's attack counts.

I’m not following your English:
    “A charging defender who always hits medium, the later one i.e. the defender’s attack counts”, I don’t know what that means and I’ve never seen another player or forum moderator say that’s how intercepting works.

Star Lord clearly intercepted Black Widow’s dash attack, the screenshots show Star Lord starting and connecting his light attack when Black Widow is at point blank range.
    Flawed means every time you try to intercept there's a fail. "Inconsistent" would better describe the frame display, where what you see is out of sync with fight commands and timing, which typically supersedes visuals.

qkj2b0d1bbna.png

Containing mistakes is spot on. Can you provide supplemental information to better explain frame display being out of sync which typically supersedes visuals? I don’t think many players are familiar with those terms/concepts, I know I’m not.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    You attacked too early. She was in range while you were launching the attack but got out of range once it actually landed and it hit air. You attacked almost at the same time she did. Had you waited an instant longer she would've gotten back into range to land her kick and you would've hit. On dash kicks, the AI runs up to you but will never actually be in melee range because their kicks have a longer range than light attacks. Your hit has to land immediately before theirs would, and you'd usually make contact with their kicking leg. I think It's more an issue with animation than intercept being broken.
    solopolo wrote: »
    You attacked too early. She was in range while you were launching the attack but got out of range once it actually landed and it hit air. You attacked almost at the same time she did. Had you waited an instant longer she would've gotten back into range to land her kick and you would've hit. On dash kicks, the AI runs up to you but will never actually be in melee range because their kicks have a longer range than light attacks. Your hit has to land immediately before theirs would, and you'd usually make contact with their kicking leg. I think It's more an issue with animation than intercept being broken.

@solopolo Starting SL’s light attack much later than this would not have landed his intercept:

7e0qkocko4wd.jpeg
    t6ak7m2c5oq9.jpeg

Some comments have cherrypickrd specific parts of my OP and follow up post to support their opinions while disregarding other parts that disprove their opinions. I’ll go through other in-game recorded footage from that LOL run and past few months to better show this thread’s topic.
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    LOL, It's not broken at all
    You need to intercept their medium attack NOT light attack
    Why're you even posting this screenshots all the way?
    You need to be well-timed
    Do you have lag issues?
    Kriss_II wrote: »
    Do you have lag issues?

That was a medium attack black widow used genius
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    Don't pls call me a genius lol

Oh Nooo... That BW was intercepting you. She used his M attack after u used. Any complaints now?
    LOL
    Don't pls call me a genius lol

Oh Nooo... That BW was intercepting you. She used his M attack after u used. Any complaints now?
    LOL

The "genius" was a misnomer

And I get your point now
    Tho visually speaking his light attack should have connected
    Was in a similar situation with proxima when I was using magik. Intercepted with a light attack and I hit
    The timing in the video is on par(based on my play style) with my personal timing hence why I feel it should have connected
    Do you have lag issues?

@Kriss_II I use an IPhone7 with CenturyLink 500 MB/s, lag isn’t an issue.

Intercepting is when a champion attacks first, but it interrupted by an opponent’s well-timed counter attack. The above video shows Black Widow starting a dash attack and Star Lord intercepting with a light attack after Black Widow has started her dash attack. Here’s the video again slowed down even more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlqZtLYSsWE

Black Widow clearly moves forward to attack before Star Lord starts his light attack. Black Widow did not intercept Star Lord.